New shows - Anywone watching or gonna?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I just have a question: what the f*ck happened to Kathleen Turner? Did she get a sex change or something? She used to be half decent, now she's a complete munter. She's hillarious in this, though. "Collini....OUT!"

Always liked her and she plays a great character in the show. Like you I wondered what had happened to her, she used be this sexy milf type actress who suddenly dropped out of sight. She's no longer a Milf but it's good to see her back in the business.

From a newspaper (Daily Mail) report a few years back

She is the siren whose sexual chemistry with Michael Douglas lit up the screen 20 years ago.

Today, Kathleen Turner is barely recognisable as she succumbs to the side-effects of steroids she is taking to ease the agony of rheumatoid arthritis.

With her smouldering beauty and husky voice, Miss Turner became one of Hollywood's biggest stars in the 1980s, playing femme fatales in films such as Body Heat, The Man with Two Brains and Prizzi's Honour.

She starred with Douglas in Romancing the Stone, Jewel of the Nile and The War of The Roses.

Her appeal was such that she was voted one of the 100 sexiest stars in film history by the movie magazine Empire

Since then the arthritis she first suffered more than ten years ago has grown steadily worse.

She had chemotherapy and took steroids simply to function normally, and found temporary relief in alcohol, ending up in rehab five years ago. She said in a recent interview: "People were saying that the reason I looked so bloated was that I was an alcoholic, but it was actually the steroids I was on that were making me look puffy.

"In Hollywood, it's more acceptable for you to drink or do drugs than to be ill. Although it made me angry to have those things said about me initially, I never corrected anyone and just let everything wash over me."

THEN

AND NOW

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:56 pm

generation kill

:nod

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:57 pm

generation was cool, the lad off the wire rocked that!

i hate this time of year, everything is on midseason break, at least big bang theory is back for season 3, better than ever so far
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:43 am

i've only got as far as episode 3 of generation kill, but i feckin love it already. its not quite up to the wire standard yet but a lot of the good stuff about the wire is present in this one. things like the enormous difficulty in understanding what the hell they are talking about, characters who you really can't tell what their motivations are and the lack of any soundtrack trying to dictate exactly what emotion you should be feeling during any particular scene.

i'm oscar mike, how copy?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum