Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Andy Carroll has allegedly verbally abused our manager after being substituted - if this is indeed the case and Andy has dared to even question a managers decision then he needs to be dealt with accordingly. In fact If I was to tell my manager at work to "f*ck off", I'd be taken into a disciplinary and sacked. Who on Earth does Andy Carroll think he is? He has no right to disrespect his manager. Andy never looked like scoring against Newcastle (though he played well) and was rightly replaced. If Andy cannot handle being substituted without resorting to abusing the manager then he needs to leave this club and perhaps head over to Manchester City where disrespecting the manager is actively encouraged by the manager, himself, no less.
Boxscarf

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 pm

If that fat slob has thrown abuse Kenny's way I hope he gets read the riot act and gets shown the door in the summer. He is not fit to play for LFC and we need shot ASAP.
Doeboy

Postby D___C » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm wrote:
andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm wrote:listen D_C, we know your views on andy carroll. we knew them about 500 of your posts ago back when you were called something else, and in all the posts since then you've not added a single worthwhile argument to your views. your views are fine, by the way, you can have them. we all know that andy carroll hasn't delivered what we needed and wanted, at least not so far. and no, the signs don't look good either. but the important point you seem to be missing is that he's not the sole reason for our plight and despite his limitations he's one of the few that actually seems to be trying.

so now, could you do us all a favour and shut the f*ck up with your endless, pointless and boring drivel that only serves to satisfy your need to twist the knife? every time you feel the need to slag him off a little bit more try and think of something more constructive to do, will you?

:bowdown

:laugh: .. like clockwork.
D___C

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:
plenty of our players down the years have had bust up`s with managers.
roger hunt threw his shirt at shankly and the dug out when he was taken off once and tommy smith when he found out he wasnt in the starting XI at highbury stormed out of the ground and made his own way home, keegan threw his shirt away after being sent off in the charity shield and was banned 11 games, st john and shankly had a huge bust up in the tunnel at newcastle......it happens all the time and at every club.
i was actually glad that at least someone showed that they were pi$$ed off with the situation.

So because a few of our past players have disrespected their managers in the past that makes it acceptable for Andy Carroll to do so? Sorry I disagree, I believe that you should always be professional, no matter what line of work you're in. People should feel free to disagree with their managers decisions, that's fine, but to tell a manager who constantly defends you when you aren't delivering to "f*ck off"? If I was Kenny and I'm still manager next season, I'd sell Carroll. Kenny has put his neck on the chopping block for Carroll time after time this season and last season when he signed and Andy has not repaid the faith that Kenny has shown in him. Kenny even defended Carroll afterwards in the post-match interview. If that was me, I wouldn't have answered any question about Carroll.

I know what it's like to be substituted and left on the bench, from the age of 14 to 15 I played Sunday League football and was constantly overlooked for more physical and taller lads despite the fact I was smaller, more nimble than they were and was far more composed with the ball at my feet. I spent nearly a year either on the bench making cameo appearances in the last ten minutes when our team was 10-0 down, or I was often taken off. I would often get left out of the team altogether and told not to bother attending match day. I remember making an appearance at half-time in our 7th or 8th from last league match of the season and I set up two goals which saw us lose 3-2, they scored in last ten minutes. I won Man of the Match from my manager and he started to take an interest in me, but by then it was too late, I had already decided not to renew my membership with the club and subsequently never played for another Sunday League side again, warming the bench wasn't for me and so I don't blame Andy for feeling angry, I hated being left out, I just wanted to play football and I hated being taken off especially when I knew I was making a contribution on the football pitch, but never once was I abusive, I simply accepted the managerial decision of the manager and whilst I really wanted to tell him to stick his football club up his a*se, I was brought up to show respect to people and walk away from any confrontation. Andy should behave  in the same way, he's a professional footballer, who is employed to play for the club and whilst I understand his frustration, he has no right to behave the way he did or become abusive towards his manager. Just because Keegan did something similar to Shankly or Hunt doesn't make it any more right that Andy should behave that way. This club has had enough negative publicity this season with Luis Suarez's comments to Patrice Evra, we don't need anymore ammunition given to the media, who are already coming out with "Still King Kenny?", "Kenny's lost the dressing room" etc, all because of Andy and Pepe's temper tantrums.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I can't believe how little support there is on these forums. Let's sack the entire team. Afterall, none are doing a great job. Forget swearing at your manager...that might be a sackable offence, but then so is failure to perform in an every day job. Football isn't an everyday job though. I suggest we sack all players and staff and disband and start again as a new name. We could be Chavchester City!! We can hire players and managers, give 'em a run out, and if things don't click, we'll fire them too and try someone else. Forget other teams. We have a divine right to success. F*** those dumb ar*e goal keepers who keep saving our shots. F*** the defenders who keep tackling our players. F*** the strikers who keep scoring goals against us. We should be winning! WIN! WIN! WIN you useless f***ing footballers or go work in a factory!

Instant success or instant sackings. You know it makes sense.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

So you agree with Carroll's behaviour yesterday? You agree that he was right to verbally abuse a legend of this club, a man who has defended Carroll to the hilt? Football isn't an ordinary job, evidently, because only in football can you miss a drugs test and keep your job. Only in football can a footballer punch a DJ in the head repeatedly after refusing to change what was playing and escape any form of punishment. Only a footballer can run someone over, kill them and keep his job. Yes, professional football is a different profession altogether. You aren't wrong there, Ant, you aren't wrong there.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm wrote:So you agree with Carroll's behaviour yesterday? You agree that he was right to verbally abuse a legend of this club, a man who has defended Carroll to the hilt? Football isn't an ordinary job, evidently, because only in football can you miss a drugs test and keep your job. Only in football can a footballer punch a DJ in the head repeatedly after refusing to change what was playing and escape any form of punishment. Only a footballer can run someone over, kill them and keep his job. Yes, professional football is a different profession altogether. You aren't wrong there, Ant, you aren't wrong there.

Agree with it? Where did I say that? If you want to start b*tching about every thing footballers do, such as hitting DJ's, failing drug tests etc, why do you even follow it? Why look at everything as a negative? From the post i've quoted, seems you don't like football at all! I don't advocate what Carroll has done, not at all. He was childish and spat the dummy out. He has problems, and not all of them involve football. I'm sure he will apologise to Kenny. Afterall, they're friends. However, if we sack footballers every time they fail to be angels, well...there would be no footballers.
RedAnt

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:24 pm

You don't abuse your manager, it's just not on, especially one that has defended you like the way Kenny has defended Carroll throughout his ill-fated career here, thus far. Kenny deserves respect from everyone at the club, he's given the club so much throughout a 35 year association and when nobody wanted to rescue this sinking ship, Kenny did, he climbed off his Cruise and headed straight for Anfield. I didn't see Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen or David Fairclough line up for the job, did you?

I'm not saying footballers should be angels, for instance I wouldn't sell Reina for his moment of madness yesterday, but Carroll or any other Liverpool player has no right to be abusive towards their manager. Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't put up with it, if someone told him to "f*ck off", they'd more than likely find themselves marginalised at Old Trafford and rightly so. Kenny commands respect and all people associated with this club should respect him. He's our greatest player ever and he's done more for this football club than a lot of people, especially Andy "I can't score a goal" Carroll.
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:
plenty of our players down the years have had bust up`s with managers.
roger hunt threw his shirt at shankly and the dug out when he was taken off once and tommy smith when he found out he wasnt in the starting XI at highbury stormed out of the ground and made his own way home, keegan threw his shirt away after being sent off in the charity shield and was banned 11 games, st john and shankly had a huge bust up in the tunnel at newcastle......it happens all the time and at every club.
i was actually glad that at least someone showed that they were pi$$ed off with the situation.

So because a few of our past players have disrespected their managers in the past that makes it acceptable for Andy Carroll to do so? Sorry I disagree, I believe that you should always be professional, no matter what line of work you're in. People should feel free to disagree with their managers decisions, that's fine, but to tell a manager who constantly defends you when you aren't delivering to "f*ck off"? If I was Kenny and I'm still manager next season, I'd sell Carroll. Kenny has put his neck on the chopping block for Carroll time after time this season and last season when he signed and Andy has not repaid the faith that Kenny has shown in him. Kenny even defended Carroll afterwards in the post-match interview. If that was me, I wouldn't have answered any question about Carroll.

I know what it's like to be substituted and left on the bench, from the age of 14 to 15 I played Sunday League football and was constantly overlooked for more physical and taller lads despite the fact I was smaller, more nimble than they were and was far more composed with the ball at my feet. I spent nearly a year either on the bench making cameo appearances in the last ten minutes when our team was 10-0 down, or I was often taken off. I would often get left out of the team altogether and told not to bother attending match day. I remember making an appearance at half-time in our 7th or 8th from last league match of the season and I set up two goals which saw us lose 3-2, they scored in last ten minutes. I won Man of the Match from my manager and he started to take an interest in me, but by then it was too late, I had already decided not to renew my membership with the club and subsequently never played for another Sunday League side again, warming the bench wasn't for me and so I don't blame Andy for feeling angry, I hated being left out, I just wanted to play football and I hated being taken off especially when I knew I was making a contribution on the football pitch, but never once was I abusive, I simply accepted the managerial decision of the manager and whilst I really wanted to tell him to stick his football club up his a*se, I was brought up to show respect to people and walk away from any confrontation. Andy should behave  in the same way, he's a professional footballer, who is employed to play for the club and whilst I understand his frustration, he has no right to behave the way he did or become abusive towards his manager. Just because Keegan did something similar to Shankly or Hunt doesn't make it any more right that Andy should behave that way. This club has had enough negative publicity this season with Luis Suarez's comments to Patrice Evra, we don't need anymore ammunition given to the media, who are already coming out with "Still King Kenny?", "Kenny's lost the dressing room" etc, all because of Andy and Pepe's temper tantrums.

Enough about you though yeah ?  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm wrote:Enough about you though yeah ?  :laugh:
[/quote]

If you don't like it, don't read my posts, simple. In fact I'm pretty sure there's an ignore feature on this forum, why not test it? I don't think I've read too many posts of yours, so I won't be offended if you whack me on ignore, in fact I'd encourage it.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:24 pm wrote:You don't abuse your manager, it's just not on, especially one that has defended you like the way Kenny has defended Carroll throughout his ill-fated career here, thus far. Kenny deserves respect from everyone at the club, he's given the club so much throughout a 35 year association and when nobody wanted to rescue this sinking ship, Kenny did, he climbed off his Cruise and headed straight for Anfield. I didn't see Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen or David Fairclough line up for the job, did you?

I'm not saying footballers should be angels, for instance I wouldn't sell Reina for his moment of madness yesterday, but Carroll or any other Liverpool player has no right to be abusive towards their manager. Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't put up with it, if someone told him to "f*ck off", they'd more than likely find themselves marginalised at Old Trafford and rightly so. Kenny commands respect and all people associated with this club should respect him. He's our greatest player ever and he's done more for this football club than a lot of people, especially Andy "I can't score a goal" Carroll.

Ever considered that Kenny is respected because he's NOT Fergie, and that he's more laid back and understanding? Kenny's a nice guy. Fergie isn't. I don't see how you can use Fergie's actions as a yardstick for Kenny's actions.
RedAnt

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm wrote:
Ever considered that Kenny is respected because he's NOT Fergie, and that he's more laid back and understanding? Kenny's a nice guy. Fergie isn't. I don't see how you can use Fergie's actions as a yardstick for Kenny's actions.

Both men have huge reputations in football, Kenny as a player and a manager and Fergie as a manager. Both are big names at their respective clubs, both men command respect, they have earned respect and should be shown respect. Someone like Andy who has done nothing in football has no right to disrespect such a person as Kenny. He's not even fit enough to lace Kenny's boots.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:58 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm wrote:

Both men have huge reputations in football, Kenny as a player and a manager and Fergie as a manager. Both are big names at their respective clubs, both men command respect, they have earned respect and should be shown respect. Someone like Andy who has done nothing in football has no right to disrespect such a person as Kenny. He's not even fit enough to lace Kenny's boots.

Yes, and one fires player's when they tell him to f*** off, the other dosen't. Who would you rather work for?
RedAnt

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:06 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm wrote:
Yes, and one fires player's when they tell him to f*** off, the other dosen't. Who would you rather work for?

It wouldn't bother me, seeing as I'd never tell a manager to "f*ck off", I was brought up, I wasn't dragged up. Anyway this debate is becoming pointless, either way I feel Andy is wrong and owes Kenny an apology. If I was Kenny I'd accept it and put him up for sale when the next, available opportunity arises.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

andy_g » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm wrote:listen D_C, we know your views on andy carroll. we knew them about 500 of your posts ago back when you were called something else, and in all the posts since then you've not added a single worthwhile argument to your views. your views are fine, by the way, you can have them. we all know that andy carroll hasn't delivered what we needed and wanted, at least not so far. and no, the signs don't look good either. but the important point you seem to be missing is that he's not the sole reason for our plight and despite his limitations he's one of the few that actually seems to be trying.

so now, could you do us all a favour and shut the f*ck up with your endless, pointless and boring drivel that only serves to satisfy your need to twist the knife? every time you feel the need to slag him off a little bit more try and think of something more constructive to do, will you?

+1
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion