Rooney - love or hate?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed May 19, 2004 10:47 am

What is your opinion on W.Rooney.
Personally I think hes a d!ck. Over rated, ugly & chubby.
I'd love to kick the sh!t out of him.

:D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 19, 2004 11:01 am

Rooney?
I think I've heard that name before
Is he a football player?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swiss_kopite » Wed May 19, 2004 11:05 am

i like the way he plays!
by the way: the way he's looking isn't important on the field, or do you think becks would be worse if he didn't like to dress like a model (or wear his wifes underwear??? :D  )?
swiss_kopite

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 19, 2004 11:06 am

swiss_kopite wrote:i like the way he plays!
by the way: the way he's looking isn't important on the field, or do you think becks would be worse if he didn't like to dress like a model (or wear his wifes underwear??? :D  )?

lol
:D  :D  :D
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 11:18 am

Don't like him, he's a short, white Heskey with the temprament Lee Bowyer.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed May 19, 2004 11:30 am

yeah good point about the way he looks. I don't suppose it matters really.

I think he's a cocky sh!t who needs a slapping
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 11:32 am

he reminds me of mr potato head! :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Wed May 19, 2004 11:45 am

lol, yeah me too, I hate his cheese yellow teeth, with all that money you would have thought he'd got his teeth done and stopped dressin like a scally  :D

Fat ugly b3st3rd!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 19, 2004 12:58 pm

Fat ugly arrogant little ******.

But one hell of a player and potentially world class.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:03 pm

he needs to move from the blue sh#te if he ever wants to become a better player. it's no wonder he looks like a world beater for england because he's got better players around him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 19, 2004 1:07 pm

He's a descent player with potential but that is all. If he wasn't english people wouldn't talk about him. Just like Joe Cole a few years ago, over hyped, like Beckham- a descent player but no more and only people who don't know much about football think he's a great player.

I thought England would have learnt a lesson after Gascoigne, don't hype up a player who hasn't really done anything on a consistent basis, (one good tournament doesn't make a great player- LFC fans should know that after world cup 2002)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:13 pm

Big Niall wrote:He's a descent player with potential but that is all. If he wasn't english people wouldn't talk about him. Just like Joe Cole a few years ago, over hyped, like Beckham- a descent player but no more and only people who don't know much about football think he's a great player.

I thought England would have learnt a lesson after Gascoigne, don't hype up a player who hasn't really done anything on a consistent basis, (one good tournament doesn't make a great player- LFC fans should know that after world cup 2002)

i agree. people are overhyping him. it's only recently that rooney has been a regular in the everton side. i think he has scored something like 10 goals which is hardly prolific.

everyone knows that the guy has got tremendous ability, as he has shown for england in the past. however certain people are expecting him to take the championships by storm just like owen did in france 98. this just isn't going to happen.

with the exception of turkey maybe, who has rooney played against at international level in a competitive match? he's gonna be playing against the best defenders in europe. it's a learning experience for him but i don't think the kid fears anyone.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 19, 2004 1:35 pm

He's a descent player with potential but that is all. If he wasn't english people wouldn't talk about him. Just like Joe Cole a few years ago, over hyped, like Beckham- a descent player but no more and only people who don't know much about football think he's a great player.

You will be Irish then?

Rooney is a very good player. At present he's quality. In a few years he has the ability to be world class. He has fantasic technique and good vision, he's quick, agressive, physical, explosive, skillfull and confident. He has the makings to become a world class footballer. He's 18 years old for gods sake.

As for Beckham, you're simply talking out of your ******. He's a world class player. He is a great passer, the best crosser of a ball in the world, fantastic from set pieces, naturally fit and full of stamina, has amazing work ethic, is physically strong and has brilliant technique. If you can't see he's a top player you're the one who knows nothing about football. Alex Ferguson obviously rated him before they fell out, even Arsene Wenger admitted he'd love Beckham if he could afford him, you think he knows nothing aswell??

Some of the ****** that comes out of you're mouth Naill makes me wonder if you actually know anything at all about football.

i agree. people are overhyping him. it's only recently that rooney has been a regular in the everton side. i think he has scored something like 10 goals which is hardly prolific.

everyone knows that the guy has got tremendous ability, as he has shown for england in the past. however certain people are expecting him to take the championships by storm just like owen did in france 98. this just isn't going to happen.

with the exception of turkey maybe, who has rooney played against at international level in a competitive match? he's gonna be playing against the best defenders in europe. it's a learning experience for him but i don't think the kid fears anyone.

He's 18 lad. Moyes doesn't want to burn the lad out for gods sake and have an injury prone player like Fowler or Owen is now. Thats why he's not a regular.

He will have a massive impact, he's going to be one of the worlds best in a few years if he keeps the right attitude.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Wed May 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Everton will have to sell him when they get religated next season  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed May 19, 2004 4:09 pm

oh happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion