Old firm in england - Rangers & celtic dominated for 20 years.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Old firm in england - Rangers & celtic dominated for 20 years.

The Old Firm should join from the conference like everyone else.
17%
The EPL should be expanded and guarantee Old Firm's place despite poor results.
3%
No way. That's why they're Scottish.
53%
What's the Old Firm?
No votes
Rangers only.
No votes
Celtic only.
6%
Can we swap them for Man U & Chelsea?
22%

Total votes : 36

Postby who_am_i_88 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:20 pm

but if they do start from the bottom and have to work their way up, wouldnt their top stars want to leave to go and play in bigger leagues? i think that would be the case which would mean that the stars that were once at celtic/rangers, would have been replaced by mediocre players compared to them. This would mean that both celtic and rangers may find it really difficult to promote themselves to higher divisions imo
who_am_i_88

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:24 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:dont want the pair of em. their songs are full of religious and political undertones, all rule brittania and rebel songs and not to my knowledge about ordinary glasweigans supporting their local team like scouser tommy etc. their huge fan bases are down to religious reasons and thats why they are so well supported in ireland.
liverpool used to have sectarian problems but thankfully we grew up but celtic and rangers coming into town might stir up a few of the old die hards. i worry about celtic playing in london especially the east end, i can see half of those "no surrender to the ira" mob relishing the chance to have a crack at them. no, the prem works just fine without them.

:bowdown  :bowdown Well said mate well bloody said, we dont want them here the prems hard enough, without having to treck all that way to bloody Glasgow and we have football songs not :censored: religious ones.
This game against Glentorian on the 12th of july is going to be interesting to say the least, there will be :censored: murder.
Leave them where they are they are happy with the 2 horse race leave them at it.
Ive got no time for religious biggots f@ck king billy I could'nt give a sh.it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:30 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Ive got no time for religious biggots f@ck king billy I could'nt give a sh.it.

aaah Cigs gotta love ya :D   that's the biggest contardictory sentence i've read since......      well i dunno, a day or 2 ago :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 pm

who_am_i_88 wrote:but if they do start from the bottom and have to work their way up, wouldnt their top stars want to leave to go and play in bigger leagues? i think that would be the case which would mean that the stars that were once at celtic/rangers, would have been replaced by mediocre players compared to them. This would mean that both celtic and rangers may find it really difficult to promote themselves to higher divisions imo

i dont agree mate, they`d soon be up because they`re way to big to stay down. celtic have basically the entire population of eire behind them, what other club has basically a whole country supporting them? if celtic were in the prem i`m convinced a lot of irish fella`s who support english clubs would jump onto the celtic bandwagon.
nope, the two glasgow giants fans fanaticism is built on religious bigotry and in my eyes the old firm games are just irish derby`s played away from home.
in england there are plenty of historic clubs like preston and burnley who helped give the game to the world and other clubs like sheffield wednesday who take 30,000 to games two divisions down from the top flight who are more deserving than a couple of clubs stuck in a timewarp (remember all that not signing a catholic :censored:)

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 am

no they should not be allowed to enter, england and scotland are seperate countries, and then theres the crowd thing to dodgy no way.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 am

no way the should never be let it they are not english teams why should they? if we do that then spain can let porto and benfica into la liga . its just not right they are 2 different countries
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:00 pm

They are Scottish, u English..That's all.

Then we can get (for example) Bosnia-Herzigova teams in our league :D
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:19 am

No way howzay! :no

Why in the poll does it say start at the Conference? :bump

There's about 7 other (regional) divisions below that which they wouldn't fit into either!  :upside:

There's lots of more deserving Clubs outside the Prem in English football which have been fighting for years which deserve their chance in the big time!

As for Welsh clubs, play them and they sing (maybe even racist)anti English songs! :sniffle

If they hate the English so much why don't they go and play in the league of Wales!

Who'd want two more Clubs in the English League still stuck in the 19th century? :no
PrestonLaaa

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:29 pm

dont want the pair of em. their songs are full of religious and political undertones, all rule brittania and rebel songs and not to my knowledge about ordinary glasweigans supporting their local team like scouser tommy etc. their huge fan bases are down to religious reasons and thats why they are so well supported in ireland.
liverpool used to have sectarian problems but thankfully we grew up but celtic and rangers coming into town might stir up a few of the old die hards. i worry about celtic playing in london especially the east end, i can see half of those "no surrender to the ira" mob relishing the chance to have a crack at them. no, the prem works just fine without them.

agreed.  I think this is the major factor why the FA won't allow them in, they just don't want the hastle.  Why bring in two teams who, when not obsessed with their own contrived importance, are going on about sectarian b0llocks!  Religious hatred is something that the English game has got rid of and until these two sets of fans learn to grow up, they will be staying out of our game.

Besides, even if they were in the Premier, they would stuggle to qualify for Europe, let alone win anything.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:49 pm

There scotish not english, honestly if they want to join do what AFC wimbledon did, start AFC celtic and move south of the border and start from the very bottom. There is no way we should put them straight in the prem.

I agree with the people who are saying about the religious divide and political divide betweeen the two, were trying to rid the prem of Racism do we want to add the problem of sectarianism and that form of hatred.

We managed to reduse that in english football years ago
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:49 pm

I think Rangers would look ridiculous playing in the English prem.  How ironic would it be to have the rangers fans singing 'rule britania' when they're playing against english teams.  It would be a joke, makes a mockery of the whole thing
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:36 am

If they came to England then wouldn't that kill the SPL?  there goes its two biggest teams and money makers.  They should stay in Scotland and help build that league up.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:42 pm

I'm not against the prospect of all the British leagues coming together one day. Now days, everywhere has an airport and everyone has a plane (I have three in my shed of course and one for the weekend alone  :D  ), so travelling for the teams is easier, although the fans would find it more difficult (but prices are ok for some destinations these days and coaches/trains could still be used for the majority of games. But I don't like the idea of the Glasgow clubs just waltzing into the Prem or even the Championship, unless we made the Prem 22 and did away with the league cup.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:59 am

looprevil wrote:If they came to England then wouldn't that kill the SPL?  there goes its two biggest teams and money makers.  They should stay in Scotland and help build that league up.

Thats where you're wrong.  The old firm suck the money AND talent out of the Scottish game, that league would be far better off without them.  Other teams would get more of a crack at Europe also.  It'll never happen though
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:39 pm

john craig wrote:
looprevil wrote:If they came to England then wouldn't that kill the SPL?  there goes its two biggest teams and money makers.  They should stay in Scotland and help build that league up.

Thats where you're wrong.  The old firm suck the money AND talent out of the Scottish game, that league would be far better off without them.  Other teams would get more of a crack at Europe also.  It'll never happen though

do you honestly think any half decent player would stay in scotland if the old firm weren`t there john?
at least players like larsen and barry ferguson hung around up there for a while. the old firm is the flagship of scottish football and without them the scottish prem would just be a provincial league like wales.
do you think scottish kids growing up would rush to support motherwell or east fife if the big two were in england?
personally i dont think they would and in fact if you knew what religion the kids were you`d almost certainly know what team they`d support - thats why i dont want the old firm in england.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion