Other scores/results - 2010/11 - Significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:21 pm

All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Greavesie wrote:Image

:wwww

Love it.

Also loved how after manure equalized, half the chelsea fans left.  That's exactly when you don't leave... The game has gotten crazy exciting.

Manure didn't deserve the draw there at all imo.  2 very soft pens is the usual from webb of manchester.  Why they still let him ref the big manure games I don't know, because manure wins almost every one of them, usually be a soft pen or webb's failure to send one of their players off.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:34 pm

ethanr wrote:Also loved how after manure equalized, half the chelsea fans left. 

Don't know if it was "half" but what else you expect from Chelsea, plastic flags on seats , plastic fans heading for the exit.  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 pm

andy_g wrote:excellent game of football though, had a bit of everything. after newcastle had won, and chelsea were looking good for 3 points i was getting a bit bothered - but the united mancs have that incredible never say die spirit and their favourite referee that gets them out of a hole. a draw in that game is the ideal result really.

torres around the pitch is looking like a good player and the cross for matas amazing volley was an absolute beaut. in front of goal though he's like a píssed spasmo.

apart from the cross mate, I thought Torres was poo, lost the ball a lot, couldn't get anywhere near the goal and bottled it with his only chance of the game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:15 pm

metalhead wrote:
andy_g wrote:excellent game of football though, had a bit of everything. after newcastle had won, and chelsea were looking good for 3 points i was getting a bit bothered - but the united mancs have that incredible never say die spirit and their favourite referee that gets them out of a hole. a draw in that game is the ideal result really.

torres around the pitch is looking like a good player and the cross for matas amazing volley was an absolute beaut. in front of goal though he's like a píssed spasmo.

apart from the cross mate, I thought Torres was poo, lost the ball a lot, couldn't get anywhere near the goal and bottled it with his only chance of the game

Finally almost felt sorry for the fella. I almost wanted him to score, I think in years to come looking back he'll reckon leaving LFC was the biggest mistake he ever made.

In his shoes, right now, I'd be looking to head home (in his case Spain) and look to La Liga in an attempt to salvage what's left of his reputation/career.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:40 pm

I think generally this season Torres has been stiffled by both Chelsea's style of play and Drogbas presence in the team. I'm sure if he got himself out of there back to Spain he would find his form quick enough. I suspect AVB will get the chop in the summer and in will come a new manager who will build the side around Torres, to his strengths. Then again with FFP kicking I don't know how much they will actually be able to spend so Torres could well depart. Worth a cheeky punt if he does. Do I feel sorry for him? Feck no. He made his bed now it's time for him to lay in it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 pm

thought Torres was actually really decent with the ball at his feet and taking people on, looked a bit like his old self.  He just kept hanging on to the ball way too long and losing it.

This is laughable tho... fergie is b!tching (of course) that the linesman didn't flag a foul against Cahill that he says should have been red, even tho that's clearly webb's call.  Funny... he knows he can't blame webb as webb gave manure that match :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:26 pm

tubby wrote:I think generally this season Torres has been stiffled by both Chelsea's style of play and Drogbas presence in the team. I'm sure if he got himself out of there back to Spain he would find his form quick enough. I suspect AVB will get the chop in the summer and in will come a new manager who will build the side around Torres, to his strengths. Then again with FFP kicking I don't know how much they will actually be able to spend so Torres could well depart. Worth a cheeky punt if he does. Do I feel sorry for him? Feck no. He made his bed now it's time for him to lay in it.

we can't blame Drogba, he hasn't been there for a fair few games now  :D

I dunno what the hells wrong, his confidence is definitely shot though, there's times when he would shoot but now he takes far too long and loses it or looks for a pass. The rest of the team know this as well, look at the celebration and pats on the back he was getting for the assist, you'd have thought he scored the goal

Has more yellow cards than goals for Chelsea. Has more goals against Chelsea than for. Silly t0sser should never have left

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby eds » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:46 pm

My heart sank a little watching that inept idiot Webb give Manure's 2nd penalty.

From any angle it was a clear dive by Welbeck and Webb being only a few metres away should have seen this.

He is either the worst referee in the league or the most corrupt one.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 am

Howard Webb:

In Man Uniteds last 9 games he has awarded them 8 penalties.

And Babel got in trouble for calling bias towards him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Howard Webb:

In Man Uniteds last 9 games he has awarded them 8 penalties.

And Babel got in trouble for calling bias towards him.

Thats a joke! 

I can't believe nobody has looked into this yet.  He's been doing them favours for years.  We might have even had a small chance at winning the league a year or two back had he not given United that soft pen against Spurs when they were 2 down.

Shouldn't be let ref United games.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm

yet Martin Atkinson isn't allowed, Fergie runs the joint

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

sooner Fergie  feks off this mortal coil the better. despise the scottish fuk-tard.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:57 pm

City lose at Swansea.  Female lines...er...man makes a great difficult call on what could have been a City equalizer.  Correct decision, Mancini's comments should be interesting.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 am

got to hand it to wenger.not many would have given them a chance of 4th but look at them now.
14pts ahead of us now and the chavs 10.the worst of it all is that spurs are within catching distance by both teams and they could very well miss out altogether.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion