Hyypiä will move soon, perhaps udinese - Is the target.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:35 pm

Hyypia will benefit from the arrival of Boumsong who has pace.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:25 pm

He might also benefit from not having Biscan one side of him and Traore the other........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:26 pm

I heard Zak Whitebread is supposed to be good, do you know

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:30 pm

I have heard rave reviews of a number of young reserves - Whitbread, Mellor, Otsemboor, Partridge........... but none have turned reserve performances into regular first team appearances. :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:31 pm

What do you think of Yobo?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:41 pm

I try not to, what with his previous..... He's African isn't he? Never rated them defensively, even the best ones are average. Remember Rigobert Song? I was amazed we nearly got our money back when we sold him
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:42 pm

Were do you think we need strengthing the most and what players do you suggest for those positions?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:48 pm

We have decent quality at the back with Dudek, Kirkland, Henchoz, Hyypia, Riise, Finnan and Carragher, but we do need cover for the centre-backs as has been pretty obvious this season. Traore may yet make it as a centre-back but not as a left-back. Vignal looked ok and maybe deserves another go. If I was going to play Biscan anywhere it would be at right-back

We have some good players in midfield but need more creativity. Kewell, Murphy, Gerrard, Diouf, and Hamann are good players but we need more diversity. Kewell should not be playing up front, we need him on the left. We have too many players who are cr@p/ average or not experienced enough in midfield

For me the major problem is creating goals and scoring them. Owen is our class up front and Baros is not bad but could do with a run in the side. Heskey is cr@p and Pongolle is a bit young. We need someone like Anelka to bang in goals alongside Owen or when Owen is out.

We can't hope to challenge for the title with just Owen scoring goals and a midfield which is lacking quality and variety in depth. On paper, our best side is as good as Arsenal, manu and Chelski but on the pitch it falls well short
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:51 pm

So you didn't answer my question on which specif positions we need to strengthen and what players you would like to fill those positions.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:53 pm

Owzat wrote:For me the major problem is creating goals and scoring them. Owen is our class up front and Baros is not bad but could do with a run in the side. Heskey is cr@p and Pongolle is a bit young. We need someone like Anelka to bang in goals alongside Owen or when Owen is out.

Yes I did. Maybe you should read my posts more carefully instead of posting every 20 seconds
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:54 pm

So you think we need cover for centre back, who do you suggest?

And a striker. Who?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:59 pm

I don't know who is currently available but we won't know until we bid for them......... Anelka should have stayed, I doubt we'll lure a big name Spanish or Italian league striker here but we need someone. Owen is not a one man show and the rest are not good enough. I don't know why Henchoz is out of favour but we do need someone, too late for Woodgate and there aren't many not tied to top teams. Upson is good, maybe we could make a £7.5m+ bid for him.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:02 pm

What do you think of Boumsong coming and partering Hyypia, it is more or less done.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion