RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Sterling hasn't actually achieved anything yet, he's not a gifted goalscorer or at lest not yet, he's just a flashy boll*cks out on the wing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:37 pm wrote:John Giles take on it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 16176.html?

Sterling has been in the news all week after Brendan Rodgers revealed the youngster turned down an "incredible" offer from the club.

That sparked Sterling to go on the defensive and he gave an in-depth interview to the BBC insisting that it is not about the money.

And writing in today's Herald, Giles has weighed in on the side of Sterling and has urged him not to be bullied by the club.

"There's only one way to respond to a bully and Raheem Sterling is doing just that by digging in his heels and telling Liverpool football club that he has all the power in his contract negotiation," writes Giles.

While Giles believes Sterling's BBC interview was ill-judged, he insists there is something fundamentally wrong with Liverpool's transfer policy if they can't hold on to their best players.

"There is a roadmap already in place for how to avoid the situation they are currently in. Do the opposite to what they did with Steven Gerrard.

"However, from what Sterling has said, the damage was already done while (John) Henry and the committee were talking to their captain through lawyers instead of doing the decent thing and offering him a deal to stay for another year at the club he helped keep alive over three decades.

"It was worth recalling the progress of Gerrard's decision to leave the club and his comments after he had announced he was going.

"Gerrard claimed that he would have signed a deal last summer if they had offered one. Clearly the club was playing hardball over cash and while that is fair enough, there has to be a different approach to a player of his stature."

Giles was very clear in his thoughts when Brendan Rodgers signed Mario Balotelli and the former Ireland player and manager has reemphasised the fact that the Italian should never have been brought to the club.

"Rodgers also ran into heavy weather when the club signed Mario Balotelli after he stated "categorically" that Liverpool would never sign him and now, he has been further undermined by doing the owners' bidding and heaping pressure on Sterling," added Giles.

"That is the only interpretation I can put on Rodgers recent suggestions that Sterling had turned down "an incredible offer".

"The implication was very straight forward. This is a greedy lad who has been offered a deal which he should be falling over himself to sign but has chosen to take the dark path.

"It was poor form from Rodgers. He knows well that Liverpool got Sterling for a song from QPR and while there are sell-on clauses, they could be dealing with a player who will ultimately net the club a £50m or £60m profit.

"I don't believe Sterling is one bit greedy. If I was dealing with the transfer committee at Anfield I would do exactly as he is doing."

Read John Giles' full column here

what a complete load of sh*te....

Steven Gerrard retirement and the exit of Sterling(the most over-rated 20 year old since wright phillips) will come as a blessing in disguise for next season...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 pm wrote:He did the exact same thing before he signed this current contract when he turned 18.
If I remember correctly at the time Liverpool had a policy of giving young players £20,000 a week but Raheem 'I don't care about the money' Sterling wanted double that, in the end it was reported that the club and player reached a compromise of £35,000 a week.
It went right down to the wire though and at one point it was even reported that he was on the verge of signing for City, if you remember a lot of fans around that time had a cob on with him and his form tanked for about 12 months. A lot of people wanted to sell him even back then.
He's had itchy feet almost from the moment he started to become well known. I'd sell him, you can't build a team around players like him, he's always going to have one eye on the exit door and every time we go through an bad patch he'll be on the evening news again.
Sell him now while his star is flying high and we have the ideal replacement (Ibe) waiting in the wings.
I know the prospect of selling another top talent is unpalatable to some fans but having a player with his want away attitude can crush morale in the dressing room and as United's also rans proved at Anfield last week a team where everyone is pulling in the same direction is better than a team full of big names like Falcao and DiMaria who look like their heart isn't in it.

^ this Yakka I totally agreed...as far as I'm concerned, this girl-friend beating, money seeking, loyalty-lacking prick have not done enough to warrant being the highest earner in our club.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 am

There's just no leadership in this club. Ian Ayre is an incompetent Yes-man. Rodgers does not have the mandate to really discipline the players. There is no football director. Is it any wonder...everyone is doing their own thing ? News, team-lineups, contract situations.....all of these should be kept within the club. But it is being played out in front of everyone.

I have to blame FSG in this. They want to run this club on the cheap...well this is what will happen. If they are really in it for the long-run...they got to sign a top CEO (who knows about football) and a sporting director (who will keep the manager and staff in check).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:51 am

The Echo is reporting that Carragher has ripped into Sterling in his column in the Mail.
For example he questions Sterlings statement that he would have signed at the end of last season if Liverpool would have offered him a contract, as Carragher points out at that time Sterling still had 3 years to run on his current deal and no club starts negotiations that far out.
He basically goes through the entire interview picking holes in Sterlings words.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:52 pm

£150k a week, you must be f**king joking.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 pm

On top of everything else the timing of that interview now looks awful.
To give an unsanctioned interview on national television where he questions the clubs ambition and says he is flattered to be linked with one of our domestic rivals just as our season falls apart does not look good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Little ***** should maybe put in a shift if he wants a bigger contract.He was abysmal today.  As was the lot of them.  But my point is, if you are gunning (pun intended) for a new contract, at least make it look like you care.  Even only a little bit.

f*cking fed up with this little twerp.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 pm

He was dire against Man Utd too. Either he's cash mad or he's believing his own hype. Either way, he's not a true red and he can feck off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Made a complete plum of himself today didn't he? A fitting end to the week. W@nker.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:26 pm

According to Rodgers Young Raheem was 'outstanding' today ,he really does throw that description around with little thought  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 pm wrote:

According to Rodgers Young Raheem was 'outstanding' today ,he really does throw that description around with little thought  ???

I don't really listen to his interviews anymore. He just talks a lot of mambo jumbo. If balotelli had given that performance, he would have been thrown under the bus.

I shall start it. Rodgers for England.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:26 pm wrote:

He's Fu*king full of it  :veryangry , always talks the talk but when the chips are down and it comes to actually walking the walk   :eyebrow

BTW, where the f*ck did he get that tan ?  Has he been on holiday or just down the local tanning shop ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:26 pm wrote:

Aye and we had the better chances as well  :eyebrow
He is just so full of shyte  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:54 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:26 pm wrote:

He's Fu*king full of it  :veryangry , always talks the talk but when the chips are down and it comes to actually walking the walk   :eyebrow

BTW, where the f*ck did he get that tan ?  Has he been on holiday or just down the local tanning shop ?

He got it from Phil Brown  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion