The least competitive league in the world

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Maciej_Zurawski » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:21 pm

Is the Premiership, by far. Sorry guys but I got sent a link to this forum and it was all spew about how boring the SPL is.

The fact is that only one team can win the Premiership whereas in the SPL the 'two horse race' has one of the horses first and the other one fifth  ???

Hope you do win the league by the way, hate Chelsea, but it ain't gonna happen.
Maciej_Zurawski

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:31 pm

in all honesty the premiership this year isnt looking any different to spain, italy germany or france. If there was no chelsea this would be the best league in the world. as it is it could still be pretty competeitive. and this is still the most exciting league i can ever dream of seeing
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maciej_Zurawski » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:in all honesty the premiership this year isnt looking any different to spain, italy germany or france. If there was no chelsea this would be the best league in the world. as it is it could still be pretty competeitive. and this is still the most exciting league i can ever dream of seeing

Whats so exciting about it when Chelsea were 1/100 to win the league with 10 games gone !?

Technically, La Liga is far better, as is Serie A.

Peoples main complaints about leagues like the SPL is that it is too predictable between Celtic and Rangers but that seems to be changing while The Premiership can only be won by one team now.
Maciej_Zurawski

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:43 pm

Yechnically italy is slightly better than us, i wouldnt say spain is. But for passion and excitement the premsiership wins hands down. The Fa cup is a great advertisement for this.

also, the chelsea thing is a bizarre blip that shouldnt happen. Its when the insane finnancial power of one russian can change the look of an entire co :censored:ries number one sport.

Chelsea now are 1/20 to win and will no doubt pi$$ the league but for excitement u dont have to look any further.

Where u from anyways? and who u support?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:48 pm

It is annoying that chelski seems to be the only team able to win the premiership. This is because they have spent so much money on "great" players. The rest of the prem can not do that, However the reason it seems to be rangers or celtic every year in the SPL is that everyone else is :censored:.

The premiership has many great teams but one really rich team. Thats why they win all the time.

The SPL is a :censored: and extremly boring league the quality of football is terrible.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maciej_Zurawski » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:55 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:It is annoying that chelski seems to be the only team able to win the premiership. This is because they have spent so much money on "great" players. The rest of the prem can not do that, However the reason it seems to be rangers or celtic every year in the SPL is that everyone else is :censored:.

The premiership has many great teams but one really rich team. Thats why they win all the time.

The SPL is a :censored: and extremly boring league the quality of football is terrible.

I would say competition is what makes a league exciting, if it was just down to quality then Italy and Spain would always have the most exciting leagues but they don't its the leagues that go down to the wire, which will never happen in England.

I'm from Scotland and support Celtic, obviously I know the Premiership has much more quality than the SPL because of a much higher population in England and stupid amo :censored:s of money given to silly little teams in tv money but.... this year the SPL is definitely more exciting than the Premiership.

And don't give Celtic too much abuse, we did beat you comfortably at Anfield the last time we played you in a competitive game...
Maciej_Zurawski

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:57 pm

SPL more exciting than premiership?
well only if u r in scotland.
i used to follow livinston a lot (well i still do) but in all honesty the SPL is just like watching the championship or division one. theres touches of good players but its basically just sunday league stuff sorry. and it may be more exciting, but even then is it really  now that celtic are kicking into gear? if u guys beat motherwell then the league is more or less over
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maciej_Zurawski » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:14 pm

dawson99 wrote:SPL more exciting than premiership?
well only if u r in scotland.
i used to follow livinston a lot (well i still do) but in all honesty the SPL is just like watching the championship or division one. theres touches of good players but its basically just sunday league stuff sorry. and it may be more exciting, but even then is it really  now that celtic are kicking into gear? if u guys beat motherwell then the league is more or less over

Well at the moment theres still a bit of doubt about who will win it which is more than I can say about the Premiership. The quality is definitely lower but to put things in perspective West Brom got around £20m from TV last year and Celtic who are surely a much bigger club albeit in a smaller pond got £1.5m. Also its much harder to attract players to play up here so its difficult to compete.

There are some good players up here though, Stillian Petrov is a great player and would get a game for every team in the Premiership outside of Chelsea and maybe Liverpool.

If we beat Hearts we are 7 ahead so it will be very comfortable but then again Hearts haven't lost at home this season yet so its far from certain.
Maciej_Zurawski

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:17 pm

ive won a lot of money off of petrov over the years. Talk of Sutton leaving today as well i believe.

Id like to see SPL teams entered into the FA cup and carling cup as well. would boost the trophies and give a little more excitement
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maciej_Zurawski » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:22 pm

dawson99 wrote:ive won a lot of money off of petrov over the years. Talk of Sutton leaving today as well i believe.

Id like to see SPL teams entered into the FA cup and carling cup as well. would boost the trophies and give a little more excitement

Yeah thats a good idea, or maybe even the FA Cup and Scottish Cup winners playing at the start of the next season something like the Charity Shield.

Sutton might leave, his fitness hasn't been the best in the last few years and hes not guaranteed a game anymore.
Maciej_Zurawski

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:09 pm

And don't give Celtic too much abuse, we did beat you comfortably at Anfield the last time we played you in a competitive game... 

True but that was under the houllier era, we are now virtually a new team
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:13 pm

Maciej_Zurawski wrote:
dawson99 wrote:ive won a lot of money off of petrov over the years. Talk of Sutton leaving today as well i believe.

Yeah thats a good idea, or maybe even the FA Cup and Scottish Cup winners playing at the start of the next season something like the Charity Shield.

Sutton might leave, his fitness hasn't been the best in the last few years and hes not guaranteed a game anymore.

I did hear about something like that actually being planned after our uefa cup tie a couple of years ago. Even better semi-finals including welsh and irish teams. The final being played in a different cou ntry each year.

Put it this way even, teams like wrexham and cardiff who are welsh play in the fa cup and carling cup, why shouldn't celtic and rangers. It would certainly spice it up a bit. After all fans of clubs such as Livi must be sick of celtic and rangers dominating the scottish trophies.

But I am glad that celtic and rangers didn't join the premiership.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:04 am

I'm running an eye over the league tables from England, Spain, Italy and Germany. And noticed that our Zurwaski mate can be right..

ENG >There are big point differences between the teams. Chelski on the top with a 11point-space. And we probably say they'll be the champions at the end.

There are 16points between 12th Charlton and 20th Sunderland.

Teams likely to relegate: Sunderland. And two of Everton,Portsmouth and Birmingham.

SPA > Barcelona and Ossasuna are in the competition for the title and Valencia follow them. (Although strong teams including RM, Atl M, Deportivo, Ath B, Real Betis have too low performances, there are a big competition on the top)

There are only 7 points between 12th A.Madrid and 20th Alaves.

Teams likely to relegate:  ??...

ITA > Juve ahead with 8points, but giants Inter, ACM and Fiorentina are big threats for them.

8 points difference between 12th Siena and 20th Treviso.

Teams likely to relegate: ??...

GER > Even Bayerns fantastic form, Hamburg and Bremen are pretentious for the title.

<<Arrrghh!  i haven't enough time for tonight, we'll continue to discuss later>>
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:23 am

-spl is better than epl...haha. good joke
-spl is mickey mouse league just like dutch, france even they are better quality than spl.
- how many world class player play in spl?
- why so many team in spl wearing a zebra ( green, blue, red) jersey including the sock.
- juve leading their nearest rival by 11 point and that happen every year.
- SPL is better ( maybe ) than finland, austria, belgium, swiss, denmark but not anywhere near to the standard of epl, la liga or serie A.
darwisigila

Postby alvin98 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:48 pm

i see only 2 teams are playing in the spl, the other 8 teams are just to make up the nos...you called this best? ???
alvin98

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion