Other scores / results - Significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:44 pm

RedBen wrote:Woohoo Fellaini :D

that geezer looks like that fella off gym class heroes group :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am

Anyone see fat Frank's goal against Hull last night, there is no way he meant that, it was a chipped cross to the far post. I can't believe some of these so called football pumdits on the radio this morning calling it the goal of the season, Bentley's was better.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Fabregas were absolutely right...Spurs really find it hard to beat a bunch of Arsenal ladies they only managed to drew 4-4 :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Anyone see the Berbatov move that led to the Mancs second goal? While they made a meal of it on M.O.T.D. it was a clever piece of skill, and made a goal out of nothing.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:37 pm

s@int wrote:Anyone see the Berbatov move that led to the Mancs second goal? While they made a meal of it on M.O.T.D. it was a clever piece of skill, and made a goal out of nothing.

yup i saw it. it was really nice. defender didnt see it coming. but no one made such a media fuss when Babel did it to vidic. but when Berba does it, its a big media frenzy  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Boocity wrote:Anyone see fat Frank's goal against Hull last night, there is no way he meant that, it was a chipped cross to the far post. I can't believe some of these so called football pumdits on the radio this morning calling it the goal of the season, Bentley's was better.

Go to disagree with this one.

I thought he meant it and it was the best goal scored that night in the Premiership that night including Bentleys against Arsenal IMO
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:49 pm

must agree dundalk - cracking finish .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm

As much as i hate the look of him he is playing some unbelievable football this season and is scoring in almost every game.

Credit were credit is due (But we kept him nice and quiet) :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:53 am

That's chelsea for you , play beautiful football against small teams but when teams go at them like we did and manure and attack their fullbacks and don't give the team space , they run out of steam and ideas .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:30 am

It may not come near the top of his immediate to-do list but don't be surprised if you see the new leader of the free world on the terraces at Upton Park some time in the future.

The new U.S. President could visit Upton Park again.

That's because West Ham United have offered President-elect Barack Obama an open invitation to the Boleyn ground after his historic election victory this week.

Senator Obama is already a fan after being taken to a match by family members in 2003, but now the east London club have sent him a message of congratulation and an invitation to renew acquaintances with the Hammers on his first visit to Britain.

Of course, with the current financial meltdown and two wars ongoing, taking in West Ham v Wigan may be etched near the bottom of his immediate priority list.

But that hasn't deterred the Hammers, who told PA Sport: "We are delighted that Barack Obama has an association with West Ham and are sending him our congratulations and an invitation to attend a match whenever he is in Britain."

Obama is well known in the States for his liking for "soccer" - his older daughter Malia, 10, is a regular for a girls' team in Chicago.

Obama's half sister Auma lives in England, and it is was she who introduced him to the wonders of West Ham.

A source from his presidential campaign said back in January: "Obama is a big sports nut and loves his soccer. He never really followed it, though, until he was told all about the passion of West Ham fans by some of his English relatives. He's always keen to find out how his adopted club are getting on."

West Ham's American defender Jonathan Spector, who is from Obama's home state Illinois, said he would love to host a visit from the new president.

Spector said: "From a personal perspective it certainly would be something special to welcome him to West Ham."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Ar.se paly the Mancs tomorrow - points will be dropped here by them so should be interesting weekend.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd

Nasri.

Come on Arsenal!!!
Last edited by dward on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Arsenal leading 1-0.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh dear the scum losing 2 nil now lol :D
shakey

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Well well, the mancs lose points against "the big 4" again. Good result for us I reckon, as the mancs have a tendency to always win against the smaller teams, whereas Arsenal will probably lose more points against physical opponents from midtable. Only gutting thing about the result was, that I decided to remove Nasri from my fantasy team before the game while keeping Christina in there :( :D

Anyway, let's hope we can capitalise on this result and get a comfortable win later today.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion