Breaking news ronaldo - Off to madrid for £80m

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Redbilly1960 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Well, time will tell who they use the money on and whether this is a good move for the Mancs or not.  At the moment, though, all I can think of is one thing: good fucking riddance to one of the most irritating t0ssers ever to pollute Premiership pitches and television screens alike.  When Henry left for Spain I was saddened because, rival or not, he was pure class and a joy to watch.  I'll be thrilled to see the back of this ponce, though....until we knock them out of the CL that is. :laugh:

:bowdown
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Beyond the pale lar  :D

Samuel L Jackson on Talk sh!te just then.

Parry:Man U should buy Torres,
Jackson: no chance im a Liverpool fan,
Parry: You what !!!
Jackson: Yer Im a red.
Parry: Im a blue me, Im an everton fan, they are in the city aswell you know.
jackson: yer I know where they are across the road, I went the derby and we won :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 pm

For those that think they won't miss him remember the Mancs had a terrible start to the season past, not so coincidentally Ronaldo was recoving from surgery at the time, I await Oswat to deliver the undeniable truth in statistical form..... :D
burjennio

Postby Zidane » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm really worried about this, money is flying around all over the place and we dont have much to spend at all really.. I do hope we don't resort to selling someone at an inflated price in order to raise funds.  It'll just be an endless cycle then with people overpaying for everyone.

That said I am happy to see Ronaldo leave the premiership, what a :censored:.
Zidane

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm

what a great talent the jumped up buck toothed diving cheating sulking greasy haired portuguese snot gobbling slimy cheeseball fuk faced wazzack was though, cant deny he is a master at his trade.

just a shame about the rest of his game, rolling around on the floor acting like a sniper had just taken his knee cap off for no reason at all was depressing to watch.

Then theres the free kick 'I'm gonna stand here with me arms on me hips leaning backwards looking like Rooney is sucking me off' stance, what was all that about?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Lee J wrote:the jumped up buck toothed diving cheating sulking greasy haired portuguese snot gobbling slimy cheeseball fuk faced wazzack was though, cant deny he is a master at his trade.

Get off the fence Lee...........
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Tara yer big puff. Made up he's gone - there's still plenty of em left to hate though  :eyebrow

That Perez though....what a beaut.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby vegnomeat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 pm

I am pretty convinced that this is bad news for us.

Ronaldo has been a pretty divisive player this year at the Mancs and his petulance must have effected morale, it's obvious he wanted to go, the other players must have been pretty :censored: off with him and whisky nose also wanted him gone (after showing him who was boss last year) and now they have 80 million quid and .... if you believe the papers we lost £40 million last year.

Unless we get our act together pretty soon and sign some quality there will be none left.  What price would you get on Madrid bidding for Gerard, Alonso and or Torres. Seems like they have money to burn.

Although in our favour to be fair, we do have the "Spanish" connection which helps greatly in transfer dealings. Why though aren't we hearing anything about our transfer targets ?

Regards
vegnomeat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Lee J wrote:the jumped up buck toothed diving cheating sulking greasy haired portuguese snot gobbling slimy cheeseball fuk faced wazzack was though, cant deny he is a master at his trade.

Get off the fence Lee...........

me?  :p 

lol, I cleaned that up too  :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:15 pm

I will withhold judgment until September 1.  They certainly did get a lot of money for him, so that isn't good.  Would have been much happier if it was closer to 65

I did say before the window opened that it would be a great time to sell to the continent.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

How about we read between the lines. The mancs reckon Ronaldo is priceless, personally I'd put a "k" were the first "e" is but we'll go with priceless. So why now sell him for £80m, didn't they reportedly turn down a £75m+ bid last summer? I wonder if 12 months down the line they realise that their regular upping of ticket prices etc and ripping off their gloryhunters might not be enough to cover their debt. Just a thought, they've won the league three seasons in a row, played two Champions League finals in a row and you'd think a side like that would be buying and looking to improve, not sell arguably their best player and certainly most saleable asset.

Hopefully Rafa will issue a "hands off" warning to the mancs regards our Dirky Boy! :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:22 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Van der Sar - Finished
Neville - Finished
Ferdinand - Tampon in 1 week 3 out
Scholes - Finished
Giggs - Finished
Berbatov - Sh!te
Tevez - Goin
Ronaldo - Gone
Nani - Sh!te
Anderson - Sh!te
Fletcher-sh!te
O'Shea-does a job

That looks like most of their spine needs replacing.
Rooney, Vidic, Rafael, Evra a bit dodgey.

Yeah but put this into perspective. Ronaldo was out for half the season and Tevez barely played compared to the previous season.

Man Utd still won the title. It would be naive to suggest this is the end for them.

How was he out for half the season he played 33 league games lol
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby laza » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Glad to see the back of cheating diving pounce but amount of money involved just has me shaking my head
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Good player, appalling attitude just about sums up Ronaldo. I say good player because the true greats ( Pele, Best, Dalglish, Cryuff, Van Basten, Moore, Charlton etc....... had dignity, a sense of fair play and delivred on against the very best.

He's a younger version of that other abhorrent Premiership role model, Drogba at Chavski. Why these obviously talented and gifted footballers feel the need to dive, pout and disgrace themselves is beyond me.

Towards the end of the season you knew he was as good as gone. The fans lost patience with him last summer after his expressed desitre to go to Real Madrid but the board took a little longer before being tipped over the edge and finally cashing in. 80M return on a 12.2M investment is some going even by today's crazy standards. The Recession doesn't appear to have bit too deep in Spain then !

It will be intersting to see who the Mancs buy with the money. Riberry and/or Valencia look like their on their way to OT but despite who they purchase lets not forget we beat them home and away last season and lost just 2 games all season against their 4 losses. The reality is that we didn't finish 2nd because of Man U but our own inabilities to finish weaker teams than them plus the loss of our 2 best players for significant periods........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Good riddance to him!

£80m eh??Well as if his ego was'nt big enough,I expect to see him photographed prancing about Madrid with a bunch of flowers and a pink T shirt saying "Most expensive player ever" ..hes probably sitting w@nking at himself in the mirror now!Arrogant little gimp!

I dont think for a second Fergie sanctioned this deal!The fact they issued a statement saying he did kind of seems a double bluff.Anyway thank feck he's gone..just think how many free kicks he will get now where refs are softer.The whistle will be blowing every 30 seconds!

£80m...football has got out of hand!Chelsea have spent big bucks in the past but Real Madrid just take it to another level with this and the Kaka deal inside a week!
Fuc'king crazy it is....something has to be done before it gets out of hand,if its not already!

Not even a generation ago professional footballers came out of football and were not rich men..footballers these days would still be rich in 200 years time!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion