Utd sign nani & anderson - Man u aint playing

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 am

s@int wrote:Solkjar(sp) is fkd as is Saha, and Smith is just coming back , they have been playing Giggs or Ronaldo up front in the latter part of the season, so I would guess another striker might be on their list.

Yeah true. Would Owen go to United tho? Id rather him stay at the toon than go to them Scum.
Thingy

Postby AussieKopite » Thu May 31, 2007 5:28 am

You have to worry for the guy when he's called the next Ronaldinho. There have been many players who have been called the next Maradonna or Pele and all its done is put too much pressure on them...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 am

I thought Lindsay Lohan was the next Maradona?

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:26 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I thought Lindsay Lohan was the next Maradona?

I thought Maradonna was the next Lindsay Lohan....
Thingy

Postby dward » Thu May 31, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm getting so sick of watching them spend 15m, 20m on players regularly.

When are we going to stop falling behind? If they get a good striker as well, it's going to be extremely difficult challenging them for the league with our current squad.

We need to start spending.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 pm

According to some Portugese expert on the radio today ( his name was something like Pedro Pinto or Vimto ?, although they are both good young players he said neither of them are anywhere near as good as Ricardo Quaresma, when asked if Porto would sell him, he said the only interest so far is from Athletico Madrid, wasnt he one of the many names we have been linked to ?

He also said he didnt think they would sell their BEST player after just selling their second best, so take some comfort that Man U only got the second best player ???

All the reds in work have been on Youtube today watching videos of them two, got to admit on the videos they both look really good, Anderson in particular is  extremely quick and a decent finisher but ive seen videos of so called brilliant players before, time will tell how good they are in the English Premier League.

But the arent going to replace Giggs and Scholes just yet.
destro

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Agree with Rushie and Dward on this. Having said that,  Rafa has been pro-active in trying to get the board to make a start on proceedings now.

Time to definately get the Pounds and Dollors rolling quick smart.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby cpc4eva » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:04 am

dward wrote:I'm getting so sick of watching them spend 15m, 20m on players regularly.

When are we going to stop falling behind? If they get a good striker as well, it's going to be extremely difficult challenging them for the league with our current squad.

We need to start spending.

am i also getting sick and tired of seeing the arogant and unhumble scumbag teams in the competition spend big while we do not....

but having said that there are quotes weve spent 100million on players over the last 3 years.....

the key to changing this so we spend more on better players as i see it has become our assets....

these new owners seem like good guys and want to do good for liverpool but it also appears they are quite the astute business men....

they have reviewed the clubs assets and realise that a larger stadium ( i hope we get an 80,000 kopite seater stadium) is what will increase the clubs revenue substantially and therefore will allow the owners to say......

rafa twice as more  fans came thru the gates than last season so heres a cool 30million to spend on drogba and another 30million for kaka and while your at it heres another 30million for ribery and tevez and malouda...

and heres another 10 million we got for selling the stadium naming rights for this year so go buy some young rookies....

god i hope we get an 80,000 seater stadium that will bring our wildest dreams a reality again......

walk on .........
cpc4eva

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:21 pm

The signings of these two by Manure seem to have prompted a torrent of alarmist posts, the transfer window has only just opened, whilst La liga (a league favoured for signings by Rafa) hasn't even finished yet!

People shouldn't be so hasty, we know we need to snap up players sharpish, but have some bloody patience!
LFC2007

Postby tithead » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:24 am

destro wrote:According to some Portugese expert on the radio today ( his name was something like Pedro Pinto or Vimto ?, although they are both good young players he said neither of them are anywhere near as good as Ricardo Quaresma, when asked if Porto would sell him, he said the only interest so far is from Athletico Madrid, wasnt he one of the many names we have been linked to ?

He also said he didnt think they would sell their BEST player after just selling their second best, so take some comfort that Man U only got the second best player ???

All the reds in work have been on Youtube today watching videos of them two, got to admit on the videos they both look really good, Anderson in particular is  extremely quick and a decent finisher but ive seen videos of so called brilliant players before, time will tell how good they are in the English Premier League.

But the arent going to replace Giggs and Scholes just yet.

Haha, you make me laugh. A self proclaimed 'expert' (on what exactly?) says that FC Porto have sold us their second best player! Even IF (which I highly doubt) he was the second best player, it's all about the players who fit in and how they work within the team that counts.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely we would spend 17 million quid on a second rate player. Did I mention that the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid were interested in Anderson as well?
tithead

Postby destro » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 am

He was on Talksport, look up his name if i got it right and you will see who he is, I would assume that he is not 'self proclaimed' he is obviously someone who knows not just Portugese football but football in general, they wouldnt of just rang some random guy in Portugal and asked his opinion. Did i say i thought either player was second rate ? I said 'according to him', that he was their second best player and neither player in his opinion are as good as Quaresma. I dont watch much Portugese football so i cant really say how good they are ( unless i base my opinion of them on Youtube videos) but this guy obviously does

As for Chelsea,Barcelona and Real being interested, who told you that? I heard the only other club to enquire was Spurs !. Funny how the price of players can go up once those three are 'said' to be interested
destro

Postby Elchris » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:22 pm

Great buy by the mancs....cant wait to see them play,to be honest.

We could match theirs by buying dos santos and queresma :D 

but i'm getting abit restless now....i noe about patience but benitez himself have stated "We must not waste time we have to get our target fast"

Nevetheless i expect at least 2 good signings...one striker one winger...
Elchris

Postby Barca Murph » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:06 am

I can confirm that Barca were interested in Anderson. I think we wanted to sign him, but not give him 1st team football for the 1st season (most likely staying at Porto on loan). That might be what cost us the chance to snap him up.

Great player from what i have seen of him.
Barca Murph

Postby Rupi » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:25 am

Definitely a great buy by the Mancs!

We've got to hurry to get our targets before they'd go to our rivals!

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby mungi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 am

dont panic it will come
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion