RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Red Card for doing f**k all wrong, fuming here  :censored:

He was man handled by scum player Valencia  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:38 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:36 pm wrote:Red Card for doing f**k all wrong, fuming here  :censored:

He was man handled by scum player Valencia  :censored:

I honestly didn't even think that was a foul! He's got the ball! yes he was a bit high, but the intent was clearly to go in for a challenge, and Valencia attacks him. valencia correctly sent off, but that red for Sterling was a shocking call.

If Sterling was going high straight at the player, I could understand, but he was coming from the side and not going into his legs, he was going past him by the side.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Well it's a men's game after all. That's never a red. It's only a foul at best because he did get the ball. Valencia rightfully sent off.

What about Rickie though? Fantastic finish.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Just hope that's not the way the official's are going to behave in the actual WC, ref's these days think they are stars and will end up ruining it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:09 pm

That challenge will probably cost Raheem a place in the starting line up against Italy, Hodgson will be terrified of going down to 10 men in the middle of the Brazillian Rainforest against a team that keeps the ball as well as the azzurri so I reckon he'll put Sterling on the bench and go with a more experienced player who is less liable to do something rash.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 pm wrote:That challenge will probably cost Raheem a place in the starting line up against Italy, Hodgson will be terrified of going down to 10 men in the middle of the Brazillian Rainforest against a team that keeps the ball as well as the azzurri so I reckon he'll put Sterling on the bench and go with a more experienced player who is less liable to do something rash.
I think he was unlikely to start anyway. All I've seen so far and read suggests that Hodgson will play tight in the Italy game. I can see the young players like sterling being impact players for the group stage.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:09 pm wrote:That challenge will probably cost Raheem a place in the starting line up against Italy, Hodgson will be terrified of going down to 10 men in the middle of the Brazillian Rainforest against a team that keeps the ball as well as the azzurri so I reckon he'll put Sterling on the bench and go with a more experienced player who is less liable to do something rash.

Bear in mind Italy were held 1-1 last night by the mighty Luxemburg  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:12 am

I actually thought it was a bit of a stupid challenge given the context of the game and the position the player was in at the time.
Ecuador have qualified for the world cup themselves and the last thing they will want is to lose a key player to injury so close in a friendly just a week or so before the tournament starts.
It was never a sending off though but if I was Roy and Stevie I would have a little word with him and remind him indiscipline could be very costly.

I would also 100% be starting him against Italy.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Agreed. No sympathy for him what so ever, given the context of the game he should be more clever, on saying that I thought it was Valencias reaction that got them both sent off.

He also should be starting as should chainberlain if fit.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:12 pm wrote:Agreed. No sympathy for him what so ever, given the context of the game he should be more clever, on saying that I thought it was Valencias reaction that got them both sent off.

He also should be starting as should chainberlain if fit.

Yeah deffo Stu, if Valencia would have just had a passing word with Raheem I don't think the ref would have even booked him as it was difficult to see that he'd ridden over the ball in normal speed because the incident happened so fast.
At first glance the tackle looked iffy due more to the speed raheem flew in with than any issue's with the height of his foot.
But once Valencia raised his hands the Ref had no other option to send him off and with it being a friendly it was just easier to send them both off, no side could then have any complaints about a pre tournament run out turning into a hard slog because one team or another had an extra player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm

I like how Sterling kept a cool head and didn't react at Valencia. Shows a bit of maturity.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Loved the way Gerrard was straight out to walk raheem off the pitch, you could imagine him saying 'I'll walk you off and if that manc ***** starts again I'll chin the ***** '
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 am

If he's on the bench at the expense of Welbeck against Italy it's an absolute joke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 am

He should play, although Hodgeson likes his big strong runners with average brain and skill levels so I doubt he will do.

For me, Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana should all start with Rooney and Sturridge up top. Johnson shouldn't be even near the squad and Welbeck shouldn't be near the first team.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Wouldn't have Rooney starting - England looked far better v Honduras after he went off.  He's so immobile these days.

If England go two up top Italy will eat them for breakfast, they'll completely dominate the midfield with the extra man in there and Pirlo running the show.

I'd have Gerrard and Henderson central with Sterling, Barkley and Lallana/Ox ahead of them, then Sturridge up top.  Won't happen though.  Rooney will play.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion