Fergie shaking in his boots?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 am

Lately it seems that fergie has come under a lot of pressure.  I look at what has been going on lately at man u and it's hard to say things are settled. 

Fergie's transer targets are strangely similar to ours.  Now why is that strange? Because we are not going after the best players in the world, we are going after the players that fit into OUR squad.  Not man u's squad, OUR squad.  Jordan Henderson, Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Charlie Adam- to name a few.  Sure, obviously we aren't going after De Gea because we already have one of the best keepers in the world.  I doubt we are gong after Sanchez either, but their desire to bring Sanchez to OT requires an explanation it itself.  Man u already have Valencia, who is very highly rated by fergie.  They also have Nani, who was one of their best players last season.  Why do you need both Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez if you already have Valencia and Nani?  You don't.  Sure, both Sanchez and Young can play attacking CM and man u do need a CM, but they don't need both of them and if you are honest, Young definitely does not fit into the man u squad as a CM.

Recently, and strangely, I read an article on soccernet (usually only has good work) about how Nani was a poison to man u.  It was all about how his negativity was affecting the club as a whole.  Nani is a negative person who whines and complains at everything, but he didn't bring the club down as a whole.  In fact that's how just about everybody involved with man u act, so he fits right in.  He scored a decent amount of goals and had more assists than anybody in the premier league.  He was their third best player this season behind VDS and Vidic, and without him there's no way they would have won the title.  After that Carra tackle and Nani started crying, acted as if he were out for the season and returned a week later, a lot of people (not man u fans) lost respect for him (How they had any in the first place I still don't understand).  He strangely didn't start in the CL final, and I can understand playing Park because he plays well in those games, but Nani is a much better player than Valencia.  Man u fans were some how blaming Nani for the loss because he was tricked out of his boots by Messi that ended in Villa scoring a great goal.  How a  one-sided game like that would have turned out any differently, I don't understand the reasoning.. But that's what you get with man u fans.  Anybody to hand the blame to as long as it's not one of the golden boys.  Well Fergie has taken this "blame" and ridden it.  All the sudden he acts as if the CL final was Nani's fault, like he could have made such an impact.  If he could have made such an impact, then why the hell didn't you start him you dumb feck?

Anyway, back to the transfers.  Charlie Adam would be good for them because they need a CM and he could be a real asset, but fergie wants to appear like he does not want to buy Adam for 2 reasons, both relating to pride.  First off, he doesn't want to appaear to be chasing Liverpool and Dalglish's transfer targets.  Liverpool were the ones who really showed the interest in Adam for a long time, and Kenny fully jumped in on that.  Fergie wasn't the one who saw for some time before the window that Charlie Adam was a talent. It was obvious he was doing good, but until we showed interest in him nobody was thinking of signing him.  Second, fergie likes to act like he wasn't interested in signing him from the beginning and to jump in now would completely dismantle the fact that he has claimed man u are "too good" for  Charlie Adam.

When you look at Jordan Henderson, again, he's a winger. Sure he can play CM, but he's not good enough to play Cm for man u or Liverpool right now, he's a winger and that's that.  He was bought to play on the wing, so now fergie has 2 talented wingers, will buy 2 more, all 4 are young, and buy Henderson?  How can he possibly justify that?  He can't.

Ashley Young, as mentioned before, is a winger that's probably not as good as the 2 they already have (I think he's better than Valencia but for some reason fergie really highly rates him).  Where does he fit in if they are going after Sanchez as well?  Where does he fit in at all?  he doesn't fit the type of player they need at CM.  Yes he can play attacking CM, but he plays more like a striker.  He's got a cross, but he's not the greatest passer from the center.  He's no Alonso or Gerrard, he's no Scholes or Giggs, He's probably about a good a passer as Anderson from the center.  THe reason he excelled on Villa was because he mostly played on the wing.  When he played in the center, most the goals he scored were pens and he stopped getting assists.  We were planning on using him to his strength, as a winger.  Why would one of the best clubs in the world like man u buy a player like Young to play him in a position that isn't even his strongest? it makes no sense.

Alexis Sanchez is a talent, but brining high profile players from Italy to England is always a risk.  Yes I'm fully aware you guys could give me a list of players to successfully make it from the Italian leauge to the prem, but that's not the point.  It's still a risk because of the amount of money involved.  City have already said they will pay 30 for him, so man u would have to at least match that if not offer more, plus a fat salary to make him happy that he turned down 250k/week at city.  He's a very expensive player and he plays a position they don't exactly need.  Like Young he can play as an ACM, but why spend so much money on a player to play a position that isn't his strongest?

Phil Jones was a stupid buy.  I don't think I have to explain why, but I'll just do so quickly.  They bought a CB.  They arguably have the best CB pairing in the prem.  They have very young players such as Smalling and O'Shea as back up CB's, and Vidic still has quite a few years in him.  They did not need another young CB.  By the time he could really get his chance he will be 26 years old and his growth will have been stunted by stubborn fergie who only send players on loans to clubs that say really good things about him.  He paid 20 million for a player who won't bee good enough to break into the starting 11 for another 5 or 6 years, and in that time he will most likely have grown tired of waiting and leave like we have seen many players do already from man u.

So to let's put this all together.  Why is he going after so many targets that we are, even tho it makes no sense? Because fergie is scared Sh!tless.  He saw what Dalglish was able to do in a very short period of time with a very average squad that was also plagued with injuries.  He sees the players that Dalglish wants and knows how much better our squad will be and he will do anything to stop us from doing that.  He's trying to buy players we want, and he probably won't even use them.  He's trying to push up the value on players we want by saying things like "His corners are worth 10million alone" (On Adam).  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even want Young, but he wants Young to say he wants to go to man u, drag the transfer out thru the summer, pull out and have the damage done enough where Liverpool feel he was too comitted to going to man u that we don't want him anymore, or that we sign second class players instead of him.  Fergie has all these stupid mind games that he plays and he tries to beat people with tactics that have nothing to do with football.
I don't even know if he thinks he can sign Sanchez.  He wants man u fans to think he TRIED to sign Sanchez, that way when their season goes to Sh!t next season, he feels he can justifiably say he tried and did everything in his power to make things right even tho he couldn't sign him.  When man u don't win league next season, and possibly finish lower than they have in a long time, the fans are going to start turning on him for not doing his part.  Fergie is so scared of next season that we're going to see some crazy things from him this summer.

Call me crazy, but fergie has lost his touch.  He isn't the best manager anymore, he just manipulates everything and everybody to get his way.  He is terrified of Kenny Dalglish because Kenny Dalglish is a great manager at a club that is unlike any other in the world.  Liverpool are full of passion and support and we don't turn our back on the club no matter what.  Fergie fears so much for what could happen when things go wrong that he's letting it get to his head.  Maybe it's just his old age catching up and he's going senile... Dalglish is such a respectable manager.  he says all the right things and the right times and that's we why will thrive under him.  Fergie is the most disrespectful manager the prem has seen in a very long time, how he was knighted I don't understand.  Fergie's best known quote is about knocking Liverpool off their "Fecking perch."  Well that should really just sum up the disrespectful person he is to start, but he doesn't want to lose that.  Anybody but Liverpool.  He's ridden this train for a long time and can see man u's time is quickly ending, and he knows it will be Liverpool to overtake them.  He wants to get what he can out of it, win as many titles as possible, then jump out before we start dominating again.

For the first time in years fergie feels he has to justify his actions, and he is in a very uncomfortable position.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 am

Good points there but I don't see Ferdinand lasting a whole season an I see Evans probably gutter down the pecking order than Jones now so Jones is really backup for Vidic and Smalling. Fergie is probably anticipating Vidic will leave in the next dew years so from his perspective he is covered.

Shame they got de gea and young too though. I was hoping they would be too skint to spend any largish sum of money but these lot will probably delay their eventual decline. :D

Seriously though with the old class of 92 breaking up I think we will see what they are really made of. Giggs can't have too long left in the tank and ratface and scholes have gone.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 am

Always cheers me up to see Whiskey has no logical internal replacement. Change is the worst possible thing for a football club so his leaving will be the beginning of a new, mediocre period. Can't come soon enough.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 am

I think predictions of the demise of the filth are a bit premature. Look at last season - they were there for the taking only nobody had the bottle or consistency to rise to the challenge. There's an innate fear when teams play against them (on the part of most teams anyway). They had and have many mediocre, inconsistent players yet they still won the PL and got to the CL final.
I can't see them being a whole lot 'weaker' next season, not am I convinced that others vying for the title will make that leap to start to challenge for the title. The Chavs don't seem to have any deep-rooted longer-term plan other than buying the most expensive players money can buy in the hope it will result in a league title (ditching the manager is just one sign of that); Citeh...well, ditching Dzeko (allegedly) after 6 months is a sign they have the same - ahem! - "strategy" as the Chavs; Arsenal will most likely lose key players; Spudz - not convinced they'll be there or thereabouts next season....
Which leaves us.....and I'm not convinced by our signings and targets alike...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am

The answer is NO.  Not yet anyways.  last 2 years we finished 7th and 6th in the league while they got their 19th title.  Im sure we've probably come onto his radar a bit more over the last 6 months but I doubt he is shaking in his boots.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:21 am

Is this prentice's article from last weeks echo rehashed ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 pm

At the end of the day, they won the league again and we finished sixth.  We've got the bigger share of work to do and I'd rather focus on our rebuilding than sit around rubbing our hands together with excitement that the whiskey-nosed ba.stard might be losing the plot.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but we've got a long way to go before we can be in a position to the reap the benefits if United slip off the proverbial perch.  Discussions like this just strike me as a tad pathetic given our respective fortunes in recent years.  Don't get me wrong, I love Kenny and am thrilled he's back at the helm but I think it's rather unlikely that he's got Fergie running scared at this point.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Unfortunalty not true, Fergie is still a top manager who has done it time and time again.  He keeps reinventing the team and look at how many Premierships they have won.  So what he is looking at wanting players that we want, that just means for the first time in years we are in a position where we can get the top players, nothing to do withold whiskey nose losing the plot!!

Phil Jones is needed at ManU, Rio is always injured and Vidic is always getting sent off (especially when they are playing us).  The cover is :censored:, would you want John O Shea, really?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maximus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Bad Bob wrote:At the end of the day, they won the league again and we finished sixth.  We've got the bigger share of work to do and I'd rather focus on our rebuilding than sit around rubbing our hands together with excitement that the whiskey-nosed ba.stard might be losing the plot.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but we've got a long way to go before we can be in a position to the reap the benefits if United slip off the proverbial perch.  Discussions like this just strike me as a tad pathetic given our respective fortunes in recent years.  Don't get me wrong, I love Kenny and am thrilled he's back at the helm but I think it's rather unlikely that he's got Fergie running scared at this point.

THIS!! ^^ 

Ole Whiskey nose has just won their 19th league title and got them to a champions league final again, and you are talking about Fergie quaking in his boots?? do me a favour!!

Lets concentrate on what we are trying to achieve instead of concentrating on something that might be happening elsewhere.

And I thought the term was bitter blues  :no
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:47 pm

another germ related thread, shall we just all plod along to redcafe?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 pm

neil wrote:another germ related thread, shall we just all plod along to redcafe?

We are starting to get a small club mentality feel the amount we post about other teams sh!t lately
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:46 pm

When did I say anything about us overtaking them next season? Anywhere? Quote please?  All I said was that fergie is trying to ride out his luck at man u as long as he possibly can.  He wanted to win the 19th and overtake us and he clearly believes he can win more before he retires.  Certain players he's "Going after" tho? Really? They make no sense.  Ashley Young does not make sense to me at all.  Nani leaving and being replaced by Ashley Young? That makes your team worse... as much as I hate the little kunt he was one of the best players at man u last season.

Fergie is clearly scared of Kenny.  Also I didn't say anything about us sitting around watching man u fall apart... ???   Considering this was based around transfer targets we are going after.. Where the hell are you guys getting this from?  Putting words in my mouth like mad over here?

Also never said he's not a good manager, but he's nowhere near the manager he used to be and anybody who denies the fact that the reason they win so many points is because he manipulates the game is lying to themselves.

I'm not saying fergie's scared that next season we will win, but he wants to ride man u as long as he can and get as far ahead as he can.  He's a prideful ignorant b@stard who wants to claim he single-handidly took Liverpool apart and made man u the best.  He's going to jump out before Liverpool start winning titles again so that he can take even more credit for being a great manager.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Bad Bob wrote:At the end of the day, they won the league again and we finished sixth.  We've got the bigger share of work to do and I'd rather focus on our rebuilding than sit around rubbing our hands together with excitement that the whiskey-nosed ba.stard might be losing the plot.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but we've got a long way to go before we can be in a position to the reap the benefits if United slip off the proverbial perch.  Discussions like this just strike me as a tad pathetic given our respective fortunes in recent years.  Don't get me wrong, I love Kenny and am thrilled he's back at the helm but I think it's rather unlikely that he's got Fergie running scared at this point.

There is definitely something about Kenny that rubs old bacon face up the wrong way - I reckon he's worried.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:
neil wrote:another germ related thread, shall we just all plod along to redcafe?

We are starting to get a small club mentality feel the amount we post about other teams sh!t lately

:nod

It's like a Newcastle supporter saying we were out to deliberately mess them up by buying Carroll, bidding for Enrique, racing them to get Nzogbia's signature and starting rumours about signing Joey Barton! :D

Sorry, I just can't see the logic in suggesting that what we are trying to do in the transfer market has any significant bearing on United's transfer policy.  What?  They're going to go out and buy up a bunch of players they don't need just to screw over rivals in the midst of a significant rebuilding phase?  Wouldn't they be more likely to be concerned with thwarting Chelsea and City's transfers if they were looking to play spoiler?  More likely they are just looking to add strength in depth and create more competition for places.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby neil » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:46 pm

I actually just had a poke around redcafe and theres a large thread just on Rawk posts :D  a thread about a LFC forum, not players, manager or club but a forum.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion