If i ruled the world... - ... or even just fifa...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 pm

...what would I do to improve football around the world? Hmmm.... Well, if I were elected to the highest seat of office in Fifa, I would make some very drastic changes which you guys are either going to love or hate.

1. I would dissolve Uefa and all of the other continental federations and bring the control of each FA from Albania to Zimbabwe under direct control of Fifa. I would then implement changes withen these federations that would require each one to consult with Fifa over even the slightest of changes.

2. I would then proceed to Index link every single professional player awaiting transfer to calculate the exact amount that he should be sold for by looking at league position and consulting an elected commitee to determine the worth of that player to his current club. Therefore, the Prem (for example) would work like this, if a player at Southampton was deamed to be worth £1m he would be worth

£5m - Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd
£4m - Everton, Liverpool
£3.5m - Middlesboro, Man City, Tottenham
£3m - 9th, 10th
£2.5m - 11th, 12th
£2m - 13th, 14th
£1.5m - Fulham, WBA
£1m - Norwich, Palcae and of course Southampton

By doing this, the top sides could not poach good players from lesser clubs for less than their worth, and in conjunction with winnings. I would also put a cap on transfers of £25m although this could be altered to coenside with inflation. I would also make any player from a club in a lower league a standard £2m subject to optional commitees, to make these players more attractive to big clubs. But in return, the buyer must either swap a player or loan back a player.

3. Transfers to clubs would consist of 3 in, 3 out and no more in the off season. The limit on loans would be lifted and in order to assure fairness, all clubs have the right to appeal for extra buys/sales if wagebills, funds, injuries and international duties become problematic. January would see a further 2 in and 2 out. Retired or released players would not count as transfers and therefore an extra "in" would be allowed for each of these. Relegated and promoted teams would be permitted 5 in and 5 out in the off season. These measures would ensure that acadamies produced more talent and clubs did not over trade.

4. "Big Brother" schemes would be encouraged. These schemes would mean that a prolific club like Arsenal would aid a poorer club like Watford by loaning out players, giving them first choice on exiting stars and also financially. This would be rewarded by giving Arsenal extra TV rights, more advertising and the resources needed to start thereown TV channel. If Watford became prolific, then they would then be obliged to do the same for another struggling club.

5. Overseas trade would work in the same domestic sense, but Leagues would have to correspond, as:

Class 1. Premiership, La Liga, Bundasleagua, Serie A
Class 2. Championship, Liga 2, Bundasleague 2, Serie B, Scotch prem, Eredivisie, La Championat, Portuguese prem, Argentine prem, brazilian prem, greece 1, turkey

top leagues from Wales, Japan, Ireland, USA, Canada, Mexico, South American countries, Russia... etc... would be the next bracket.

6. All clubs will be fined for breach of rules, regs and so on, but their fines will be linked with their annual turnover.

7. All clubs must have at the least, 8 players with nationality to that club's country  & must be played a minimum of 15 times each in the domestic league (injury permiting).

So there you go. That's my crack at the whip. I'd be a totalitarion football despot, one step away from painting the moon black and white and stiching up the crators. Most of this is'nt really feasable, but in light of Chelsea's antics, I feel something needs doing to bring back a bit of fair play because football these days just isn't cricket and I'm glad Lyon are holding out for Essien.

:buttrock  :pirate
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm

Excellent post ACE.....

Always appreciate when someone puts time and effort into a well tought out post.
Dont really agree or disagree with you on any points really, was just an enjoyable read.

However I think I would have put the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues as 'Class 1' because the quality of players (mainly youths before coming to Europe) and the quality of football is top notch. They may not be the most EXCITING of leagues, but are close to being the most TECHNICAL leagues in world football, as it is all about keeping possesion and skill on the ball......Oh yea and the odd hatchet man :laugh: .

Again, great post!!
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:32 am

Also, I would make it a finable offense for a club to pay an agent. It is up to players and players ONLY to pay for their own agents, and in the breakdown of costs for the transfer, no payments made by a club for agents expenses will be tolerated. It's about time agents were treated like indentured servants. Also, I would provide players with free um-buts men to broker sponsorship deals and endorsements.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion