RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 am wrote:
Meanwhile Man City are supposedly monitoring the situation.

Surprise, surprise.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

sounds like he's starting for england tomorrow night  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 am

stmichael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 am wrote:sounds like he's starting for england tomorrow night  :angry:

Brilliant thanks a bunch Roy
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 am

raheem sterling‏@sterling31

In Sweden that journey has taken a hell lot out of me trainning in abit :)

We really should be looking to give him a 2 week winter break at some point. He has had far too much thrown at him over the last few months.
Eagle

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Just need to get his contract situation sorted out now and I'm sure we will. Sounds like he'll sign on his 18th birthday.

Despite our lack of direction at the top, we have re-signed Agger (who everyone thought would leave), Suarez (who many thought would be driven out) and Suso (who according to the newspapers was off to Real Madrid), all of them on long term deals.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm

laza » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 am wrote:
stmichael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 am wrote:sounds like he's starting for england tomorrow night  :angry:

Brilliant thanks a bunch Roy

Atually it's very good as the more experience he gets the better he'll become and a confidence boost from playing for England will do him the world of good as he's looked a bit off form the last few games.
heimdall

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

I can't understand why people are slating Roy for picking Sterling.  It's good for the national team AND liverpool.

The lad will mix it up with world class players and be helped along by the national coaching team...it's good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm

hopefully him and stevie will not play the full 90 and return injury free :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

i think the England cap is a good thing for Liverpool, it increases Sterlings value and fame, so if worse comes to worse we will get a good price. I just hope that mug Hodgson dosnt start playing him for England on a regular basis, hes not ready for a full club and international schedule yet.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 am

i though my heart is settled once suso signed a new contract, but the real issue now is sterling's.
coming dec when he turns 18 i really hope he signs with us.
rumors mill is that gooners going to offer walcott plus 8m for sterling. considering walcott is out of contract at the
end of the season, effectively it is just 8m for sterling. i hope rogers is smart enough to realize that.
sterling ATM is not as good as walcott but he is just 17. so that is real room for improvement. and another concern is playing him too much
as his young tender age. rogers should be more careful on him
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 am

Octsky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:26 am wrote:i though my heart is settled once suso signed a new contract, but the real issue now is sterling's.
coming dec when he turns 18 i really hope he signs with us.
rumors mill is that gooners going to offer walcott plus 8m for sterling. considering walcott is out of contract at the
end of the season, effectively it is just 8m for sterling. i hope rogers is smart enough to realize that.
sterling ATM is not as good as walcott but he is just 17. so that is real room for improvement. and another concern is playing him too much
as his young tender age. rogers should be more careful on him

Has to be said, but if we can't sign up Sterling on a professional contract, what good are we at staying competitive for the next few years.

Our owners should have already tied the kid down by now, very very concerning stuff.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 am

seen that Man City will pay the 50k
at the same time Arsenal wish to talk to him and Man U.

WELL now is time to see what our owners are made of, if they cant keep a player like this them we have problems.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 am

lakes10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am wrote:seen that Man City will pay the 50k

WELL now is time to see what our owners are made of, if they cant keep a player like this them we have problems.

Yer know what Lakes, I'm not entirely convinced that even if the owners offered Sterling £50k a week the lad would automatically commit himself to us.

I'm not sure that Sterling has any real affinity to LFC and I have an uneasy feeling that Sterlings'  "advisors" may well turn the lads head when it comes to plans for his future.

Would be a massive blow to us and our team rebuilding plan if he left, can only hope we pull out all the stops in an attempt to tie him down.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 am wrote:
lakes10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am wrote:seen that Man City will pay the 50k

Yer know what Lakes, I'm not entirely convinced that even if the owners offered Sterling £50k a week the lad would automatically commit himself to us.

I'm not sure that Sterling has any real affinity to LFC and I have an uneasy feeling that Sterlings'  "advisors" may well turn the lads head when it comes to plans for his future.

Would be a massive blow to us and our team rebuilding plan if he left, can only hope we pull out all the stops in an attempt to tie him down.

well i hope your are wrong mate but i think you might be 100% right. theres has been talk that his agent started asking for a pay rise for him as soon as he mde the first team and that his agent also spoke to other clubs to see what they would pay for him.
if we build on the result of our last game and move up the table to 5th or 6th then we will have a strong case to keep him.

the real truthhe is that he could be playing in the CL next year with Man City and has a good chance of getting a premier league medal by the time he is 20.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:51 pm

If the owners fail to hold on to him then I think it's time to dust off the yanks out banners.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion