Newcastle bought by the Saudi Public Investment Fund

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Newcastle bought by the Saudi PIF. It will take a few years for them to be a threat so we really need to win some titles in the next three years as we will find it hard to compete with all that money, especially with Klopp leaving. City, Chelsea, (probably ManUre despite their debt) and now Newcastle will be able to outspend every other team. They bought the team for 300million which will at some point be worth 3billion, good investment for them, thankfully they did not buy Manure. Another team that will turn FIFA Fair Play into a joke. I bet you some serious bribes were paid out to get this deal done….disappointed with the premier league.

Proof positive that money washes away everything.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they chased Salah
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:19 am

Apparently a representative of this sovereign wealth fund thingy has come out and said Newcastle will 100% win the title but realistically it will probably take 5+ years to do it. The Saudi's make the likes of Abramovitch and the crew who own City look like paupers.
I suppose the only crumb of comfort is as Kazza mentions they have been sniffing around United for years so at least they didn't buy them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:14 pm

To win it and be consistent challengers they will need more than just cash-ask  City about Hughes and Pelligrini and Utd about van Gaal, Mourinho and Solkjaer.

with Klopp, Pep and Tuchel out of bounds (it seems) they are going to have to wait a long while before they win anything of note.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:17 pm

They passed all the tests so they must be legit enough to get the sale finalised with the backing of the league.

The Newcastle fans must be over the moon after finally getting rid of Ashley.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:52 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:17 pm wrote:They passed all the tests so they must be legit enough to get the sale finalised with the backing of the league.

They were pirating premier league matches as a response to their fallout with Qatar, which has the PL rights for the Middle East with BEIN Sports. They called their pirate version BEOUT  Sports :laugh: and this is indisputable, so when you say they passed all the tests and must be legit then we would have to assume that the “tests” means fat bribes to the PL hierarchy. How could an entity that pirated PL matches on a governmental level suddenly by fit to buy a PL club when the deal was rejected last year for that.

Stinks of corruption.
Last edited by kazza on Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:47 pm

They probably just wanted a new castle but ended up buying a football club instead :D

Jokes aside, this isn't good for us or the Premier League as a whole, the last thing we need is another abomination like Man City. These will inflate the entire market even further and everyone will suffer for it, especially the smaller clubs who'll have almost zero chance to get into any European spots, except for that new Inter Toto kind of competition, whatever it's called.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:40 am

It's not good for governance reasons. Sadly there are many political and human rights issues in Saudi that raising their sporting profile will help disguise however the only positive is that it creates another potential galactico team that keeps the EPL at the top of the tree and encourages yet more support and investment in key growing markets like China, the US , keeping Italy, Spain and German football a large step behind us.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:11 pm

kazza wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:17 pm wrote:They passed all the tests so they must be legit enough to get the sale finalised with the backing of the league.

They were pirating premier league matches as a response to their fallout with Qatar, which has the PL rights for the Middle East with BEIN Sports. They called their pirate version BEOUT  Sports :laugh: and this is indisputable, so when you say they passed all the tests and must be legit then we would have to assume that the “tests” means fat bribes to the PL hierarchy. How could an entity that pirated PL matches on a governmental level suddenly by fit to buy a PL club when the deal was rejected last year for that.

Stinks of corruption.

I really have to work on my sarcasm mate.  :laugh:

It's totally corrupt Kazza. I agree that there was surely something greasing hands for the deal to go through. I thought it was being held up over assurances as to how much control the Saudi government had in PIF.

Either way everyone knows it's corrupt but the official line is they passed the tests required to purchase the club which they did. Whatever we think is just speculation.

This is well worth a watch if anyone has a bit of free time on their hands.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/9 ... l-football
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:43 am

Leicesters manager being strongly linked to Newcastle. I'm guessing the Saudi owners have factored out success in Europe ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:57 pm

So another club to become a powerhouse, it will take time with Newcastle but they will eventually get there. Who would have thought that one day we will see a potential title race between City and Newcastle. At the moment they will need to avoid relegation and attract "money grabber" players, once the ship has settled then I think they will go big on transfers.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:42 am

It would be ideal for them to get relegated and then we can see who will come to play for them? Has beens most likely

No one of note I reckon ..all top players want to play in the Champions league .. nor would any decent manager want to come.
People seem to think assembling a group of superstars will ensure success- without the manager to gel them all together they won't win the PL.

It would be great to see the Saudi Prince visiting when they play Hull City away  :laugh:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm

I see Bruce has gone, got a £7m pay off apparently, wonder who they'll go for next? Both Brendan and Gerrard have been linked with the job, might be one of those 2.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:58 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10208989/Premier-League-chairman-Gary-Hoffman-brink-stepping-down.html

Moved on to a nice Swiss bank account full of cash, don’t be sad for him. It was his shot and he took it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:26 am

They have done really well to climb up the table since new management. In a few years time get ready for these lot to battle it out with the other oil pumped club.

In 2022 they are 2nd in the table as far as form is concerned.

1-Liverpool FC--13--11--2--0--35
2-Newcastle-----15--10--2--3--32

Full table -- https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:51 pm

I was hoping they'd get relegated and get delayed for an year or two at least before they're on the big stage, but they've done everything right since they got bought. They might be able to compete for the top spots as soon as next season.

Hopefully, with Chelsea's situation, they'll just switch places with eachother and keep the status quo at least, cause we really don't need any more money pumped giants in this league.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion