RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:55 pm wrote:I'm not saying it is right for a man or woman to use violence or aggression towards another person, animal or someone else's belongings. I remember the big up roar surrounding Jermaine Pennant's arrival here, some fans pointed towards the fact he was wearing a tag and was known to the Police. It never bothered me, Jermaine Pennant might well be a vile scumbag off the pitch (I don't know him personally, so I cannot comment), but on the pitch he was a good little winger who was performing well for Birmingham. Who remembers the Bellamy and Riise golf club incident? Again, I couldn't care less about what happened there, it never happened on the pitch, so it was of no concern to me.

My moral compass is perfectly fine, I just hate this faux-outrage that people display all the time. It gets on my nerves, nearly as much as people who get offended and actively seek out offensive material in order to have a right to be offended. These people are an absolute menace to society. If Raheem has assaulted someone and has done so unprovoked then by all means punish him, but I can't say I care much about the story or the woman involved.

Of course you have the right not to give a sh'it what our players do off the pitch, and Im sure it can be thought of as admirable that you only care what happens on the pitch, but its not a very realistic view is it?
Our players represent us, whether we like it or not, and if they are in situations where certain people may try to take advantage of them then they are putting themselves up for hassle both on and off the pitch. Look at Gerrard with that fight in Southport. Things like that affect players games because of the intense scrutiny of the media and the police involvement. I know they are only young men who have more money than sense but these days they have to be extra careful due to social networks and phone cameras.
I personally do care what they get up to because it shows a distinct lack of respect, irresponsibility and stupidity if they keep getting involved with cranks and wierdos and it will eventually transfer to their performances on the pitch.
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

looked jaded at the weekend which is understandable. he's been overplayed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah he looks like he has been running on empty recently. Desperately needs to be given some time off by Rodgers.
Eagle

Postby Octsky » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 am

ya he was totally overplayed. i dont see why we cant give him a rest when we are 1 or 2 goals up.
another concern is he may not sign a new contract.
the temptation is big if the 2 big mancs clubs come knocking.
if come dec sterling refuse to sign a new contract, that will be 18 mths of under 21 football for him.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Octsky » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 am wrote:ya he was totally overplayed. i dont see why we cant give him a rest when we are 1 or 2 goals up.
if come dec sterling refuse to sign a new contract, that will be 18 mths of under 21 football for him.

that contract situation is concerning and not only because other clubs pay higher wages but because his advisors may be telling him it`s going to be years before liverpool are in a position to be genuine title / CL challengers again.
his advisors could be telling him that fsg arent interested in getting to the very top of the game, they could be saying to raheem that fsg are just another arsenal type board who just want to milk the fans so why waste your career there? who knows what he`s being told.
gerrard almost had his head turned and he is a local lad and life long liverpool fan plus we were a top 4 side back then, only a last minute change of heart kept him at the club, if gerrard can almost go then it`s not beyond the realms of possibility that raheem can leave too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

i think the situation is his contract is up in february but he can't sign till after saturday when he turns 18 and then is free to sign for another 3 maximum.
i also dont think money is the real stalling point and its probably down to him wanting assurances that he wont be taking a step back if we sign sturridge or walcott.
he has done extremely well for us at such a young age and has done all thats asked of him and if we want to improve him then he needs to be getting steady football in order to progress.
if he thinks his gametime will be limited because the manager brings in his own players then he could walk.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:14 pm wrote:
Octsky » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 am wrote:ya he was totally overplayed. i dont see why we cant give him a rest when we are 1 or 2 goals up.

that contract situation is concerning and not only because other clubs pay higher wages but because his advisors may be telling him it`s going to be years before liverpool are in a position to be genuine title / CL challengers again.
his advisors could be telling him that fsg arent interested in getting to the very top of the game, they could be saying to raheem that fsg are just another arsenal type board who just want to milk the fans so why waste your career there? who knows what he`s being told.
gerrard almost had his head turned and he is a local lad and life long liverpool fan plus we were a top 4 side back then, only a last minute change of heart kept him at the club, if gerrard can almost go then it`s not beyond the realms of possibility that raheem can leave too.

More likely his 'advisors' are looking at the money. He is only 17 so even if he did sign a 5 year deal he would have plenty of time to get PL experience and then move on 'if' we aren't going anywhere. If he wants to leave then thats a different story but if he went to City or utd, how much game time would he get, would he play enough to be winning anything in the next 2-3 years. He has his whole career ahead of him and plenty of time to make the millions footballers make these days, you cannot have it all at 17. If we are offering him £30K per week, thats £1.5m per year, not bad at 17 is it and if he really cements his place and becomes at top player with us then the deal will be renegotiated.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:34 pm wrote:i think the situation is his contract is up in february but he can't sign till after saturday when he turns 18 and then is free to sign for another 3 maximum.
i also dont think money is the real stalling point and its probably down to him wanting assurances that he wont be taking a step back if we sign sturridge or walcott.
he has done extremely well for us at such a young age and has done all thats asked of him and if we want to improve him then he needs to be getting steady football in order to progress.
if he thinks his gametime will be limited because the manager brings in his own players then he could walk.

i cant see that being the case mate, surely modern players are aware that if you play for any big club then there is going to be competition for places. if he goes to city, united or chelsea the situation would be even worse.
i think it`s about money and where his career would be going if he decided to stay (would he be playing in the CL regularly, winning trophy`s, getting picked for england etc).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 pm

He needs a good kick up the hole, told to sign the contract, or he goes back to the creche....
Who the hell does he think he is ? He hasn't proven anything yet. I blame the agents......bloodsucking leeches.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:34 pm wrote:i think the situation is his contract is up in february but he can't sign till after saturday when he turns 18 and then is free to sign for another 3 maximum.

i cant see that being the case mate, surely modern players are aware that if you play for any big club then there is going to be competition for places. if he goes to city, united or chelsea the situation would be even worse.
i think it`s about money and where his career would be going if he decided to stay (would he be playing in the CL regularly, winning trophy`s, getting picked for england etc).

he's only just turning 18 so im sure he realises he is going to have competition for a regular starting spot. the problem is that if rodgers brings in his own people then he will play them ahead of sterling everytime because he needs to justify them.
he didnt have a career last year and is just beginning to make one now so i dont think he's naive enough to be demanding CL football and trophys along with being an england regular.
id think he'd settle for an assurance that he will still be played and if he deserves to start then he will, rather than leave for an extra 20k. if he signs now then he can look for another deal with better conditions in 18 mths when he's more established and if he's a success then he will be the one holding all the chips and in a position to demand.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm wrote:He needs a good kick up the hole, told to sign the contract, or he goes back to the creche....
Who the hell does he think he is ? He hasn't proven anything yet. I blame the agents......bloodsucking leeches.....

sums it up when we were the second highest payers to agents in the premier league last year.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm

stmichael » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm wrote:He needs a good kick up the hole, told to sign the contract, or he goes back to the creche....

sums it up when we were the second highest payers to agents in the premier league last year.

apparently that is down to a lot of our big name players signing new contracts in a short space of time (agger, suarez, skrtel etc)
any time a new contract is signed their agents get a piece of the pie.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mkingdom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Not sure of the relevance to what's going on, but his twitter account seems to have been closed.

I don't remember him tweeting anything in appropriate, so maybe he has been getting abuse from some folks "urging" him to sign.  I really hope not.

I think and hope he will sign a new contract shortly after his birthday, as to lose him now would be a crime.  We've done so much with and for him to get him to the first team, to hand him over to a competitor would be disgraceful.

This would be Ince multiplied by about a million!  :veryangry
mkingdom

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Hes a young pup with a real swagger and soon jumped ship from QPR to come here and
could easy do the same again if we wont pay him as much a another club.

Reality it is this could easy go either way and its hard to convice these kids you have
helpded them as they are usually c0ck sure enough to be certain its all about them.

Sterling may have his head screwed on but its not just about him with these blood
sucking agents looking to cash in and a young lad that could easy be swayed in another
direction.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 pm

If Raheem does leave, it will be a damning verdict on the policy of Fenway Sports Group.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion