Former liverpool target - Now a gooner

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 22, 2006 8:43 pm

Tomas Rosicki is set to join arsenal.skysports

Seems one of our old right sided midfielder targets is joining Wenger. Class player too, but a  bit lightweight like Garcia.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Mon May 22, 2006 8:46 pm

I thought he was older than 25, he looked good from what I seen off him, lets see if he can do it in the Premiership.

Could turn out to be a good signing for Arsenal
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 22, 2006 8:49 pm

Looks like they have got him, a good player and someone we should have looked at for the right hand side, he plays there for the national side and does very well.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:51 pm

I think he's overrated to be honest.  A skilful player, but doesn't look at all suited to the Premiership imo.  And he's not really a right winger either.  He's more of a second striker who ends up playing in a wide position because he's hard to accomodate.  No room for both him and Garcia in the squad I'm afraid and I think Rosicky will struggle to adapt as well to the Premiership as Garcia has.

He may only be 25 Rosicky, but he played his best football between the ages of about 20 and 23.  Looked a really promising youngster at one point but I don't think he ever really kicked on from there.  Still, you wouldn't bet against Wenger being the one to rejuvenate his career...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 22, 2006 8:52 pm

he's not what arsenal need. they need a ball winner.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 22, 2006 8:52 pm

D'alessandro and Rosicki seemed to be constantly linked with Liverpool under Houllier, both similar players. D'alessandro has done great at Portsmouth.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Mon May 22, 2006 8:57 pm

As Houllier said at the time, "who needs Thomas Rosicky we've got Danny Murphy?" :oops:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 22, 2006 8:58 pm

Rosicky is proper player, he will do well here in my opinion, he isn’t an out and winger, but not many are now a days, he carries the ball really well, decent passer and is a goal threat, and I don’t think he will have a problem fitting in the EPL, and he is well suited to Arsenals style.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Mon May 22, 2006 9:16 pm

He is not really a right winger is he? I always thought he was a central guy. The only thing bothersome about this move is that Arsenal now have a suitable replacement for Viera, which means I think they will be right up there with us trying to win the title, whereas without a midfeilder of his stature, Arsenal where not going to do much. I certainly hope he has does well, as I have admired him for a while.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby A.B. » Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 pm

Rosicky is a playmaker, not a winger. I'm not sure if that's what Arsenal really need, I think they need an enforcer in midfield. They still haven't replaced Vieira and it is one of the reasons why it took the last game of the season to get into the top four.

Rosicky is a good player, but I thought Atletico Madrid were going to sign him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 22, 2006 9:22 pm

john craig wrote:I think he's overrated to be honest.  A skilful player, but doesn't look at all suited to the Premiership imo.

he played his best football between the ages of about 20 and 23.  Looked a really promising youngster at one point but I don't think he ever really kicked on from there.

:laugh:

John ,if I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about Pennant .   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mikopool » Mon May 22, 2006 9:22 pm

I think with Rosicky in the middle they will be able to afford dropping in someone behind him as an enforcer. Sign some burley lad who doesn't move too fast, he won't need to.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon May 22, 2006 9:34 pm

Rosicky wont play in the middle, at least not in a 2, in a 4-4-2 he will play on the right, but in 4-5-1 he could be accomdated in the middle.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:47 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
john craig wrote:I think he's overrated to be honest.  A skilful player, but doesn't look at all suited to the Premiership imo.

he played his best football between the ages of about 20 and 23.  Looked a really promising youngster at one point but I don't think he ever really kicked on from there.

:laugh:

John ,if I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about Pennant .   :D   :D   :D

Shut it woofster :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 22, 2006 10:09 pm

Rosicky was one of the players i wanted us to get a couple of seasons ago, i really rate him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion