RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 am

Raheem runs well with the ball, is fast, is very strong and defends well. He has a very good engine and seems to follow the coach's instructions well. His touch is not the best, not a natural finisher and can make selfish decisions in front of goal. His good parts are very important to the team and make us stronger. His negatives will improve over time so for me we need to keep him as he will become better. Remember he was playing first team football for QPR at age fifteen and not many players have done that.

We have a young team that will only get better as long as they stay together, we could dominate for years but the team needs continuity.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

I like Stirling and think he could turn into the real deal for us in time....

But we've never been held to random by a player in the past and I can't see it happening in the future. Either he signs a new deal in the summer or he can f**k off for £50+ million. Ibe and Markovic can cover his role (although the latter needs to work on his defensive work) but I don't think we'd struggle without Stirling. 

He either wants to be a Liverpool player or he doesn't. Simple.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am

kazza » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 am wrote:Raheem runs well with the ball, is fast, is very strong and defends well. He has a very good engine and seems to follow the coach's instructions well. His touch is not the best, not a natural finisher and can make selfish decisions in front of goal. His good parts are very important to the team and make us stronger. His negatives will improve over time so for me we need to keep him as he will become better. Remember he was playing first team football for QPR at age fifteen and not many players have done that.

We have a young team that will only get better as long as they stay together, we could dominate for years but the team needs continuity.

This is exactly my position too. I understand the lets fvuk him off sentiments because nobody wants to be held to ransom, if indeed that is what the little twerp is doing. At the same time, we need continuity and he is integral to our style of play and effectiveness.
sniffy98

Postby RedAnt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 pm

If Sterling is so integral to our game then maybe it's fair for him to ask for such high wages. Let's face it... People pay money to see good players, be it Messi, Shrek or Gerrard. That money goes to the club so players are entitled to expect a cut. Not just tickets of course. There's also merchandise as others have noted. Times have changed. People work for themselves first and the company second. The Gerard's and Carra's are becoming extinct.
I'd still sell Sterling though. He's expecting 'complete player' wages and he's nowhere near that. He's a better player than what he was at QPR and he can thank our coaches for that. He's showing no loyalty. To give in to his demands would be to sell a piece of the clubs soul.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:56 pm

If he scores the winning goal against United today then give him whatever he wants !!!!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Utter gash today. At one point he missed the ball and kicked at thin air.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Don't give him the deal he wants. Sell him to man city at the end of the season. Once he loses his pace (in his mid 20s), he will be another shawn wright Philips.

He was shocking today.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 pm

If he carries on playing like this and pushing for stupid money then he can fook off to City, he can be another Tom Ince who thinks he's better than he is and can't get into the Hull team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Today was similar to the many games before where he never showed up. Only difference was he wasn't having a very public standoff with the club so it gets brushed under the carpet.
Now he has refused to take the offer the club put forward he's totally useless and should be chased out the door soon as  :help 

He had a poor game but its sad to see some of you's beating him with the money stick while the most expensive paid player in the team gets half a season holiday and has still yet to show up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:13 pm wrote:Today was similar to the many games before where he never showed up. Only difference was he wasn't having a very public standoff with the club so it gets brushed under the carpet.
Now he has refused to take the offer the club put forward he's totally useless and should be chased out the door soon as  :help 

He had a poor game but its sad to see some of you's beating him with the money stick while the most expensive paid player in the team gets half a season holiday and has still yet to show up.

What does he expect though? He turns his nose up at £100,000 a week at a time when fans are holding up banners on the Kop highlighting the issue of high ticket prices, then he has the gall to roll out that patronising old adage about wanting to concentrate on his football (the one that star names use when they want to bale out of a club that's not good enough for them) and then decides to back up his all his big talk with an insipid performance like that in a season defining game?
A top 4 place was on the line there today, you wouldn't have known it looking at Raheem, other players played shyte but at least they looked @rsed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm

He has made a rod for his own back with his greediness.
Poor performance and looks like he will be sold to the highest bidder if he carries on like this...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:13 pm wrote:Today was similar to the many games before where he never showed up. Only difference was he wasn't having a very public standoff with the club so it gets brushed under the carpet.

What does he expect though? He turns his nose up at £100,000 a week at a time when fans are holding up banners on the Kop highlighting the issue of high ticket prices, then he has the gall to roll out that patronising old adage about wanting to concentrate on his football (the one that star names use when they want to bale out of a club that's not good enough for them) and then decides to back up his all his big talk with an insipid performance like that in a season defining game?
A top 4 place was on the line there today, you wouldn't have known it looking at Raheem, other players played shyte but at least they looked @rsed.

For starters yakka he isn't the one who sets the ticket prices or will be the one increasing the price of them either.
Ive said enough in the last few pages on his situation and don't want to be repeating myself. you know where i stand on it.

Point was that he was just a shyte today as a lot of them regardless of how much he is being paid or wants to be paid. It isn't the first time he has played like that nor the last but it suits you now to hate on the lad because of his contract situation. Do you really think that LFC just rang up Sturridges agent one day out of the blue and said we are going to give danny a pay rise and he didn't use the players position to negotiate a sweet little reported 150 k. He has really justified that hasn't he ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:40 pm

f*** him off....offer him f*** all
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:04 am

I am totally fed up with these"superstars" taking the p.iss out of our club.Torres, Suarez etc. We make these players household names then they s.hit all over us. Especially the fans who pay extortionate rates for tickets, Sky, BT. I am beginning to hate this sport these days as everything is targeted to the Corporate Hospitality brigade and
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 am

We are a selling club now and this is why we generally buy players with development potential or rough diamonds
like Suarez and Balotelli, all with profit in mind.

Sterling may be next in line and who then Couthino?

Get used to it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion