Clint dempsey - I would have him in a flash

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 am

ethanr » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 am wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:for the right price, why not? The problem with Carroll is that he costs 35 million. Dempsey for 10 million? why not... besides he's 29 so he shouldn't cost too much...

10 million is too much for an American don't you think? :D

Think about some of the decent Americans there have been.  Howard a few years ago was probably worth more than 10.  I think Dempsey would be if he were a couple years younger. Donovan would probably go for 6 or 7, but if he was playing in the prem already he'd go for over 10.

But ya, not many Americans will be worth that. anytime soon.

I recall you guys had a player called Alexi Lalas if I'm not wrong, defender? He looks SO different now! It's like a completely different person.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 am

ethanr » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 am wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:for the right price, why not? The problem with Carroll is that he costs 35 million. Dempsey for 10 million? why not... besides he's 29 so he shouldn't cost too much...

10 million is too much for an American don't you think? :D

Think about some of the decent Americans there have been.  Howard a few years ago was probably worth more than 10.  I think Dempsey would be if he were a couple years younger. Donovan would probably go for 6 or 7, but if he was playing in the prem already he'd go for over 10.

But ya, not many Americans will be worth that. anytime soon.

I recall you guys had a player called Alexi Lalas if I'm not wrong, defender? He looks SO different now! It's like a completely different person.[/quote]
He was a couple of years ahead of me at Rutgers, He was cool back then.  Total Douche now.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:00 am

and a second touch that isn't a tackle. 

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 am wrote:
Think of him as Kuyt with some speed, creativity, and a second touch that isn't a tackle.

Dempsey quick ? He couldnt look slower if you watched him on Betamax  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:10 am

ye dempesy is not bad, not sure though,  i think rodgers will bring in 2 strikers,  keep having these crazy visions about grant holt coming to us   :help

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 am

He has had an amazing season, but I honestly don't think he would be able to replicate his form next season.

More of a one season wonder, just like are old loved Charlie Adam.

Also he is turning 30 next March so I doubt this would go down well with the owners and Rodger's philosophy of bringing in "young, talented and hungry" players from here on in.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 am

Dempsey would be a great replacement for Maxi.  Will provide a good goalscoring record from midfield. I think he was one of the best headers of the ball in the league last season, and he plays with a lot of intensity.
JoeTerp

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 am

eds » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm wrote:He has had an amazing season, but I honestly don't think he would be able to replicate his form next season.

More of a one season wonder, just like are old loved Charlie Adam.

Also he is turning 30 next March so I doubt this would go down well with the owners and Rodger's philosophy of bringing in "young, talented and hungry" players from here on in.

Odd that you would consider him a "one season wonder" seeing as he has slowly increased his goal tally over the past 4 years ( the first couple he was playing out wide) 

BTW I am not a fan of Dempsey.  If he were to join LFC of course I would be.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 am

talk now of adam being involved in any deal. wouldn't lose sleep over that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Raven » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

More than happy to swap adam for him.
The Raven

Postby mart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Good enough for a squad player, but he is not the type of player that will really improve the team.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 am

mart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:45 pm wrote:Good enough for a squad player, but he is not the type of player that will really improve the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVFxJer ... e=youtu.be

Really?
kartiek

Postby kartiek » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:34 am

Probably can't improve the team just because he's american isn't it?
kartiek

Postby ethanr » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:16 am

Being American isn't the only reason, but I do imagine it's a reason, considering we're touring North America this year and are trying to spread our influence over here.  People who follow football in the U.S. tend to be fans of Dempsey, so it could really help, a bit like the Asian market when they get a player like Kagawa or Park playing for united, and young playing for Bolton.

But I imagine another reason we're going after him is because he banked in 23 goals in 46 games for Fulham last season in all competitions, and tally pretty much any English striker would be thrilled with.

Regardless, if we do end up signing him, as an American I'll be one of the first in line to get a Dempsey jersey, and be thrilled that An American has finally been able to play for Liverpool.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:56 am

ethanr » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:16 am wrote:Being American isn't the only reason, but I do imagine it's a reason, considering we're touring North America this year and are trying to spread our influence over here.  People who follow football in the U.S. tend to be fans of Dempsey, so it could really help, a bit like the Asian market when they get a player like Kagawa or Park playing for united, and young playing for Bolton.

But I imagine another reason we're going after him is because he banked in 23 goals in 46 games for Fulham last season in all competitions, and tally pretty much any English striker would be thrilled with.

Regardless, if we do end up signing him, as an American I'll be one of the first in line to get a Dempsey jersey, and be thrilled that An American has finally been able to play for Liverpool.

Brad Friedal played for Liverpool.

I think Dempsey would be a very useful addition.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill