The prems most over rated players

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Who do you reckon the most over rated players in the prem are??

I would say

Theo Walcott - All this lad has is speed. He just seems to run around like a headless chicken every time I watch him. Useless.

Given - He's what.. 33 years old? And has been playing average for Newcastle for 10 years. He has one good season at man City and suddenly he's better than Pepe Reina.

Lescott - Doesnt really need an explanation...
Fauxy

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Cant agree with Given, consistently great keeper IMO, Arsenal really should have snapped him up when he was making noises about leaving Newcastle

I agree about Walcott, he really exposed himself as an impact player last night - best running at tired legs

Michael Carrick is overrated IMO, don't have a specific reason why but he doesn't seem to control games or do anything spectacular

I think Vidic is a bit overated as well - he sh!ts himself when someone with pace runs at him
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Glen Johnson

Why in the world this guy isn't a winger ill never know, portrayed as a great all round player by the English media but in truth the guy cant defend
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Dundalk wrote:Glen Johnson

Why in the world this guy isn't a winger ill never know, portrayed as a great all round player by the English media but in truth the guy cant defend

Good shout DD.. I agree ,and I have been of this opinion for some time now ,even though I had originally thought he would be a good buy for the Reds ,I do however  still think he will prove to be a great player  but sadly not as a defender  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:03 pm

I wouldnt say glen is over rated at all... he gets quite a bit of stick about him being poor defensivly.

I actually think he isnt that bad at defending though, he just gets forward so much that its difficult for him to actually defend.

I agree that he should be a winger.. he has all the attributes needed for it.
Fauxy

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 pm

John Terry
Frank Lampard
Rio Ferdinand

Those are the ones that are over rated for me. John Terry is a dirty b@stard, Frank Lampard is a greedy horrible player, of course he is going to score a lot of goals, all he ever does is shoot and Ferdinand, well he is an english player at united, of course he is going to be hyped.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Half of our squad  :(  :blush:  :down:
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Michael Carrick was shocking tonight - he's been sh!te all season for that matter, is he actually any good?

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Half of our squad  :(  :blush:  :down:

no one even rates them mate  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:09 am

Greavesie wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Half of our squad  :(  :blush:  :down:

no one even rates them mate  :D

:D

Ok here's a few who've been talked up:

Carlton Cole. Never a £10m+ player. Midtable player. Bitters at best.

Bobby Zamora. How he's done so well this season I'll never know. Historically he's been sh!te and he shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad.

Aaron Lennon. Fast and skillful but not sturdy or productive enough to be considered anything more than decent in my book.

Nadir Belhadj. Mentioned as a possible option for us but he's too much of a headless chicken for my liking.
LFC2007

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 am

I love it, everyone else looks at other teams but there is always one who starts looking at his own players first.

Shame.  :no

John Terry
Frank Lampard
Rio Ferdinand

That is just comical. I hate those players for a number of reasons but to suggest they are overrated is crazy. How many league titles have they won between them?

My overrated players -

Berbatov - £30m in 2008, we brought Torres for £20m the previous season. Man U fans backed him over Tevez!

Fletcher - How he starts every game is beyond me.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Fletcher - How he starts every game is beyond me.

I actually think Man U are a better side with Fletcher in it, he does the dirty work in midfield

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

I love it, everyone else looks at other teams but there is always one who starts looking at his own players first.

Because this is a Liverpool forum are we not allowed say anything bad about the Liverpool players?

FWIW I think Johnston is a good player, the question was though, who do we think is overrated and I think Johnston is overrated. He is simply not a good defender and that is his job, going forward there aren't much better but his number one priority should be defending. Id have Arbeloa over him any day - a very underrated player.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Have to agree with Fletcher. If he was in Bolton's midfield nobody would even mention him. He stands out in United's midfield because of his energy levels, not becaus of his ability.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Dundalk wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Because this is a Liverpool forum are we not allowed say anything bad about the Liverpool players?

FWIW I think Johnston is a good player, the question was though, who do we think is overrated and I think Johnston is overrated. He is simply not a good defender and that is his job, going forward there aren't much better but his number one priority should be defending. Id have Arbeloa over him any day - a very underrated player.

I understand that we have some bad players but it's the fact the it's the first thought in your mind.

As for Arbeloa, I agree he was underrated, we should of kept him. He gave solid defensive displays, Johnson gives solid attacking displays. Having both would of solved the selection policy against better teams.

Saying this, Johnson is young and he will improve. I don't actually think he is that bad defensively, he is a victim of a poor team effort this season. First pick for Liverpool and England and two respectively different managers can't be wrong.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion