Carrick 15 million!? - Ridiculous.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby AwiLas » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:23 pm

Carrick for 15 million.?. WTF.. They are not giving face to the best midfielder in England dude.. I mean Stevie G.. Cheers..
AwiLas

Postby puroresu » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:55 pm

mascherano is the one Fergie should of signed!!!
puroresu

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:24 pm

Mascherano looked absolutely top drawer in the World Cup, but who didn't in the Argentina midfield? He's definitely got the right stuff to make it in England, he's reasonably strong in the tackle, and the Argentine's tend to have that harder edge over a lot of other Latin players. His reading of the game and distribution is also very good, he very rarely gives the ball away and breaks up a lot of opposition attacks.

Still Veron was a great player and flopped at Manure, so it's no sure thing. Also if he were to go there Carrick and Mascherano hardly offer many goals from midfield. Although if Scholes can fire he'll score plenty from midfield, as will Rooney who tends to play a little deeper than he did for England. If Man Utd can get Carrick and another player of the quality of Mascherano they'll still be challenging IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Well forget that then. From ITV.

Mascherano can't leave now

Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano insists he has no intention of leaving Corinthians following reported interest from Manchester United.

The 22-year-old, who impressed during this summer's World Cup in Germany, has been linked with a move to Old Trafford as Sir Alex Ferguson steps up his search for a defensive midfielder.

The Red Devils boss brought in Michael Carrick on Mondy, but is still seeking reinforcements and has expressed an admiration for Milan's Gennaro Gattuso and Patrick Vieira, who has signed for Inter Milan, as well as Marcos Senna of Villarreal.

Inter Milan are also believed to be courting the South American youngster, but Mascherano is adamant he has received no offers to leave Corinthians and will not be doing so during the transfer window.

The Brazilian giants are currently languishing at the bottom of the league table and Mascherano is determined to help his club out of their current plight.

He said: "After the World Cup I returned to Corinthians and the only thing that I have in mind is to play for this team.

"I am not thinking of leaving Corinthians and in addition I don't have any proposal for leaving. I don't think it would be correct to leave Corinthians at the moment."

The former River Plate star added: "I am not thinking of any transfer now and I even wouldn't accept any transfer at this moment because Corinthians is in a difficult situation and we all need to help to get the team out of this."

For the time being Mascherano is committed to Corinthians, but he has not ruled out a departure in the future to further his career.

"If Corinthians receive in the future a good proposal and it's also interesting for me then I could maybe think of the chance to leave Corinthians but I want to make clear that that would be something in the future."
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:21 pm

puroresu wrote:mascherano is the one Fergie should of signed!!!

Should have bought Salif Diao instead. He would have got him for much less that 18.6millions  :D
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:52 am

puroresu wrote:mascherano is the one Fergie should of signed!!!

He should of but I doubt Mascherano would of left after just a season at Corinthians. If he was taken to the cleaners by Spurs for a poor man's Alonso; then can you imagine what they would of had to pay for Mascherano?  :D
48-1119859832

Postby coddy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 pm

If He needed a direct replacment for Keane then he should have signed Hamaan for say, a Million. then he can relax until at least the christmas transfer window and then pay probably £8m for Carrick when he's a bit bitterer to the taste..... (i.e. no longer flavour of the month)
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:02 pm

coddy wrote:If He needed a direct replacment for Keane then he should have signed Hamaan for say, a Million. then he can relax until at least the christmas transfer window and then pay probably £8m for Carrick when he's a bit bitterer to the taste..... (i.e. no longer flavour of the month)

Hamann? Didi would rather sign for Aldershot than United.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby coddy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:38 pm

0asis wrote:
coddy wrote:If He needed a direct replacment for Keane then he should have signed Hamaan for say, a Million. then he can relax until at least the christmas transfer window and then pay probably £8m for Carrick when he's a bit bitterer to the taste..... (i.e. no longer flavour of the month)

but then signed for Man City??? and then Bolton???
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:41 pm

coddy wrote:
0asis wrote:

Ermmm, not quite the same, mate.  Oasis has a point (for once  :p ).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby coddy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am

I do see his point. but i reckon Didi had no choice but to leave and would've gone if the price was right
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:14 am

Is it just me, but, why do many former Liverpool players head for Manchester City?? ???  :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:23 am

They dont have to move house
m.city arnt as tight with money as Bolton
Guaranteed first team football
they play more football and less charging about than bolton
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:51 pm

coddy wrote:
0asis wrote:

It was the other way around, It was Bolton and then Man City.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:52 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
coddy wrote:
0asis wrote:

Ermmm, not quite the same, mate.  Oasis has a point (for once  :p ).

I could of sworn I typed that about you?  :laugh:
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion