Benitez
27%
Ferguson
8%
Other
4%

Total votes : 48

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 12:25 pm

A lot of fans seem to go for Hodgson, on the other site I go on. But I'd make stronger cases for :-

- TONY PULIS. Brought Stoke up, comfortably kept them up with ugly but effective football. So he didn't get them into Europe, but Fulham have years of being in the Premiership while this was Stoke's first top flight season since the mid-80s. Their squad at the start of the season cost around £15m compared to Fulham's £40m

- HARRY REDKNAPP. Consider the position they were in and where they ended, add on reaching the Carling Cup final if you like. Last time I checked spudz' form under Redknapp was good enough to have finished 5th had they maintained the form over 38 games. Yes, they spent a load, but they also sold their two key strikers late in the window - Keane and Berbatov - and when Harry took over they had what, two points from eight games?!?

7. Fulham P38 PTS 53 (GD +5)
8. Tottenham P38 PTS 51 (GD 0)

12. Stoke P38 PTS 45 (GD -17)

I thought I read smeegel had been crowned manager of the year, wouldn't surprise me with the cup final and finishing 5th. Unfortunately the myth that the bitters work on a budget of peanuts and sawdust is almost accepted as gospel, even though their squad cost around £60m (Fellaini 1/4 of that)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 31, 2009 10:11 pm

Most of the calls here were good ones - except for fergie (what the f*ck, how much money did he spend and couldn't get many points from the top teams).

FAT sam is a brilliant manager for cr*p clubs trying to stay up - that's why I was delighted Newcastle got relegated, if they kept fatty they'd still be in the premiership but their idiot fans think they are a massive special club.

What Stoke achieved was amazing.

Redknapp did a great job, there's no way I'd give inexperienced manages like Adams,Ince,Southgate a job, get in an old school "been around the block" manager.

Moyes also did very well to get a Village team into the top 5.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion