Clint dempsey - I would have him in a flash

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 pm wrote:[quote="bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:56 pm
what a thoroughly ludicrous, unfounded set of accusations you (regularly !) make, sunshine....
Do you read out loud when you type so you can LISTEN to the horse shyte you post?

what`s unfounded? that the yanks arent here to make money?
that they are bringing dempsey here to sell shirts in the states?
that they werent big footy fans?
whats unfounded? sunshine

The fact that you know absolutely NOTHING about the owners, their agenda, their knowledge of football.......
THAT is the point. So shut up pontificating about something you know NOTHING about.
Easy enough to understand now ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 pm wrote:[quote="bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:56 pm
what a thoroughly ludicrous, unfounded set of accusations you (regularly !) make, sunshine....
Do you read out loud when you type so you can LISTEN to the horse shyte you post?

what`s unfounded? that the yanks arent here to make money?
that they are bringing dempsey here to sell shirts in the states?
that they werent big footy fans?
whats unfounded? sunshine

The fact that you know absolutely NOTHING about the owners, their agenda, their knowledge of football.......
THAT is the point. So shut up pontificating about something you know NOTHING about.
Easy enough to understand now ?

dont talk f**king stupid, tom werner says in an interview a few months ago that they want to sign an american player because it`s the quickest way to build their fanbase in the states and then a few months later we just happen to sign a yank, not only that he`s 29/30, is going to cost a good few quid, at that age has little sell on value, and happens to be the player mentioned in the interview?
i bet you believe in father christmas as well dont you?
easy enough to understand now?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am wrote:
dont talk f**king stupid, tom werner says in an interview a few months ago that they want to sign an american player because it`s the quickest way to build their fanbase in the states and then a few months later we just happen to sign a yank, not only that he`s 29/30, is going to cost a good few quid, at that age has little sell on value, and happens to be the player mentioned in the interview?

Take it easy ycsatlkjda;dfjad;ldsfja;dljf, so what if our owners want to sell a few shirts and want to build a fanbase in the states? Modern club football needs to rely heavily on global fanbase and the revenues it makes. As long as the player we bought is not some useless player and as long as he contributes to the quality of the team. As it is Dempsey had a better season than our players like Henderson, Adam, Downing and Carroll combined. And he seems to be a hardworking player as well. Didn't the mancs buy park ji sung to build up fanbase in korea and asia as well? Now they're buying the japanese fella. As long as the player we're buying is not some scrub I couldn't care less.

:unclesam:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am wrote:

Take it easy ycsatlkjda;dfjad;ldsfja;dljf, so what if our owners want to sell a few shirts and want to build a fanbase in the states? Modern club football needs to rely heavily on global fanbase and the revenues it makes. As long as the player we bought is not some useless player and as long as he contributes to the quality of the team. As it is Dempsey had a better season than our players like Henderson, Adam, Downing and Carroll combined. And he seems to be a hardworking player as well. Didn't the mancs buy park ji sung to build up fanbase in korea and asia as well? Now they're buying the japanese fella. As long as the player we're buying is not some scrub I couldn't care less.

:unclesam:

sorry mate.
i have said in a few threads that dempseys not the worst player in the world (and neither is borini probably) but they just seem to me to be the type of signings everton would make. they are not the type of signings the likes of chelsea or united would make.
english footy isnt a traditional 2 horse race like scotland or spain where 2 clubs have generally dominated since the dawn of time, teams have to work hard and aim high to stay at the top in england.
over the past 50 years we havent been out of the top flight and in fact we havent even finished outside the top 8! over a span of 50 years thats an amazing achievement. look at some of the teams above us in that same period, city have been relegated 5 times including to the 3rd tier of english footy, chelsea 4 times including a 5 year spell in the second division during late 70`s, spurs went down in the 70`s and so did man united.
and united`s relegation wasnt a one off freak season, the year before they escaped relegation by one place and over the years they have often finished mid table, hell, they finished in the bottom half twice under ferguson!
we as liverpool fans should realise that our place at the top isnt set in stone, we earned the right to stay at the top by signing good players and having great managers, i think as a fanbase we have become blase to what can happen. the history of english footy is full of fallen giants who once dominated the game, the likes of preston, huddersfield, leeds and wolves were all big clubs who were the top dogs at one time or another.
to me we gradually seem to be lowering our sights as a club, at one time it was the title we aimed for, then it was finishing in the top 2, then when the CL expanded to 4 teams it was the top 4 we aimed for and to be honest most fans would regard a 5th place finish next season as a decent season.
looking at how we have lowered our expectations and looking at the type of players starting to come into the club i genuinely worry that we are becoming also rans.
i can understand how people are preferring to look on the bright side of things but believe me there were plenty of leeds fans when the bremners and giles started to be replaced with the cherry`s and curries who said dont worry the club knows what they are doing but then those players started to be replaced by the harts and the aging frank worthingtons and the rest is history. giants dont fall straight away, they dont fall flat on their face, they gradually sink to their knee`s first. seen it all before, loads of times.
i`m not saying we will end up in the lower divisions or anything like that but put it this way i wouldnt put any money on us not finishing outside the top 8 in the next 50 years the way things are going.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 pm

YC, I'd like to ask you about the exact quote of where Werner says that it's to increase fan base in america.

From what I can find, he said -

"We are confident that we will be making further progress in the future, and we are hard at work identifying transfer targets to help us continue to improve the squad."
"We never talk publicly about our transfer targets. However, any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad."

How does this equate to saying what you're saying about increase fanbase and making quick money?
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:21 pm

kartiek » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:14 pm wrote:YC, I'd like to ask you about the exact quote of where Werner says that it's to increase fan base in america.

From what I can find, he said -

"We are confident that we will be making further progress in the future, and we are hard at work identifying transfer targets to help us continue to improve the squad."
"We never talk publicly about our transfer targets. However, any team would be lucky to have Clint Dempsey playing on their squad."

How does this equate to saying what you're saying about increase fanbase and making quick money?

it was in an interview on LFC tv mate from a while back, i think he did a couple of interviews from fenway park and if i remember correctly it was one of those.
havent got the foggiest how to find the interview.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:49 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am wrote:sorry mate.
i have said in a few threads that dempseys not the worst player in the world (and neither is borini probably) but they just seem to me to be the type of signings everton would make. they are not the type of signings the likes of chelsea or united would make.
english footy isnt a traditional 2 horse race like scotland or spain where 2 clubs have generally dominated since the dawn of time, teams have to work hard and aim high to stay at the top in england.
over the past 50 years we havent been out of the top flight and in fact we havent even finished outside the top 8! over a span of 50 years thats an amazing achievement. look at some of the teams above us in that same period, city have been relegated 5 times including to the 3rd tier of english footy, chelsea 4 times including a 5 year spell in the second division during late 70`s, spurs went down in the 70`s and so did man united.
and united`s relegation wasnt a one off freak season, the year before they escaped relegation by one place and over the years they have often finished mid table, hell, they finished in the bottom half twice under ferguson!
we as liverpool fans should realise that our place at the top isnt set in stone, we earned the right to stay at the top by signing good players and having great managers, i think as a fanbase we have become blase to what can happen. the history of english footy is full of fallen giants who once dominated the game, the likes of preston, huddersfield, leeds and wolves were all big clubs who were the top dogs at one time or another.
to me we gradually seem to be lowering our sights as a club, at one time it was the title we aimed for, then it was finishing in the top 2, then when the CL expanded to 4 teams it was the top 4 we aimed for and to be honest most fans would regard a 5th place finish next season as a decent season.
looking at how we have lowered our expectations and looking at the type of players starting to come into the club i genuinely worry that we are becoming also rans.
i can understand how people are preferring to look on the bright side of things but believe me there were plenty of leeds fans when the bremners and giles started to be replaced with the cherry`s and curries who said dont worry the club knows what they are doing but then those players started to be replaced by the harts and the aging frank worthingtons and the rest is history. giants dont fall straight away, they dont fall flat on their face, they gradually sink to their knee`s first. seen it all before, loads of times.
i`m not saying we will end up in the lower divisions or anything like that but put it this way i wouldnt put any money on us not finishing outside the top 8 in the next 50 years the way things are going.

Who do you want us to sign? Cavani? Why would a player like Cavani come to a team without CL football, like it or not we have fallen from the position where we can sign top players since rafa's last season. Not only that we are struggling to hold onto our best players like Reina and Suarez. With Kuyt and Maxi leaving, Dempsey and Borini to me are good replacements. I'm encouraged because reports say that they are hardworking players. The last thing we need is a player like Ryan babel who has lots of potential but lazy as feck. I maybe the minority here to have the opinion that the manager is the most important piece for a team and I feel that rodgers has something special. We'll have to wait and see. No one knows how the manager will be like and how his system and team will perform. For now the best thing we can do is give the manager and the new players a chance. And I have a feeling this season's new signings will out perform last season's new signings...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:08 am

I don't get the Dempsey connection, he's 29 which goes against the FSG culture of buying in youngsters. I'd rather keep Bellamy as the resident oldie but goldie, every time he came on the pitch last season he made an instant impact. We're just pandering to the owners, cant see any other reason why we'd show interest.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Reg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 am wrote:I don't get the Dempsey connection, he's 29 which goes against the FSG culture of buying in youngsters. I'd rather keep Bellamy as the resident oldie but goldie, every time he came on the pitch last season he made an instant impact. We're just pandering to the owners, cant see any other reason why we'd show interest.

$$$$$$$$$
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 am

I posted this in rumours , forgot he had his own bit...

According to a video posted on the official website of the Fenway Sports Group, who are the owners of Liverpool, by the New England Sports Network (NESN), the Premier League club will complete the signing of Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey by the end of the week.

http://www.fenwaysportsgroup.com/

this is disgusting! Fenway announce it before Liverpool FC announce it? WHAT THE FUK IS GOING ON?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:28 am

What video? I didn't see anything?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 am

Found the video and it said “published reports have Liverpool on the verge of completing a deal”.  Isn’t NESN a sports news channel owned by FSG? It’s no different to the official site providing links to rumours in the papers.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

they changed the Fenway home page, honest mate, it said they'd added Borini and Dempsey to the team
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 am

there it is... BBC picked up on it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18886354
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 am

What a bunch of amateurs!