Rafa bemused by fergie's message

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:27 pm

Rafa bemused by Fergie's message
15-Jun-2005 | ©football365

Rafael Benitez has revealed that he received a "tactical evaluation" of his Liverpool side's route to European glory by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Spaniard led the Reds to Champions League success with a victory over AC Milan on penalties last month, matching the achievement of Ferguson in 1999.

The Anfield boss received congratulatory messages from colleagues around the world, but seemed slightly bemused by the Scot's own contribution to the plaudits.

"I received congratulations from people all over England and Spain," Benitez told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"Ferguson sent me a very strange one with a tactical evaluation - on his personalised paper - of Liverpool's performance in the whole competition, and particularly the final."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:35 pm

The tactical evaluation bit sounds to me almost like a teacher marking the students work. I bet rafa wasn't expecting a letter from him in the post.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:47 pm

he should reply with a tactical evaluation of ManU's season

something along these lines: "you were :censored:, so you won f*ck all"

:D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:54 am

... this prooves the guy is loosing it big time.. :D did theyl et him outta his straight jacket.... to jot down his moments of inspiration... and then dose him up and put him bak to bed ... :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Fortunately, I received a transcript of this letter which Fergie apparantly sent to Rafa. I've had to translate it but I think it's readable now!

Dear Rafa,

Congratulations on winning the cup and all that... I have one or two tactical tips for you.

1) You need to chew more gum!.... like I do

2) You need to swear and rant at the 4th Official..... like I do

3) You need to get desperate more and throw every attacking player you have up front and hope it works.... like I do

4) Where were the pre-match mind games? Hello!

5) I didn't see you timing the game or waving your watch at the ref asking for 8 mins of time added on... like I do

6) You look too calm and collected.... try drinking 8 gallons of Whiskey a week and you'll soon get a lovely Red face like mine, also being sponsored by Red Nose Day helps too.

er...

7) Oh, I've not heard any stories about kicking football boots, throwing pizzas... no players came out with cuts...etc... What the hell? Your players should fear you Rafa. Forget understanding and passion... scare the little B**tards!

8) Oh and finally you could have ...er... y'know...er... waited until the 89th minute before making your comeback. We did it and it was all planned for the Drama. We totally knew that we would win it in the last min as they had "Give away 2 sloppy goals at the end" written all over them. We weren't lucky... WE WEREN'T!!!!

Hugs and Kisses

Fergie

PS: Can I come and see the trophy? I'll be Dead before I get to see us win it 5 times.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:36 pm

That's a good post St. Michael.

:D :D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:54 pm

football356

Dear Rafa,

Well done you jammy bloody b***ard.

No, really I mean that. Really, really well done. I'd say 'congratulations' but it's too difficult to make myself understood through gritted teeth. Come to think of it, it's just too difficult to make myself understood.

No, really well done. Or at least Milan were.

Let me just say that one more time in case you don't believe me - well done you lucky thieving b***ards.

There was nothing I wanted more than to see you cheat, sorry Rafa of course I mean 'beat' AC Milan. I had a drink straight after the final whistle and, to be honest, I haven't stopped drinking since...

I think that sums up exactly how I feel about your 'victory'.

(Sorry, by the way, about the red wine stain).

Anyway, Rafa, because I'm a knight of the realm and because I have half a bottle to finish before Cathy wants me in bed, I thought I'd treat you to my tactical analysis of each of your Champions League matches...

15-Sep-04   H Monaco W 2-0
Verdict: Youse were lucky.

28-Sep-04 A Olympiakos L 0-1
Verdict: A fair result.

19-Oct-04 H Deportivo D 0-0
Verdict. More than youse deserved. Lucky.

03-Nov-04 A Deportivo W 1-0
Verdict: Youse only won with an own goal so that doesnae count.

23-Nov-04 A Monaco L 0-1
Verdict: Result reflected the play. Except youse were lucky to get nil.

08-Dec-04 H Olympiakos W 3-1
Verdict: Youse lucky b***ards. That Gerrard goal was a mis-hit (he's rubbish, BTW, but I'll  take him off your hands because I like you).

22-Feb-05 H Bayer Leverkusen W 3-1
Verdict: Youse were lucky there.

09-Mar-05 A Bayer Leverkusen W 3-1
Verdict: Youse were very lucky there.

05-Apr-05 H Juventus W 2-1
Verdict: Youse lost the second half 1-0. Lucky.

13-Apr-05 A Juventus D 0-0
Verdict: Who are Juventus anyway? I've never heard of them. Who have they ever played?

27-Apr-05 A Chelsea D 0-0
Verdict: We would have beaten them.

03-May-05 H Chelsea W 1-0 (1-0)
Verdict: Youse were lucky. That Luis Garcia 'goal' was like the one at OT from that Mendes  chap - not over the line.

My memory of the final is a wee bit blurry but I do know that youse were lucky.

You'd never see the great Manchester United winning a Champions League final after being outplayed by the opposition and making a sneaky comeback.

But you're only Liverpool, so I suppose youse have different standards to us. Did I mention  that we've won the Premiership eight times? And with the referees conspiring against us (not like youse lot - when was the last time anyone got a penalty at Anfield?).

I also noticed that all your goals came from set-pieces. The only one that didn't was a mis-hit. So that doesnae count.

There's no way my Manchester United would win a Champions League final in such an undignified manner against superior opposition. No way at all.

I also liked your canny trick of starting with Harry Kewell. Aye, clever that. He's not your player so you thought you'd demonstrate on the biggest stage of all what a complete waste of money he was. Youse a f***ing genius, Rafa.

I bet Gerard Houllier feels stupid for signing him now. I said as much at the time.

I hope I've been some help - and remember, I'll take that boy Gerrard off your hands in  exchange for Kleberson. He's a World Cup winner, you know...

Sir Alex Ferguson (you can call me Sir Alex)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:30 am

Ferguson probably feels that as Milan only scored 2 goals against them over 180 mins that Manu did better.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:01 pm

check out the scum's new pitch :D

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:03 am

stmichael wrote:check out the scum's new pitch :D

thats great!  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion