Other
4%

Total votes : 48

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Take into account what was expected of each manager and what resources they had
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Get that whisky headed inbred highlander off the list mate!!
I fuc'kin hate him..he will probably win it anyway! :angry:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Hodgson.....done an unbelievable job with what he's had. Baring in mind the predicament they were in this time last year.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Call me biased but I've gone with Rafa. :D  Hodgson has done well with Fulham and O'Neill had Villa looking like they might break up the top 4 for a while there but I think Rafa's deserving.  Some (hopefully not on here) will plump for Ferguson IF they win it all again but surely he's regressed as a manager in the past few months. :p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:56 pm

He has regressed as a man,hes nothing but a bitter bas'tard towards us!
The look on his face when he mentions LFC or Rafa says it all...Pure utter kunt of a man!
If he didnt obviously hate us to the core so much ya know i could respect his achievments..but he despises LFC with a passion and i love them!
the sooner he dies the better!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Hodgson

For me class act he knows limits of his team and gets the best out of them followed close 2nd to rafa of course.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:05 pm

SupitsJonF

Postby Dundalk » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Hodgson for me (but I c ant vote), considering they were nearly relegate last season and were one of the favs to go down this season. They are now looking at the Uefa cup and the have more or less had the same 11 players all season, he dosent rotate much and he plays some good football.

Cant ask for much more than that
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Dundalk wrote:he dosent rotate much and he plays some good football.

Hodgson it is then, fair play to him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Has to be Pulis.

Keeping Stoke in the Premier league is a massive achievement.  They genuinely don't have one quality player in the squad, but through discipline, team ethic, playing to his team's strength and good motivation (along with getting the fans onside to create a real intimidating atmosphere at their place) he has achieved the impossible.

I fully expect them to go down next season though :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 pm

bigmick wrote:

I didn't mean that as a dig at Rafa at all.

Simply that he dosent have a big squad and seem to use the same 11 players week in week out which in my eyes makes his achievements all the better
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bigmick wrote:

I didn't mean that as a dig at Rafa at all.

:D Nor did I mate it's OK.

In all seriousness, John has got it, Pullis. Unbelieveable that with team ethic and an innovative throw in routine you can eek out survival.

Second place I'd give to Redknapp for picking Spurs up. The disarray they were left in (2 points after 8 matches and adrift at the bottom) was incredible really, and I'm absolutely certain that they'd have gone down if they hadn't changed the manager. In third I'd have a tie between Gary Megson who has done an excellent job at Bolton on meagre resources, and Roy Hodgson.

I'd give an honourable mention to Sam Allardyce as well, took Blackburn from bottom to safety despite injuries. Silliness in his dealings with us and Rafa, but a good manager nontheless.

Rafa has done very well too as the season has gone on, but if we don't win the league that'll be three seasons without a trophy so I don't think he can seriously be considered. Hiddink also has had a major impact at Chelsea and I for one am glad he isn't staying after this season. They would very obviously have been much more serious contenders this time around if he'd been there all season. Also Wenger after losing half his team to injury and the other half in transfers has gradually put things together as he generally does. They're a long time unbeaten in the league now and into the Champions League semi's so he gets a mention, as does obviously the manager of the league leaders.

Overall though it's Pullis for me
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 pm

bigmick wrote:I'd give an honourable mention to Sam Allardyce as well, took Blackburn from bottom to safety despite injuries. Silliness in his dealings with us and Rafa, but a good manager nontheless.

You do realise Mick, that the next time the sh.it hits the fan on here it'll be - 'What do you know Mick, you're the one that wants fat Sam as manager' :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 pm

john craig wrote:
bigmick wrote:I'd give an honourable mention to Sam Allardyce as well, took Blackburn from bottom to safety despite injuries. Silliness in his dealings with us and Rafa, but a good manager nontheless.

You do realise Mick, that the next time the sh.it hits the fan on here it'll be - 'What do you know Mick, you're the one that wants fat Sam as manager' :laugh:

Indeed John  :D I've never ever said I wanted Fat Sam as our manager, but it won't matter.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 pm

bigmick wrote:
john craig wrote:

Indeed John  :D I've never ever said I wanted Fat Sam as our manager, but it won't matter.

Nope.  That's it, true colours have been shown Mick.  You want sensitive Sam in as manager and don't deny it! :laugh:

In all seriousness I can't stand the fecker, but he's a decent manager for a mid-lower table Prem club.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion