Is this what players think - Disgrace!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Pascal Chimbonda.

“Kevin Keegan has approached me and they’ve offered me more money. I am definitely leaving Spurs. It’s all about the money. I don’t care about the final, I don’t care about the cup.”

Is he serious or what, another Lucas Neill only worse, he is coming out and admitting it.

Unbelievable!!
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm

I can't believe some players in todays football, its a game thats becoming more and more about the money involved rather than the pride for playing for certain clubs. If I was a football player and got to a cup final, I'd love to play, not only for being in a final but for the atmosphere too.
Hebz

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 am

Makes a change from the usual "I think my career can develop more at tottenham" and the "Tottenham are a club with european ambitions" fair play to him, hes never going to play for a top 4 club so why not? at least hes honest about it !

And no not all players think like him, Torres took a pay cut to join us so its not all, just a majority !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:21 am

Dundalk wrote:Pascal Chimbonda.

“Kevin Keegan has approached me and they’ve offered me more money. I am definitely leaving Spurs. It’s all about the money. I don’t care about the final, I don’t care about the cup.”

Is he serious or what, another Lucas Neill only worse, he is coming out and admitting it.

Unbelievable!!

:no  :no

Why any club would now touch this guy with a barge pole is beyond me. We all know that a lot of the players nowadays care more about the dosh than the clubs/fans they play for but at least they have the decency not to go gobbing off about their obscene pay checks.

He's a stupid fecker anyway, who wears gloves in the middle of spring? ???
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:27 am

Must admit my jaw was on the floor when I read that the other day.

On the one hand you could call it refreshing honesty. To be honest though, I think it's just another of several money-related nails in the game's coffin. There are too many players at the top level in this country that have exactly the same philosophy, but are maybe a bit more tactful about letting such feelings be known.

If I was Keegan, I'd cut off all talks immediately and let the guy rot at Spurs.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:04 am

Source?
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:08 am

Hang on.

Right - let's look at this realistically, shall we?

Imagine you're a pro footballer (Ok, I realise that this is not in-keeping with my "look at this realistically" statement) - you're playing in a foreign league for a team you have absolutely f*ck-all feeling for, and (arguably) a similar ability team comes in and offers you a massive pay-rise for playing for them.

Now - HONESTLY - what would YOU do?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Hang on.

Right - let's look at this realistically, shall we?

Imagine you're a pro footballer (Ok, I realise that this is not in-keeping with my "look at this realistically" statement) - you're playing in a foreign league for a team you have absolutely f*ck-all feeling for, and (arguably) a similar ability team comes in and offers you a massive pay-rise for playing for them.

You have to follow the rules though Lando and say:-

1/ I have always supported team x and couldnt turn down the chance to play for them

2/ It has become impossible for me to continue working with manager x as he doesnt respect my ability

3/I have always dreamed of champions league football and believe that team x will see me achieve my dreams, even if they are currently bottom of the prem.

4/ Its not the money, I could have got more by staying

5/ I have always wanted to work with manager x and to play with player y, its nothing to do with the doubling of my wages.

Then everyone loves you  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:00 pm

You cannot blame the players, there is so much money floating about in football these days that greed just breeds greed.

Look at Lampard, he is holding out for £130K per week cos thats what Ballacks on, he is probably already on about £90K per week thats £4.68mill per year, ffs thats more than most people earn in 3 lifetimes.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:28 am

Honestly id say, "I think my career can develop more at tottenham and tottenham are a club with european ambitions"

:D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 am

Its obvious that the guy's a dick, but he's no different than the majority of players.  Its depends what their ambitions are doesn't it?  I think he's got more chance of honours at Spurs and surely honours are what a player is judged on but Shearer springs to mind.  Chimbonda however will be remembered as a money grabbing twat.

Keegan should drop him and let him rot at Spurs... just desserts.
PhiLFC

Postby RedRoots » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Fair played to him that's what i say, at least he's not a liar! If he wants to make a few more quid that's his perogative.
RedRoots

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:37 pm

can't say i'm surprised.  This guy handed in a transfer request on the final day of the 2005-06 season when he was at Wigan.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:43 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Pascal Chimbonda.

Unbelievable!!

:no  :no

Why any club would now touch this guy with a barge pole is beyond me. We all know that a lot of the players nowadays care more about the dosh than the clubs/fans they play for but at least they have the decency not to go gobbing off about their obscene pay checks.

He's a stupid fecker anyway, who wears gloves in the middle of spring? ???

It's cold compared to africa :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:18 am

Just look at his attitude when getting subbed during the Carling Cup Final... f@cking schoolboy :censored:. No Class!!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion