Having other companies own the players

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Is it legal in the EPL to have other companies own the players? Somehow they did it with Tevez and Mascherano right?

This way one could set it up is just having all players owned by a separate company and if it just turns out bad one could just bankrupt that single company. Ofcourse some players and their agents would probably not be stupid and force some sort of guarantees. One could use this as a way out if the club was on it's way to go belly up or have been missmanaged earlier.

Sure it's whats wrong with the world today but is it that different then to what companies do when they start new untried projects?
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:42 pm

No it is not legal. In fact the Tevez and Mascherano scenario led the Premier League to impose sanctions on clubs who make use of players that they do not own the financial rights to. If a club does not want to "own" a player there is the loan market.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Ya that's in the Financial Fair play rules that players can't be owned by others and then lent to clubs, otherwise rich owners like Abromovich would start a private company, buy a whole lot of players and lend them all to chelsea.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 am

ethanr wrote:Ya that's in the Financial Fair play rules that players can't be owned by others and then lent to clubs, otherwise rich owners like Abromovich would start a private company, buy a whole lot of players and lend them all to chelsea.

LOL So it is allowed.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion