Arsenal last night - Charge of the foreign brigade

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:29 pm

anybody see the arsenal-palace game last night? ???

yes folks, i know in the past that chelsea fielded an all foreign eleven for the first time in the history of english football. well as i'm sure you're aware, with cole and campbell being injured arsenal took it to a different level by fielding an ALL FOREIGN SQUAD of sixteen.

now of course arsenal can field who they like. to say that arsenal's selection last night is a shame is totally irrelevant. as wenger astutely pointed out, he doesn't pick his team on the basis of their nationality, but merely on their merits as footballers. it's not like our first team is flooded with british players on a regular basis. gerrard and carragher are the only regulars. warnock and mellor have also been used more frequently than usual in the league this season. however in the carling cup, the majority of our young side were british, where as even arsenals kids were all foreign with the exception of justin hoyte and ryan geary.

however take nothing away from the team who did play for arsenal last night. it was just awesome. when we beat them earlier in the season they were awful but last night showed ominous signs of them getting back to their best, even though it was only palace. we are light years behind what they produced last night but here's to hoping that in time we will be able to bring in the players to compete.

uefa have recently announced that when playing in europe, teams must play a minimum amount of 'home grown' players. however, i am starting to wonder if the football governing bodies realise how hypocritical they are being. on one hand they are demanding that we kick racism out of football, then on the other hand they are suggesting limiting people from playing based on their nationalities.

just wandered what you thought on this?
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:13 pm

Arsenal last night were the the business fantasy bloody football i swear i counted that they should have scored atleast 12 times clear cut.

Man o man if only our team played like that i wouldn't give a damn about 4th place right know, take note moores and parry.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:37 am

Some of our fans have been saying that the reason there's lack of passion is because there isn't enough Brittish players on our squad.

All foreign line up for Arsenal and they play one of their best games in a long time.Same with Chelsea, which just shows that it's not whether you're from North Pole or England its whether you have the right confidence,mentality to perform well.

I.E. Harry Kewell who has great skill however without self-belief and the right mentality that skill is worthless because he doesn't believe in himself and his ablities.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:14 pm

I think it is rude and very ignorant when people say that forigeners lack the passion and fighting spirit.

Of course it is great if you can bring through home grown supporters into the team but only if there good enough.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:57 am

Harry Kewell is a fu*king pus*y
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:01 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Harry Kewell is a fu*king pus*y

:D  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DazeeekAFC » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:09 pm

Hey, yea first of all i am a Arsenal Fan, but dont worry i not here to abuse LFC i get along with liverpool, my brother in-law and my brother liek liverpool so i like to keep a eye on them.

But yea it is annoying if our team is all foreign i do like to see a englishmen on there.

On news of Owen that sucked! i did honestly wanted him go back to LFC, Newcastle are :censored: and most likely the manger is gonna get sacked. plus owen is better then Baros, sorry but Baros was pants.

Cisse and gerrard i like, Stevie G as sum call him, he is your main man and deffently didnt want Chelsea getting him there a bunch of :censored:.

Chelsea fans are bunch of glory supports! Manu, Arsenal and Liverpool are loyal, there bunch of glory supports there idiots. A wales when i watched the FA Cup, Arsenal stands were flooeded, and chelsea had the bottom tier full that was it.... :censored:.

Anyways saw that chelsea guy on here saying there best, well :censored: off you chelsea :censored:! i just hear to talk lol
DazeeekAFC

Return to Premiership - General Discussion