RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:25 pm

kazza » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pmWell on the plus side we got the two we were linked with so surely there will be more and better to come. Onwards and upwards

I think the club freezing season ticket prices is very telling, if we had 3 or 4 top players lined up you could bet your bottom dollar that they'd be hiking the price of those up.
With the stadium rebuild going on as well I don't think there will be any stellar names arriving.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:
kazza » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pmWell on the plus side we got the two we were linked with so surely there will be more and better to come. Onwards and upwards

I think the club freezing season ticket prices is very telling, if we had 3 or 4 top players lined up you could bet your bottom dollar that they'd be hiking the price of those up.
With the stadium rebuild going on as well I don't think there will be any stellar names arriving.

I read somewhere that Inter will only sell us Kovacic if we include Borini in the deal  :laugh:

So hopefully your wrong
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Has Sterling not yet left the building? Sheesh...painful, this...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Realistically what kind of money can we expect to net from offloading sterling ?.
I would think 25 tops with possibly an add on or two eventually hitting 30 mil.

This summer won't be about spending but spent trying to minimize further losses and trying to claw back what we can from the duds. If we got 25 for raheem + another 30 from deadwood sales + the 30 they usually pony up should leave a potential pot of 85 mil with worse case being 75. I doubt we will spend anything close to that and probably will return a net spend less than 20 mil with the rest covering the losses.

Our first bit of business this summer should not have been bosmans but send out a proper signal of intention by signing a marquee player. I am aware there is months to go  :nod but its the same shyte again from this lot.

With all the extra tv revenue that they got they would have some cheek to increase ticket prices  :nod Especially with the carry on that's being displayed on the pitch. Typical w@nk€ers  though announcing it like they were doing the fans a favor  :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:25 am

kazza » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:43 am wrote:
eds » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 am wrote:Couldn't agree more Red.

If this club had more ambition than what it currently does under these parasite owners I'm pretty sure Raheem would have signed the $100k a week contract put in front of him.

If we were to put ourselves in his shoes, why would you want to sign a longer deal with a club going nowhere when you could go to another club to win trophies and be paid at a higher rate.

Don't know how this "fabricated outrage" has blinded everyone into painting him to be the sole villan in this sordid saga, market conditions will always dictate what a player's salary is. If we have a problem with him earning that, why don't Manure supporters have a problem with Depay being on 120k a week next season? Or PSG supporters having a problem with Marquinhos being on $110k a week? Both are a similar age to Sterling? 

Sterling epitomises everything wrong with younger footballers today, part of a system created by absurd spiralling market conditions which seem to be the tip of the iceberg with everything wrong between the rich clubs and the rest.  :no

Had he just kept his mouth shut and played his best and not taken the offer there would not be the anger but he didn't. His play was average at best, he did an interview that was not sanctioned, his agent was talking all kind of sh1t including calling a Liverpool legend, ex team mate and local  boy a Kn0b. How are Liverpool fans supposed to react?? Shake his hand, wish him the best and understand that the team is not big enough for his awesome talent? He is like Thommo said and certainly is no victim. When your agent has authority to talk on your behalf then you have to take it on the chin when it goes pear shaped or fire him.

Oh the outrage!  My BLOOD is BOILING! 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Dry your eyes princess, Sterling is a prat and his agent is an even bigger to.sser. So what the world is full of idiots, no need to get so upset and wound up.

I'm not going to lose sleep on what an uneducated, ill informed 20yo is going to do with his life. The only thing that concerns me is that as a club we aren't even able to keep hold of our players let alone sign any quality. My whole point is that as much as Sterling is everyone's favourite punching bag, it doesn't absolve our owners, management team and Rodgers of letting this whole thing descend into a farce (yet again).

A lot of "supporters" are complaining about opening the fridge and noticing that the milk has gone off unaware that there best friend is upstairs shagging their wife.   :wwww

Some of us a clearly ponting out the obvious while others such as yourself want to have a sook about spoilt milk........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:37 am

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm wrote:Realistically what kind of money can we expect to net from offloading sterling ?.

Didn't City made an offer of 25 million plus 5 add ons? That's decent for a first offer actually, if they're willing to raise that to 35-40 million I'd be more than happy to sell.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 am

Don't worry Eds, my eyes are dry as a bone. My assessment on Sterling is cold and without emotion and I would certainly not boo him. He crossed the line and needs to go and that is best for the team,it is that simple. I don't however choose to paint him as the victim in order to have a dig at the manager and owners, I'd say it's you that is allowing your issue with the manager to dictate your position on each issue. My views are balanced  :nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:33 am

damjan193 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:37 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm wrote:Realistically what kind of money can we expect to net from offloading sterling ?.

Didn't City made an offer of 25 million plus 5 add ons? That's decent for a first offer actually, if they're willing to raise that to 35-40 million I'd be more than happy to sell.

So the media says.
Unless we get a few more clubs looking to get into a serious bidding war I doubt we will see 40 mil or the color of it. The first thing any club will do is use his situation here against us, His low wage and the fact that all he has is potential and is far from proven. I wouldn't put it past sterling to go on strike either to get his way.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 pm

kazza » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 am wrote:Don't worry Eds, my eyes are dry as a bone. My assessment on Sterling is cold and without emotion and I would certainly not boo him. He crossed the line and needs to go and that is best for the team,it is that simple. I don't however choose to paint him as the victim in order to have a dig at the manager and owners, I'd say it's you that is allowing your issue with the manager to dictate your position on each issue. My views are balanced  :nod

I'm not painting him out to be the victim, he is much of the problem as everyone else involved.

You do understand saying something like "my views are balanced" makes you look like a bit of a dill.

No one's views are balanced, they are opinions after all and they either slide to one side or the other  :laugh:

What you are really trying to say is "my opinions are right and you are wrong" which sounds just as dumb.

But hey, I wouldn't expect any less from supporters who currently defend the regime we are under.  :unclesam:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 am

eds » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 am wrote:Don't worry Eds, my eyes are dry as a bone. My assessment on Sterling is cold and without emotion and I would certainly not boo him. He crossed the line and needs to go and that is best for the team,it is that simple. I don't however choose to paint him as the victim in order to have a dig at the manager and owners, I'd say it's you that is allowing your issue with the manager to dictate your position on each issue. My views are balanced  :nod

I'm not painting him out to be the victim, he is much of the problem as everyone else involved.

You do understand saying something like "my views are balanced" makes you look like a bit of a dill.

No one's views are balanced, they are opinions after all and they either slide to one side or the other  :laugh:

What you are really trying to say is "my opinions are right and you are wrong" which sounds just as dumb.

But hey, I wouldn't expect any less from supporters who currently defend the regime we are under.  :unclesam:

:laugh:  do you ever read your old posts to see what people are responding to, it does not seem like it.  :laugh:

You talk about fabricated rage, anger and being blinded and the sort and I just said my views are balanced ie no rage, not angry, not blinded by anything.....just a cold emotionless view on the subject. Me looking like dill was just a bonus  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ollie1126 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:17 am

I think Gerrard was right regarding with his comment with Sterling that he can be like Luis Suarez and Fernando Torres. Though last season he may not able to perform well due to injury but I believe he can prove that he can be the main man of liverpool next season
SportsenStuff | Sports is my Life!
ollie1126
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 am

Sterling will never be as good as Suarez or Torres especially not in a leading striker role

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:09 pm

And so it starts  :nod

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ct-5867634?

Must say I think we are stretching it a bit looking for that amount, But hey  :;): What do I know....
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 pm wrote:And so it starts  :nod

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ct-5867634?

Must say I think we are stretching it a bit looking for that amount, But hey  :;): What do I know....

Yeah its headlines on the BBC site as well.
With him being able to buy out the last year of his contract it puts him in a very strong negotiating position. Obviously we'll say all the right things (he's not for sale etc) but I'll be astonished if he's still here in August, if he's allowed to run his contract down it would cost FSG a fortune.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Stirling staying a year and buying out his contract next summer will cost him a fortune. Millions in fact. I'm confident that won't happen.

He'll either go for 50 million or stay and do a Suarez, by signing a new deal and then leaving in 12 months time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion