Ricardo carvalho - 30 million euro no less.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:59 am

looks like Real Madrid are trying to strengthen their defence even more,after already signing Samuel. Carvalho is a quality defender and if Real get him their side would be almost unbeatable (on paper anyway)

Casillas
Salgado
Samuel
Carvalho
Roberto Carlos
Vieira (maybe)
Zidane
Figo
Beckham
Raul
Ronaldo

Morientes, Helguera etc etc. That is one hell of a side.

Full story below.

European champion Porto has told Real Madrid that it will sell star Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho for 30 million euros  and not a penny less.

"Real Madrid offered 10 million euros for Ricardo Carvalho, but I made a counter-offer: he will not leave FC Porto for anything less than 30 million euros," club president Jorge Pinto da Costa declared.

"As you've already certainly read, they (Real Madrid management) said they were going to wait for me to lower the price, but they can carry on waiting because I will not knock a single euro off."

Carvalho, 26, was in wonderful form in the heart of the Portugal defence at Euro 2004 and he has since said he would 'love to go to Real Madrid'. But Porto is not willing to let him leave cheaply.

Already gone from Porto's Champions League winning side is manager Jose Mourinho, now in charge of Chelsea, defender Paulo Ferreira, also to the Stamford Bridge club, and playmaker Deco, Barcelona's star signing.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion