Fergie shaking in his boots?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Im sure the Mancs will get a good lol out of that article.  :(
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

neil wrote:I actually just had a poke around redcafe and theres a large thread just on Rawk posts :D  a thread about a LFC forum, not players, manager or club but a forum.

they are so obsessed with RAWK in redcafe, I think they are jealous :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 pm

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:36 pm

aCe' wrote:seriously ?

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Well I wouldn't rule out such a conspiracy theory, it is a little odd I think that Fergie is after certain players we show an interest in and like Ethanr/Prentice say - the Phil Jones one doesn't make too much sense.

ManU can't compete with the likes of Citeh and Chelsea in the transfer market, not really. Instead the old geriatric git who  surely is due a retirement soon, sees his old nemesis wade in through the doors down at the other end of the East Lancs. Dalglish has come to spoil his party plans and Fergie is worried so I wouldn't rule out anything with that old g.it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 pm

jaysus, imagine the power he'll command in football being a Lord whilst still a manager! This is absolutely outrageous!! What the feck do these things mean?! A football manager becoming a lord? Do me a fcking favour!!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 am

Greavesie wrote:jaysus, imagine the power he'll command in football being a Lord whilst still a manager! This is absolutely outrageous!! What the feck do these things mean?! A football manager becoming a lord? Do me a fcking favour!!

That p!sses me off... He's a disrespectful manager who cheaply wins the league, get's knighted and they want him to be a lord? Are you fecking kidding me?  Dalglish has done so much for Hillsoborough and he's not even  a Sir yet.. that's just bull :censored:.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Well I wouldn't rule out such a conspiracy theory, it is a little odd I think that Fergie is after certain players we show an interest in and like Ethanr/Prentice say - the Phil Jones one doesn't make too much sense.

ManU can't compete with the likes of Citeh and Chelsea in the transfer market, not really. Instead the old geriatric git who  surely is due a retirement soon, sees his old nemesis wade in through the doors down at the other end of the East Lancs. Dalglish has come to spoil his party plans and Fergie is worried so I wouldn't rule out anything with that old g.it.

Kenny are we actually agreeing?  :p
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 am

ethanr wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Well I wouldn't rule out such a conspiracy theory, it is a little odd I think that Fergie is after certain players we show an interest in and like Ethanr/Prentice say - the Phil Jones one doesn't make too much sense.

Put it this way, I wouldn't nonchalantly dismiss the idea like others have.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
ethanr wrote:

And I appreciate that.
ethanr

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Lets be realistic, united haven't had much money to spend over the last couple of seasons.
If they do have a decent amount this summer do you seriously think they would waste it on players that we want just to sabotage our plans ?

I think its FAR more likely, like others have said, that they are in for similar players because they are good players and due to the english quota requirements.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Lets be realistic, united haven't had much money to spend over the last couple of seasons.
If they do have a decent amount this summer do you seriously think they would waste it on players that we want just to sabotage our plans ?

I think its FAR more likely, like others have said, that they are in for similar players because they are good players and due to the english quota requirements.

Well it is kind of funny how we were looking at Young and in swept Fergie, then we looked at Jones and in swept Fergie and guess what now it seems they have an interest in Adam too.

Either we've got the same scouting team as them or it's sheer coincidence. Didn't we inquire about Vidic too before he went to the Mancs? and ended up with Skertel instead.

It just seems to me, that any player we are looking at so to is Fergie, I do find that a tad suspicious.

I understand that many teams go for the same players but it's usually more mixed, either we're tussling with Arsenal to sign someone and then say Spurs for someone else. But ManUre with this consistency? I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to bid for other teams' potential players on the premise they firstly like the look of him and secondly to piss off their arch-rivals.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm

over on redcafe, they have thousands of pages all about Rawk and Liverpool.  Possibly the saddest thing ive ever seen. :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:05 pm

It almost seems fergie is just acting interested on any player any big team is trying to sign... Chelsea and city are interested in Sanchez.  Oh wait, so are we!!! says fergie..  Now chelsea bid for Modric.... Oh we're interested too! cries fergie...

With the new financial fair play rules coming into affect fergie b!tch has found another way to manipulate the game.. he acts interested in all the big signings by the competing clubs so that they have to pay more, and in turn buy less players in the long run or don't qualify for Europe.

I'm not even saying that he's gonna be wasting his money on the players, but he will be acting interested in them so that everybody else has to pay more.
ethanr

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 pm

ethanr wrote:It almost seems fergie is just acting interested on any player any big team is trying to sign... Chelsea and city are interested in Sanchez.  Oh wait, so are we!!! says fergie..  Now chelsea bid for Modric.... Oh we're interested too! cries fergie...

With the new financial fair play rules coming into affect fergie b!tch has found another way to manipulate the game.. he acts interested in all the big signings by the competing clubs so that they have to pay more, and in turn buy less players in the long run or don't qualify for Europe.

I'm not even saying that he's gonna be wasting his money on the players, but he will be acting interested in them so that everybody else has to pay more.

I wouldnt put it past him showing false interest in a player to drive up the price or make negotiations harder for us.
Adam being a prime example.
But the Jones and Young transfers are ones that most clubs would want so i dont think for one minute he wanted them because they were our targets.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion