RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 pm

I know i keep saying it  but he look more and more like a striker every time i see him.,
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm

lakes10 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:I know i keep saying it  but he look more and more like a striker every time i see him.,

He is the reason why we don't need Walcott. Still at his most dangerous coming from wide areas
Benny The Noon

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:I know i keep saying it  but he look more and more like a striker every time i see him.,

He is the reason why we don't need Walcott. Still at his most dangerous coming from wide areas

yes i agree for now but its not going to take much to move him as a striker. he could be one of them players that grows into a place that he did not think he could do.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:26 pm

i'd still bring in Walcott....we're crying out for creative players and we can't nail all our hopes on this young lad's shoulders...He's good, but we need more players capable of running, crossing and scoring!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Walcott is not creative!
A one trick pony with a 100k wage demand
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 pm

10 years ago walcott would be used as a striker no doubt!! along side a big guy

these days that 2 up front rarely works and he aint pysical to play lone striker sooo he has to play attacking wide right, where sadly his football brain is useless!!

would have been a great player 10 years back
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 am

i have 2 concerns, one is rogers overplaying sterling will result him to be injury prone in his later stage of career ala owen.
another concern is that sterling will not fully fulfill his overall talents like walcott.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am

Sterling wants alot of money to stay at Liverpool by the wat guys. Hence why he has turned down many contracts. He knows he is a good young kid and that many clubs will pay him alot of money to play for them or in citys case sit on their bench.

I just hope he realises what stage of his career he is at.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

He's already signed a new contract, about a month ago and it wasn't for massive money either.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:10 am

LFC1990 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 am wrote:Sterling wants alot of money to stay at Liverpool by the wat guys. Hence why he has turned down many contracts. He knows he is a good young kid and that many clubs will pay him alot of money to play for them or in citys case sit on their bench.

For me he has declined already. Not massively but I can see the pressure and responsibility is having an effect on him. I hope its just a phase and he gets back on track.
We need him more than he needs us at the moment and I hope this hasnt gone to his head...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 am wrote:Sterling wants alot of money to stay at Liverpool by the wat guys. Hence why he has turned down many contracts. He knows he is a good young kid and that many clubs will pay him alot of money to play for them or in citys case sit on their bench.

For me he has declined already. Not massively but I can see the pressure and responsibility is having an effect on him. I hope its just a phase and he gets back on track.
We need him more than he needs us at the moment and I hope this hasnt gone to his head...

I think to expect a 17yr old to be consistent in his first full season is totally unfair and unrealistic. Sterling is not a finished article and is very much still developing, his time in the youth set up can only prepare him so far. Only senior team minutes can introduce him to the variety of different player styles, team tactics and psychology that the participating in senior competitions (league, cups and europe) will make him face.

Keep playing him (whilst balancing the risk of burn out) in my opinion because the quicker he learns and develops his style and overall play, the bigger a player he becomes.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:28 pm

always been of the opinion that if you're good enough you're old enough and the kid is clearly good enough. ok it wasn't exactly ideal to throw him in at the deep end so soon but it's not as if he's not ready.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

He will of learnt loads from that everton game. He was lost and would of been sent off sooner than later had he carried on in that position. but, he's still a quality player and he'll take the experience into his game and learn from it.

he's here for a long time this lad.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:10 pm

LittleHobo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 pm wrote:10 years ago walcott would be used as a striker no doubt!! along side a big guy

these days that 2 up front rarely works and he aint pysical to play lone striker sooo he has to play attacking wide right, where sadly his football brain is useless!!

would have been a great player 10 years back

he still is a great player and i think we will start to see him take up more of a striker roll over the years.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 am wrote:For me he has declined already. Not massively but I can see the pressure and responsibility is having an effect on him. I hope its just a phase and he gets back on track.

He hasnt really declined, he is just not that good as he was hyped up to be yet. He is talented and could be a great player for us, but he is just 17 and isnt really ready to be a first team regular for a team trying to get back to the top. He was a bit unknown at the start of the season, but the defenders are very much aware of him now and how to stop him.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion