Moyes is the best manager in the world - Wtf? lol, i'm in stitches here...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Alex G. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think he will be the sucessor to Fergie when he eventually decides to retire.

I wish it, he is the typical manager for small clubs.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby macaroon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:01 am

:help
Last edited by supersub on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macaroon

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Sabre wrote:Saying that he's the best manager in the world is a joke.

That said, I think he has done a very good job in that club, and I don't dislike him too much. He earned a bit of points too in the conmemoration of the 96 in Anfield.

i agree.

i think he is top class.

he is hardly going to win the league for everton but he beat lfc over 38 games a few years ago.

why the derision?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I think he works well at their level, not sure he'd fair any better at a bigger club than some of the other big names whose reputation was made at small clubs. The skills aren't necessarily readily transferable, the expectations are bigger as well as the budgets and what do managers like smeegel know about signing big name players let alone handling them? The biggest players he's handled are crocks bought from big clubs

And the bitters personify popular myth regards their "achievements" with "limited budgets". Yeah cause Fellaini only cost £15m, Johnson £8.6m, Yakubu £11.25m, Baines £6m, Beattie £6m, Kroldrup £5m etc. He's unearthed a few bargains like Cahill and Arteta, but if he's such a genius how come he wasted money on most of the others named and how come he can only occaisionally find these bargains. If he took over at old trafford he wouldn't have the excuse of "limited budget", injuries etc. The top managers at the top clubs generally stamp their mark on the club by bringing in their own players and getting rid of most of the current players over a few years, then we'd really find out what smeegel can do. He certainly couldn't just sit back and watch fergie's team win forever, that is assuming they continued to win which there is no guarantee of.

Winning the FA Cup would be something for the manager to boast, it is a lot more convincing than the feint praise of "done well on a limited budget". The bitters are sixth in the league with about the ninth most expensive squad. Factor in Citeh's early spending problems for a new manager, spudz poor start to the season and Newcastle being a joke and you have to ask are the bitters where they are because their manager is great or the three teams mentioned were poorly managed? But with clubs like the bitters, they get a decent manager and he could finish 17th or lower and they'd manage somehow to absolve him of blame.

I certainly wouldn't be that bothered if smeegel were next manc manager, he's nothing special and neither is the leprechaun. Good managers, yes. The very best, doubtful. Arsene Wenger is the best manager around, not much more of a budget (if at all) than villa and the bitters, comfortably finishing fourth with a Champions League semi to play. They can't compete financially with us, the mancs, Chelsea or even spudz and some other clubs, but yet they hold their own in the league and certainly compete with bigger spenders than themselves - even winning the title ahead of superior spending. smeegel spent £15m on Fellaini, what's the most Wenger has ever spent? £15.8m on Nasri? £13m on Wiltord? £12m on Arshavin? This from a manager who's won three Premiership titles, gone unbeaten in one season, and finished runners-up in the Champions League. Give the bitters or villa the same budget and they'd be talking about finishing in a Champions League place....................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Owzat wrote:I think he works well at their level, not sure he'd fair any better at a bigger club than some of the other big names whose reputation was made at small clubs. The skills aren't necessarily readily transferable, the expectations are bigger as well as the budgets and what do managers like smeegel know about signing big name players let alone handling them? The biggest players he's handled are crocks bought from big clubs

And the bitters personify popular myth regards their "achievements" with "limited budgets". Yeah cause Fellaini only cost £15m, Johnson £8.6m, Yakubu £11.25m, Baines £6m, Beattie £6m, Kroldrup £5m etc. He's unearthed a few bargains like Cahill and Arteta, but if he's such a genius how come he wasted money on most of the others named and how come he can only occaisionally find these bargains. If he took over at old trafford he wouldn't have the excuse of "limited budget", injuries etc. The top managers at the top clubs generally stamp their mark on the club by bringing in their own players and getting rid of most of the current players over a few years, then we'd really find out what smeegel can do. He certainly couldn't just sit back and watch fergie's team win forever, that is assuming they continued to win which there is no guarantee of.

Winning the FA Cup would be something for the manager to boast, it is a lot more convincing than the feint praise of "done well on a limited budget". The bitters are sixth in the league with about the ninth most expensive squad. Factor in Citeh's early spending problems for a new manager, spudz poor start to the season and Newcastle being a joke and you have to ask are the bitters where they are because their manager is great or the three teams mentioned were poorly managed? But with clubs like the bitters, they get a decent manager and he could finish 17th or lower and they'd manage somehow to absolve him of blame.

I certainly wouldn't be that bothered if smeegel were next manc manager, he's nothing special and neither is the leprechaun. Good managers, yes. The very best, doubtful. Arsene Wenger is the best manager around, not much more of a budget (if at all) than villa and the bitters, comfortably finishing fourth with a Champions League semi to play. They can't compete financially with us, the mancs, Chelsea or even spudz and some other clubs, but yet they hold their own in the league and certainly compete with bigger spenders than themselves - even winning the title ahead of superior spending. smeegel spent £15m on Fellaini, what's the most Wenger has ever spent? £15.8m on Nasri? £13m on Wiltord? £12m on Arshavin? This from a manager who's won three Premiership titles, gone unbeaten in one season, and finished runners-up in the Champions League. Give the bitters or villa the same budget and they'd be talking about finishing in a Champions League place....................

I think you are right in some areas there regarding the expensive players, but I think he suffers from players simply not wanting to go to everton and having to settle for over-priced chaff.

I'd be interested to see him at a bigger club.
Homebooby

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

:D Dear old Bill such sweet sentiments "He's my best friend in football ,and I would do anything for him "  ,"When you see him looking up with that clenched fist he's looking at me saying look where we have got to "
Absolute gems :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion