£24 million reyes to arsenal - Wtf?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kopper » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:57 pm

The Sky Sports website reports that Aresenal have signed him. Is he worth freakin 24 mill. Im shocked!!

'The Sevilla supremo refused to be drawn on the exact transfer fee agreed with the North London titans, but admitted it was more than Real Madrid ended up paying for David Beckham.'  Sky
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:38 am

kopper wrote:The Sky Sports website reports that Aresenal have signed him. Is he worth freakin 24 mill?

No
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Wenger must be losing the plot.Either that or he is spending the Henry money in advance.They couldnt afford that sort of cash unless they have agreed to sell Henry or Viera already.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:46 pm

I hope this kid doesn't light up the premiership. Lets hope Cisse/Owen will be better than Henry/Reyes.
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:57 pm

I think Arsenal need a 20+ goals a season striker more than a talented youngster. Arsenal have gone 23 games unbeaten this league campaign, yet are only 2 points ahead of the mancs. This is because of their inability to finish off opponents, hence why I think a goalscorer would have been more use. I'm surprised to a degree they let Jeffers go, he was as close to a natural goalscorer as they had. Henry is brilliant all-round and will get 20+ a season, but perhaps could do with being a little more selfish and sit in the six yard box like rvn
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:08 pm

I believe Aresenal have watched this guy on something like 14 occasions before finally signing him so they know exatly what he is capable of and obviously believe in him to pay a large fee. As for him being a 'goal machine', with a strike partner like Henry, although he grabs most of the limelight with his goal tally, 6 assists coming from him alone give for a mouth watering partnership with Reyes(for Arsenal anyway).....Reyes is still considered 'talent' but I think he will perform well with Henry and I dont think Arsenal will have a problem finishing off opponents.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:14 pm

I thought Arsenal watched him 40 times - perhaps I misheard....... :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:17 pm

Are u serious.............showsa!
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:19 pm

The scouts obviously like it in Spain........ :p
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:24 pm

Yes, they were probably scouting for something else as well ey!
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:47 pm

Yes, they were checking out the local talent! :D
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:58 pm

hey hes worth every penny ,
he scored tonight :D

ps wrong goal though  :D  :D  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:38 pm

Didn't do much good for manure on Wednesday. Nice defensive display at old trafford btw :D
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:45 pm

i heard reports that arsenal were probably getting kluivert on the cheap for next season so it is debatable whether wonderkid will get a game or not.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:47 pm

He has been left out of the Spain squad, apparently to help him acclimatise
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion