RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:40 pm

tubby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm wrote:If the owners fail to hold on to him then I think it's time to dust off the yanks out banners.

That depends on whether not Raheem wants to remain here. Say if FSG offer Raheem what he wants and Raheem decides to go off to another club how is that FSG's fault?
Boxscarf

Postby The Raven » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm wrote:
tubby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm wrote:If the owners fail to hold on to him then I think it's time to dust off the yanks out banners.

That depends on whether not Raheem wants to remain here. Say if FSG offer Raheem what he wants and Raheem decides to go off to another club how is that FSG's fault?

Someone needs blaming,

We like the player

We like the manager

Only one left is the board
The Raven

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm wrote:

Your right... so if the lad wants to stay but FSG don't stump up enough.. then I think it's fair do's to have a pop at the owners. If he wants out then we should get rid off, but there must be a way of convincing him to stay. He's only 17 yet ffs.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm

id be surprised if he wants out especially seen as rodgers has shown so much faith in him to get him where he is now.
he might get more money at city but he wont get the game time he's getting here. he's originally from london so maybe arsenal might tempt him with that but at this stage in his development the best option he has is to remain here.
players 18 and under can only sign a maximum contract of 3 years so if he has any sense he will sign and use that time to further his game and then look for the big pay on his next deal.
if he wants to go then we cant stop him and £8mil + walcott isnt a bad deal and i wonder if city would be willing to part exchange with dzeko :eyebrow .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:52 pm

tubby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:34 pm wrote:
Your right... so if the lad wants to stay but FSG don't stump up enough.. then I think it's fair do's to have a pop at the owners. If he wants out then we should get rid off, but there must be a way of convincing him to stay. He's only 17 yet ffs.

If FSG continue to show a lack of ambition than yes, it's acceptable to criticise them and question their ownership of us. However Raheem Sterling may well be falling into the trap of believing his own hype. Theo Walcott is a classic example of this with his 'I want this and I want that now' attitude which has been a real headache for Arsene Wenger. It wouldn't surprise me if his agent, family or friends have said to Raheem that he is such a good footballer that he should perhaps consider a move to another English club. Let's face it, Man City could offer Raheem much more than we can at the moment. They can offer him all the money he desires and feed his hunger for success on the pitch. Once a seed is planted into the back of someone's mind, it can well sprout and grow from a thought into a desire.

However if Raheem wants to leave for whatever reason then as long as we get a good transfer fee for him, then so be it. There's not a lot a club can do if a player wants out. I just hope Sterling will sign a contract extension and enjoy many years with us.
Boxscarf

Postby lakes10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 am

I see theers reports that we are going to offer him a 30k a week contract???
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 am

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill, where's this 'crisis' suddenly come from? Lakes, back into the garden with your gnomes.

More interesting for me is Werner's in Liverpool - lets hope this is to sign off on the january transfers and stadium progress.

Think positive lads, come on.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 am

Don't see how Sterling would want to leave.  I imagine he really likes Rodgers for straightening him out and giving him a chance.  He has to love the fans and all the support we've given him.  He won't get playing time for a club "bigger" than us.  He may get paid more, but he won't get the chance to prove that he's worth even more.  He's where he needs to be, and hopefully he and his agent are smart enough to realize that, because it will be better for both of them in the long run.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 am

lakes10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 am wrote:I see theers reports that we are going to offer him a 30k a week contract???

One frigging win and your back Lakes  :D

Agree with Ethanr as long as Liverpool are heading in the right direction he would at his age be a mug to go to club where his playing time would be limited such as Man City though Arsenal would be  a different matter
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 am

If this club has to bend over for a 17 year old then sh!ts really getting out of hand...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 am

Greavesie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 am wrote:If this club has to bend over for a 17 year old then sh!ts really getting out of hand...

The problem is he seems to have everything to be a world beater. I fully expect him to get 30k a week on a 5 year deal. The club will offer him what ever he wants
The Raven

Postby lakes10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Reg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 am wrote:Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill, where's this 'crisis' suddenly come from? Lakes, back into the garden with your gnomes.

More interesting for me is Werner's in Liverpool - lets hope this is to sign off on the january transfers and stadium progress.

Think positive lads, come on.....

er bit lost there mate, all i posted is that we offerd him 30k a week lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

The Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 am wrote:
Greavesie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 am wrote:If this club has to bend over for a 17 year old then sh!ts really getting out of hand...

The problem is he seems to have everything to be a world beater. I fully expect him to get 30k a week on a 5 year deal. The club will offer him what ever he wants

he cannot sign a 5yr deal :down:  the rules say that 18 and under the maximum contract you can sign is for 3 years.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm wrote:
The Raven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 am wrote:

he cannot sign a 5yr deal :down:  the rules say that 18 and under the maximum contract you can sign is for 3 years.

Really? thats not good. So at 21 when hes a england starter and one of the best players in the league he can leave for free?
The Raven

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm

ethanr » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 am wrote:Don't see how Sterling would want to leave.  I imagine he really likes Rodgers for straightening him out and giving him a chance.  He has to love the fans and all the support we've given him.  He won't get playing time for a club "bigger" than us.  He may get paid more, but he won't get the chance to prove that he's worth even more.  He's where he needs to be, and hopefully he and his agent are smart enough to realize that, because it will be better for both of them in the long run.

Well Scott Sinclair's career has really taken a nose dive since his arrival to Manchester City, did he not realise what had happened to Adam Johnson's career when he made the 'step up'? These young players really need to think long and hard about their careers, because someone like Raheem Sterling could well move to Man City or Chelsea and find himself stuck in the doldrums, in no man's land i.e. on the bench or left out of the squad completely.

Sinclair has made just 5 league appearances in 12 and has played 6 games for City out of a possible 18 matches, half of those have seen him come on as a substitute. He'll only stagnate being left on the fringes of the first team which is ashame and will only stunt his development. At least here Sterling will see regular first team football and will continue to develop as a player.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion