Charlie adam

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mkingdom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 pm

I hope they signed Beattie and Reid hoping we'd meet their valuation and it takes them into admin!
mkingdom

Postby paisleyred » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 pm

queue the countdown clock.
paisleyred

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 am

Scottbot wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:feel sorry for the lad tbh.it was his dream move and he absolutely looked gutted.
what do blackpool honestly expect?a way over inflated price for a lad they payed 500k for and reluctantly at that.
all oyston seems to care about is how much we got for torres not the welfare of his player:(

The welfare of the player!? Oh come one, if one of our best players wants to leave do we give a stuff about their welfare and what they want? Bollo...x do we, we say the player has a contract and he should honour it and that the club comes first. Why should Blackpool be any different?

yeah look how we faired out with torres.
was he not important to the team?.he wanted out he got out.the club didnt deny him his supposed dream move.
so what we got 50mil for him and that was because it was in his contract.if no such clause existed we would have got far less and prob less than twice what we paid for him.
obviously lfc gave a sh1t about the player to let him go rather than have him stay when he didnt want to.

id say adams contract isnt worth a sh1t at blackpool and one player isnt going to make the difference whether they stay up or not.
how many players do you recall that have honoured their contracts till the end?

I don't really see the comparison. Torres for 50 miilion compared to the 6-7 mill we're believed to have offered fo Adam.

SSN seem to think Spurs are in for him now!

do you for one minute think we would have got that for torres if it wasnt in his contract?.
do you think we should have held out for 12 times what we paid?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 am

I bet fecking Redknapp has got him.
mkingdom

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 am

:laugh:  :laugh: Arrys came in with a last minute bid for Adam  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:05 am

red till i die!! wrote:do you for one minute think we would have got that for torres if it wasnt in his contract?.

I don't see the relevance. 50 million is a huge sum of money and smashes the British transfer record. 6-7 million for Adam doesn't even come close to the £40 miilion that premiership survival is worth to Blackpool. I thought we were talking about whether Blackpool had done right/wrong by their player? They have done right by Blackpool form what I can see. If we really wanted the lad we should have bid somewhere in the £10 million range I think. At least that might have really turned their head.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 am

So Adam is staying at Blackpool. Can't help but think Blackpool are making the wrong decision, I seriously think they aren't going down. Adam is never going to attract the same levels of transfer price as he has tonight, hopefully we will sign him in 6 months for £4-5m.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:16 am

Scottbot wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:do you for one minute think we would have got that for torres if it wasnt in his contract?.

I don't see the relevance. 50 million is a huge sum of money and smashes the British transfer record. 6-7 million for Adam doesn't even come close to the £40 miilion that premiership survival is worth to Blackpool. I thought we were talking about whether Blackpool had done right/wrong by their player? They have done right by Blackpool form what I can see. If we really wanted the lad we should have bid somewhere in the £10 million range I think. At least that might have really turned their head.

ok then they done what was right for the club not the player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 am

Spurs failed in their last min bid. Will have to try again in the summer
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 am

Why is this a Liverpool thread?

He hasn't signed for us, so should be moved the rumours section, yeah?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 am

red till i die!! wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

ok then they done what was right for the club not the player.

I expect we'll be back in for him in the summer but you get the impression Spurs and the mancs will also be in the running so they may still edn up getting decent money for the lad as well as staying up.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:So Adam is staying at Blackpool. Can't help but think Blackpool are making the wrong decision, I seriously think they aren't going down. Adam is never going to attract the same levels of transfer price as he has tonight, hopefully we will sign him in 6 months for £4-5m.

There will be a bigger possibility he'll go to a different club in the next transfer window. Should have signed him today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby p_i_n_g_u » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 am

Redknapp is now on Talksport saying BPool agreed £6-7 million sale to Spurs but they missed the deadline...so what about the LFC offer? Doesn't ring true as no mention of a medical or anything.
p_i_n_g_u

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 am

They need him to stay up.
He'll be here in the summer
Thommo's perm

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 am

eds wrote:Why is this a Liverpool thread?

He hasn't signed for us, so should be moved the rumours section, yeah?

No, as it is not a rumour, its a fact Liverpool have tried to sign him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill