Chelsea put in thier place - Fa charge

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Espionage » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:28 am

CHELSEA CHARGED BY FA

Chelsea have been charged by the Football Association with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during their 2-1 victory at West Bromwich Albion.

The FA charge relates to an incident which saw Chelsea players surround referee Mark Halsey after a foul by Albion's Ronnie Wallwork on Claude Makelele.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION 1-2 CHELSEA

An FA spokesman said: "Chelsea have been charged with failing to ensure that their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

"The charge relates to an incident in the 43rd minute of Chelsea's game against West Bromwich Albion on 4 March when several Chelsea players surrounded referee Mark Halsey following a foul by West Brom's Ronnie Wallwork.

"Halsey reported the incident to The FA and expressed his view that a number of Chelsea players pressurised him at this time."

Referee Halsey reported a second incident from the game, when players from both teams reacted angrily to a foul by Arjen Robben on Jonathan Greening, which saw the Chelsea player sent off.

The FA, after speaking to Halsey, decided no formal charges should be imposed from this incident.

But they have written to both clubs to remind them of their responsibilities.

There will be no action taken against managers Jose Mourinho and Bryan Robson regarding their behaviour in the technical area.

The FA have also informed West Brom they have no case to answer over the matter.

In their letter to the club, the FA stated: "The match video has been studied and the Football Association will not be taking any formal disciplinary action on this occasion.

"The Football Association now consider this matter to be closed."

The FA’s disciplinary chiefs are determined to crack down on intimidating behaviour by players towards match officials.

A letter was sent to all clubs in January 2005 and re-issued at the start of this season in a bid to remove scenes of dissent from the pitch.

An FA spokesman said: “The committee indicated that a proven case of intimidation or harassment by three or more players of one club would be considered a breach of FA Rules.”

This is considered to be the key difference between the two incidents from Saturday’s game at The Hawthorns.

The FA’s disciplinary experts considered the reaction to the first incident to feature three or more Chelsea players, pressurising the referee.

Halsey insisted he did not feel pressurised during the second incident, after Robben’s tackle, and the FA decided there were not three or more players from one club surrounding the referee at any one time.

Robben was sent off and will serve a four-match ban because it was his second red card of the season.

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.ra....adcrumb

Fantastic to see some Referees standing up for themselves, I see Chelsea do this all the time (not to mention during the last game against us) and nothing had been done in the past.
:claps:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:41 am

All I can say is I'm glad Robben gets a four match ban. Chelsea is a team of babies, they whine about everything, glad barca took them out.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:56 am

It's great that refs stand out for themselves, hope more of them take this initiative to put players and teams in their place.

I think its funny how in only a little over a year, Chelsea have become such great rivals. Everytime something happens to them, we cant help but post about it :laugh: .
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby DZed » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:43 am

Chelsea shouldn't even be discussed on this forum. They have rich arrogant players with a bunch load of :censored: fans.

I bet we'll the Eurppean Cup agian before Chelski do!
DZed

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 am

Don't mean to sound like a moaning b@stard, but I'll say it before anyone else does. If you want to talk about Chelsea, put the topic in Premeirship Discussion, not Liverpool General Discussion. The mods will probably move it anyway, and I'm not having a go at you so don't take offence - just a little advice thats all.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion