RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 pm

One of the best players in the league IMO, at 19.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 pm wrote:One of the best players in the league IMO, at 19.

one of the best youngsters in Europe  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm

metalhead » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 pm wrote:One of the best players in the league IMO, at 19.

one of the best youngsters in Europe  :nod

I should really re-phrase that post of mine - one of the best players in the league IMO, full stop.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:47 pm

His value is going through the roof. Fantastic the way this kid is developing and putting some of his off the field nonsense behind him. BR can be given a lot of credit for the progress he is making.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:11 am

I'm calling it early, but I think we have a genuine superstar on our hands.

The way he slalomed through 3-4 spud defenders at pace and with trickery was amazing!!!

If he had finished properly it would have been goal of the season.

Keep your head down and work rate up lad, I sense something very, very special happening with this kid.

:buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:11 am

eds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 pm wrote:I'm calling it early, but I think we have a genuine superstar on our hands.

The way he slalomed through 3-4 spud defenders at pace and with trickery was amazing!!!

If he had finished properly it would have been goal of the season.

Keep your head down and work rate up lad, I sense something very, very special happening with this kid.

:buttrock

I would have been more impressed has he finished that move off with a pass to Sturridge who was wide open, that would have shown more composure. He is turning out to be quite a player though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Deserved the MOTM. His miss after he had bamboozled the whole spurs defence is criminal though... :blush:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:13 pm

I think we have to stop f*cking around with him to be perfectly honest.

Raheem should not be played through the middle. The lad is a classic wide player and should be deployed from the right wing. He has skill, pace, aggression and can see a little pass as well as defensive nouse. I genuinely think if he's left in a wide area he will develope consistency and the ability to change games on his own. His link up play is superb and he has the pace to get in behind defenders from a wide position and score and create goals.

For me, when he's in the diamond, we lack width, he lacks service and he's far to deep.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:I think we have to stop f*cking around with him to be perfectly honest.

Raheem should not be played through the middle. The lad is a classic wide player and should be deployed from the right wing. He has skill, pace, aggression and can see a little pass as well as defensive nouse. I genuinely think if he's left in a wide area he will develope consistency and the ability to change games on his own. His link up play is superb and he has the pace to get in behind defenders from a wide position and score and create goals.

For me, when he's in the diamond, we lack width, he lacks service and he's far to deep.

I agree... He is not a playmaker like a no 10. Let him do his damage from the wings. The demolition job we did against arsenal last season is with him playing wide...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am

So, I read again this morning that RM want Sterling next summer. The likes of RM and Barca are not the measure of a players success in the sport. I believe those two clubs will fall short in the coming years. When the likes of Ronaldo is fed up with what is going on there, and looks as if he want out, you know something is wrong.

Anyway, BR, the management, owners better  do everything  they can to keep hold of one our praised assets.  One way is to get into the CL every year. That' means BR will need to change tack and get back to the way we played last season.

You can't sell your best players, we have to build the squad around him
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:37 am

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:I think we have to stop f*cking around with him to be perfectly honest.

Was totally evident Yesterday against Boro. He has no Biz to play the Central position BR is massing things up.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 am

Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:32 am wrote:So, I read again this morning that RM want Sterling next summer. The likes of RM and Barca are not the measure of a players success in the sport. I believe those two clubs will fall short in the coming years. When the likes of Ronaldo is fed up with what is going on there, and looks as if he want out, you know something is wrong.

Anyway, BR, the management, owners better  do everything  they can to keep hold of one our praised assets.  One way is to get into the CL every year. That' means BR will need to change tack and get back to the way we played last season.

LFC is obviously a selling club. He will be sold
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 am

Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am wrote:So, I read again this morning that RM want Sterling next summer. The likes of RM and Barca are not the measure of a players success in the sport. I believe those two clubs will fall short in the coming years. When the likes of Ronaldo is fed up with what is going on there, and looks as if he want out, you know something is wrong.

read that one myself and it is worrying seen as he looks like the only player we have thats capable of being world class and worthy of building something around. if they sold ronaldo and got raheem that would be great business on their part. they will always be the biggest club out there because they do things right, they build winning sides generation after generation because they replace top players with top players.
they don't do what we do and pay over the odds on gambles.
im absolutely dreading the thoughts of us playing them in this form, especially at the bernabeu
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Wasnt at his best last night. Lets hope he shakes it off for Saturday
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:37 am

Raheem Sterling voted Standard Chartered Player of the Month for August

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion