Cold weather players v warm weather players - And winter break

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:25 am

Looking at the teams sent out to play other the last week and the results that have come in, is there a very real case that player from warm places find it very hard to play in the cold?
Looking at the Gunners last night it was very clear that some of the players just did not want to be out there.
The same can be said for man u, could it also be a case that players that have become big name players feel that it is below them to play when the weather is like this.

I made a comment in the other thread about the snowball fight, it was great to see our players out in the snow and having a bit of fun, Man U’s would not go out for a run in the snow even when the ground had been cleared for them, it was not until the old man told them that they must that they did so.

The other day I saw the Grays team having a run over the park, Mr Dicks  was out in front and there must have been a foot of snow they were running in, ok he has put all the players up for sale.

What has changed over the years, why are so many games being called off, a lot of the grounds are ok to play on but the game are off due to the roads around the ground are said to be bad.

In 87 I was at a game that took me 6 hours to get to in the snow, it was at Norwich , the station is at the bottom of the hill and on the way back we had great fun sliding down the hill. You could not even walk up the hill with out holding on to something.

I would hate to see us have a winter break but if it means seeing more and more games called off due to a bit of snow and ice them it might be something we need to think about but don’t forget 5 years ago we had 4ft of snow in March.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion