Utd sign nani & anderson - Man u aint playing

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 9:33 pm

Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson.

The midfield duo are regarded as two of the best young talents in Europe and they have been chased by several of Europe's top clubs.

However, United have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the pair to Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz flew to Lisbon on Wednesday to hold talks with Sporting regarding Portuguese international Nani and they have quickly agreed a move for the exciting winger.

Nani is highly-rated in Portugal and has been likened to current United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Nani, but United have won the race for his signature.

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

Anderson has enjoyed a successful season with Porto, helping them win the Portuguese championship.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Chelsea and Barcelona, but United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Porto for the exciting midfielder.

Both players have agreed personal terms with United and they are due to have a medicals at the club in the near future.

A United statement read: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed."

Should the duo tie up the minor details of the moves they will become United's first signings of the summer.

Damn looks like Utd aint playing.  Hargreaves, Nani and now Anderson in the space of a couple of weeks.
puroresu

Postby Mikz » Wed May 30, 2007 9:53 pm

That guy Nani - I thought Spurs signed him.?
Some player , whoever gets him . I believe hes fond of the stepover too :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:00 pm

Liverpool need to take this as a wake-up call and Rafa, Gillett, Hicks & Parry need to get their asses into gear before all the decent talent has been picked off before we get in.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The French Reds » Wed May 30, 2007 10:03 pm

Nani rules, a veru good player, exactly "comme" C.Ronaldo
The French Reds

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 pm

Mikz wrote:That guy Nani - I thought Spurs signed him.?
Some player , whoever gets him . I believe hes fond of the stepover too :lookaround

Would of loved to of got Nani.  Ronaldo one side and him on another is lethal.  His got plenty of tricks and is only going to get better.  Those sort of players dont seem to be Rafa's type of player.  Players like Nani cant be held back and must be allowed total freedom to express themselves.
puroresu

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm

we always said we have the best midfield.... now?

Nani - hargreaves/carrick - Scoles - Ronaldo

thats one hell of a dangerous midfield!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 10:47 pm

Anderson is a great prospect as well.  Remember seeing him do this trick to beat a player which I have seen no-one do.  It was insane.

Here it is:  1:56 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA1IHwOJScw

Will be interesting to see what the fees are.  Utd seem to have quite a bit of money this summer.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 11:28 pm

Anderson looks like the dogs nuts from that montage, it was reported on Sky that the deals would cost a combined value of 50m euros, 17 million pounds each, but the deal is structured on appearances etc.
LFC2007

Postby stmichael » Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 pm

can't believe they've signed a player called "nani"

wayne rooney will be trying to :censored: him in the dressing room.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tithead » Wed May 30, 2007 11:48 pm

stmichael wrote:can't believe they've signed a player called "nani"

wayne rooney will be trying to :censored: him in the dressing room.

I can't find the laughing smiley so ... lol.
tithead

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 31, 2007 12:38 am

"Eeeeeeeeem I luv shagging nans an ah luv me Forrrd KAHHHHHH, Eeeeeeeeeeem like!!!!"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:54 am

Anderson is the gem - fantastic player from what I've seen.

Nani from accounts from a portguese friend of mine is a bit of a Baros on the wing - runs around like a headless chicken...He has talent but a bit dim up top.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 1:56 am

Sounds to me like the Mancs are going to sign Owen, as they need a striker and surely can't afford any of the other big names after splashing out so much. Damn !
account deleted by request

Postby Thingy » Thu May 31, 2007 3:09 am

s@int wrote:Sounds to me like the Mancs are going to sign Owen, as they need a striker and surely can't afford any of the other big names after splashing out so much. Damn !

Isnt Anderson a striker mate? Anderson Rooney Saha Smith? I know Smiths been playin in midfield alot but still.Will they need another Forward?
Thingy

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 31, 2007 3:15 am

Solkjar(sp) is fkd as is Saha, and Smith is just coming back , they have been playing Giggs or Ronaldo up front in the latter part of the season, so I would guess another striker might be on their list.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion