Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Good luck Big Man ,I will continue to watch your career avidly.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Can see him coming back to haunt us a few times. Will make mincemeat of our CB's given the chance
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 pm wrote:Can see him coming back to haunt us a few times. Will make mincemeat of our CB's given the chance

I said the same, well not in the same words, in the fixtures thread.  Actually I didn't put it so softly.  I said He and Nolan together bitchslapped our CB's around last time we faced the pair.  Now that he will have an axe to grind with us I'd say he will be more than up to wreaking havoc against us.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Especially if we go in without a physical CB or a dominating DM.
Benny The Noon

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm

A good player and a shame it didn't work out for him. I'll always remember his two goals at home to City in April 11, the semi-final winner at Wembley in the cup and the desire and effort he showed in the final against Chelsea - inches away from pulling us level in that game.

All the best to him for the rest of his career.
friendlyguy33

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

friendlyguy33 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm wrote:A good player and a shame it didn't work out for him. I'll always remember his two goals at home to City in April 11, the semi-final winner at Wembley in the cup and the desire and effort he showed in the final against Chelsea - inches away from pulling us level in that game.

Inches away? The ball was in mate   :nod
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Rodgers didn't fancy him and FSG felt sick every time they looked at him after paying out
the £35m and top wages.

No doubt him and Rodgers just don't fit, but I think the club just wanted him out of there
generally as he was a constant reminder of their darkest hour that January window.

It was just a ridiculous piece of business, and whatever you think of the player the club just
couldn't handle the embarrassment of the deal and Carroll could never justify the tag.

They wanted shut no matter what the lad did or didn't do and that's been achieved.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:08 pm

friendlyguy33 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:24 pm wrote:A good player and a shame it didn't work out for him. I'll always remember his two goals at home to City in April 11, the semi-final winner at Wembley in the cup and the desire and effort he showed in the final against Chelsea - inches away from pulling us level in that game.

Unfortunately mate that is an excellent summary of exactly what Andy achieved from the beginning of Jan 2012 to the end of the season. Sorry I mustn't forget the two goals he scored In the league, during that period, against an appalling Wolves and an equally atrocious Blackburn.

I know his game isn't simply about scoring goals but his job title is striker and he just didn't find the back of the net often enough. People talk of him terrorising defences and yet the occasions were few and far between when he did that playing for Liverpool.

Andy I will always be grateful for your winning goal in the semi final of the FA Cup against Everton  :grinning:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:15 am

Liverpool have paid Andy Carroll around £1million to leave Anfield.

England striker Carroll completed a £17.5m move to West Ham, on a six-year deal, earlier this week after spending last season on loan to the Londoners.

It has since emerged that the 24-year-old was given a massive golden parachute by the Reds to join the Irons on a permanent basis.

Carroll had been stalling on the switch, and that Liverpool feared he would not make the move unless they made the payment.

The Mirror understands the Anfield giants increased the amount of money they were demanding from West Ham so that they could in turn pay Carroll off.

It was revealed earlier this week that the striker’s transfer deal breaks down to £15.5m plus another £2m in add-ons.

The move from Liverpool illustrates the lengths they were prepared to go to get Carroll of their wage bill and use his fee to fund summer signings.

The marksman had held out for a switch back to boyhood club Newcastle, who sold him to the Kop for £35m in 2011.

But the Magpies - despite talk of a late bid - were not prepared to pay the amount finally agreed between Liverpool and West Ham.

Meanwhile Carroll - who scored seven times in 22 starts for the Hammers last season, has vowed to improve on that tally in 2013-14.

He said: “I am going to give it my all, to hopefully get some more goals and the aim is to win something.

“I can’t see why we can’t do it with the way the team is going. Getting promoted the season before last, then finishing where we did - we did great, and it can only get better for us.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2WoiGUUKD
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Rumours this morning that his career is over through injury.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Apparently he went to Amsterdam for treatment, Fat Sam is still waiting to hear from him.

:laugh: , good luck with that Sam, have you ever been to Amsterdam ?  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 pm

parchpea » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 am wrote:Rumours this morning that his career is over through injury.

Seriously? Terrible news.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 am

He was ***** Sh*t anyway. Could control a ball further than most could kick it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 am

woof woof ! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:56 pm wrote:Apparently he went to Amsterdam for treatment, Fat Sam is still waiting to hear from him.

:laugh: , good luck with that Sam, have you ever been to Amsterdam ?  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I heard he was in rehab for drug addiction.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion