Chelsea

followed by...

Liverpool
Man U
Arsenal
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby FANTÔMAS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 am

It'll be a different year without Cristiano playing his little tricks on the wing. The Manc will struggle to win it, if they do, it'll be a miracle, but I just don't see it happening. Chelsea has the best chances of coveting the Premiership title. They have  been generally the most consistant team throughout the whole season in the last two years. Alas, If Liverpool do not secure a third spot finish, I think Benítez will be sacked by the owners. As for Arsenal, they've lost some of their most promising players, and while they have a good squad of youngsters, immaturity, lack of discipline will once again cost them dearly. I think Wenger's time will be up by the end of the season if he doesnt win a major accolade. Alas, I can see Tottenham doing enough to break into the top four. They've certainly improved their team by a conisderable amount and while perhaps wont be able to challenge for fourth, will certainly give us a run for our money for third.

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
FANTÔMAS

Postby John Kegs » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 am

FANTÔMAS wrote:They've certainly improved their team by a conisderable amount and while perhaps wont be able to challenge for fourth, will certainly give us a run for our money for third.

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

I might be tired, but does that make sense?  :Oo:
John Kegs

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm

John Kegs wrote:
FANTÔMAS wrote:They've certainly improved their team by a conisderable amount and while perhaps wont be able to challenge for fourth, will certainly give us a run for our money for third.

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

I might be tired, but does that make sense?  :Oo:

:laugh:  :laugh:

LOL
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:26 am

FANTÔMAS wrote:It'll be a different year without Cristiano playing his little tricks on the wing. The Manc will struggle to win it, if they do, it'll be a miracle, but I just don't see it happening. Chelsea has the best chances of coveting the Premiership title. They have  been generally the most consistant team throughout the whole season in the last two years. Alas, If Liverpool do not secure a third spot finish, I think Benítez will be sacked by the owners. As for Arsenal, they've lost some of their most promising players, and while they have a good squad of youngsters, immaturity, lack of discipline will once again cost them dearly. I think Wenger's time will be up by the end of the season if he doesnt win a major accolade. Alas, I can see Tottenham doing enough to break into the top four. They've certainly improved their team by a conisderable amount and while perhaps wont be able to challenge for fourth, will certainly give us a run for our money for third.

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

WILHELMSSON ALERT.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 am

LFC2007 wrote:
FANTÔMAS wrote:It'll be a different year without Cristiano playing his little tricks on the wing. The Manc will struggle to win it, if they do, it'll be a miracle, but I just don't see it happening. Chelsea has the best chances of coveting the Premiership title. They have  been generally the most consistant team throughout the whole season in the last two years. Alas, If Liverpool do not secure a third spot finish, I think Benítez will be sacked by the owners. As for Arsenal, they've lost some of their most promising players, and while they have a good squad of youngsters, immaturity, lack of discipline will once again cost them dearly. I think Wenger's time will be up by the end of the season if he doesnt win a major accolade. Alas, I can see Tottenham doing enough to break into the top four. They've certainly improved their team by a conisderable amount and while perhaps wont be able to challenge for fourth, will certainly give us a run for our money for third.

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

WILHELMSSON ALERT.

Congratulations.......  you have now become as paranoid as the rest of us  :D
account deleted by request

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:42 am

*SPOILERS FOOTBALL IS SCRIPTED**

It seems this is the season of surprises

2008-2009 Premier League Table Results

1.) Stoke City
2.) Hull City
3.) West Bromwich
4.) Fulham
5.) Bolton
6.) Sunderland
7.) Wigan Athletic FC
8.) Middlesborough
9.) New Castle United
10.) Tottenham
11.) West Ham United
12.) Manchester City
13.) Portsmouth
14.) Blackburn
15.) Aston Villa
16.) Chelsea
17.) Arsenal
---------------
18.) Liverpool
19.) Manchester United
20.) Everton

:p
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Manure
Chavs
Pool
Le Ares
Man City
Spuds
BS
Villa
Last edited by GYBS on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Mancs
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

Not very original I know , but I do think spurs massively underperformed last season and will now kick on.
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs
Man city

I was gonna but spurs above arsenal, but I last year I thought arsenal would faulter, put them 5th and then they finished above us, so I'm gonna tred carefully where they're concerned.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:01 pm

liverpool
whatever
whatever
whatever
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm

s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Chelsea
Manc
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

WILHELMSSON ALERT.

Congratulations.......  you have now become as paranoid as the rest of us  :D

:D

A few posts of his have been Wilhelmssonesque (i.e. very strange, inferring he's a WUM) - see Barry thread and 'British players', followed by keane the new Diouf, now this one.

I suspect, given that he has shown a capacity to write reasonably well - decent grammar, structure etc. , that he is some kind of WUM, as a genuine tool probably wouldn't write as well.

Though it could just be paranoia, and this guy could be a genuine idiot.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Dont know if any on here are watching the chelsea game but their formation and the players who are playing seem outstanding atm ! their midfield with Ballack, Lampard, Deco and Joe Cole (essien not playing) seems rather outstanding and portsmouth cant even put 3 passes together without a chelsea man pressuring possension out of them ! they are playing very very close to perfection so far ! bad news to any title hopefuls imo !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

If were going by the first game of the season (lol)

1. Chelsea (depressingly strong today)
2. Mancs
3. :censored:
4. Liverpool
5. Titenham
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Manutd's next 9 away games are against the top 9 of last season and i can really see them struggling early on with ronaldo out and their squad looking not as sharp as they usually do.. Arsenal played eboue in the middle of the park against WestBrom and then brought on Toure to play as a right midfielder and they really seem to lack options and experience in the middle of the park. In my opinion , if we were to win the league then this season would be our perfect chance to do that. Chelsea seem to be the team to beat and although its still very very early on, i think if we can go out and attack the smaller teams home and away and get some points from the top 4, this could quite possibly be a very close title race.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion