Spurs vs Chavs

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Mikel kicks Parker, should have been sent off, but this referee is as blind as a bat.

Florent Malouda makes it 5.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 pm

damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 pm wrote:That wasn't a red card offense though

Making a late tackle on a player who is clear on goal without getting the ball is a straight red for me.

He would only get sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity.
Benny The Noon

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

@Twisted_Blood: Interesting fact. One of Martin Atkinson's ancestors was lookout on the Titanic.

Lol
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Absolutely disgraceful lowlife street urchins ,classless cuntz ,spineless soulless twats with velcro bum flaps .
We don't want these bastards paying tribute anyway ,I personally dont want these cuntz associated with
the 96 in any way shape or form .....Theyve just ensured  Wembley Way will be a fucking blood bath  :veryangry

Hope Barcelona embarrass the fucking life out of them ,a ritual humiliation will do nicely .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 pm wrote:That wasn't a red card offense though

Making a late tackle on a player who is clear on goal without getting the ball is a straight red for me.

He would only get sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Agree with Benny here.  Bale scored, so Cech didn't deny the opportunity, they still scored.  Not only that, but I've always felt a keeper should never been sent off for that, unless it's obvious they fouled them on purpose.  Cech clearly went for the ball and Adebayor tapped the ball past him so he could run into Cech and get him sent off.  Yakubu did the same thing against us.  Technically it's a red card, but it's stupid they punish keepers for trying to make a save, they've already got a pen.

Chelsea showing they're classless counts, but you have to imagine the players don't like seeing that *****.  They were't very good today and still won against a poor spurs side who outplayed them for large parts.  Glad it's chelsea in the final, we can beat them.  I'm never comfortable playing spurs, so I'd have to say I'm happy.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm not saying that it isn't stupid Ethan but the rules are the rules. So as far as I know, after giving the advantage, refs go back and sanction the players who made the late tackle. Shouldn't have been any different today IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm wrote:Absolutely disgraceful lowlife street urchins ,classless cuntz ,spineless soulless twats with velcro bum flaps .
We don't want these bastards paying tribute anyway ,I personally dont want these cuntz associated with
the 96 in any way shape or form .....Theyve just ensured  Wembley Way will be a fucking blood bath  :veryangry

Hope Barcelona embarrass the fucking life out of them ,a ritual humiliation will do nicely .

amen :nod

I hope we really batter them in the final.

They didn't even wear blackarm bands FFS, disrespectful tw@ts, even Torres didn't
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 pm

metalhead » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 pm wrote:Absolutely disgraceful lowlife street urchins ,classless cuntz ,spineless soulless twats with velcro bum flaps .

They didn't even wear blackarm bands FFS, disrespectful tw@ts, even Torres didn't

Apparently only the first 11 wear armbands
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Chelsea or Spurs, it didn't bother me who we get, just as long as we win the trophy, I don't mind.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 pm wrote:
metalhead » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:

Apparently only the first 11 wear armbands

ah... so Terry is a c*nt
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am wrote:I'm not saying that it isn't stupid Ethan but the rules are the rules. So as far as I know, after giving the advantage, refs go back and sanction the players who made the late tackle. Shouldn't have been any different today IMO.

Ya I get what you're saying, but I believe according the the rules because the goal was scored, the opportunity was not denied.  Adebayor didn't score, but they still got the ball in the back of the net so the opportunity wasn't lost, so there's no booking unless the foul was a bad enough foul that it deserved a booking in itself.

I could be wrong tho.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 pm

damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm wrote:I'm not saying that it isn't stupid Ethan but the rules are the rules. So as far as I know, after giving the advantage, refs go back and sanction the players who made the late tackle. Shouldn't have been any different today IMO.

It was a keeper going for the ball - it wasnt a nasty tackle, it isn't the same as an outfield player tackling late. The only thing he could of been punished for is denying a goalscoring opportunity . I think you can't see the difference.
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 pm

hardly surprised by the chelsea fans. lowlife scum. it was planned all along:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index ... s-silence/
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:45 pm

ethanr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am wrote:I'm not saying that it isn't stupid Ethan but the rules are the rules. So as far as I know, after giving the advantage, refs go back and sanction the players who made the late tackle. Shouldn't have been any different today IMO.

Ya I get what you're saying, but I believe according the the rules because the goal was scored, the opportunity was not denied.  Adebayor didn't score, but they still got the ball in the back of the net so the opportunity wasn't lost, so there's no booking unless the foul was a bad enough foul that it deserved a booking in itself.

I could be wrong tho.

That is 100% correct
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 pm

ethanr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 pm wrote:

I could be wrong tho.

I see. But I've seen a game where a player denies a goal with his hand (like Suarez against Ghana in the WC :D) but the ball goes back to the opposition immediately and they score. After they scored the player that did the handball got booked. Isn't it a similar situation like with Cech, denying a goalscoring opportunity?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion