New shows - Csi old news

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:29 pm

Two new shows im watching now:

NCIS - i think tis billiant, funny, and a bit more action than the other stuff

Conviction - On five US. About new york DA's. Good scripts, real characters, not always a happy ending

Numb3rs - i still like it, but its my kind of thing

Sky keeps buying up everything else but for us freeviewers we sill got some choice!!!

any others that people like?

(not including 24, lost, smallville, csis or any others that we all know about)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:31 pm

Numb3rs is a sound little show for us egg-head types!  I am loving Season 3 of Battlestar Gallactica at the moment, as well.  Otherwise, it's been DVDs of early seasons of X-Files of late. :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:07 pm

Try "Brotherhood" on FX, and Ray Winstone's good in "Vincent" too....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:09 pm

i dont get fx :(

Vincent is ok, but most british tv (life on mars excluded) looks cheap and nasty usually
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Not seen "Goldplated" yet but it's gettin' some good write ups so I'm gonna give it a go.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:25 pm

You should catch The Shield.  I've saw seasons 1 & 2 of it.  Fantastic TV.

I'm about to finish season 6 of The Sopranos by the weekend and I'm going to hammer The Shield seasons 3 - 5 after that. 

Can't wait.  Ask Woof, he swears by it.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:58 pm

The Shield is probabably the most hardcore cop show I've ever seen ,the good guys are BAD but you're still on their side. Can't wait for the next series (jan 07) .

My missus has turned me on to "Supernatural" (amongst other things , :D  ) . Great show if your into demons, vengeful spirits and close encounters of the spooky kind.   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Anyone watching The 4400? I've watched a couple of episodes so far, seems to be ok (not sure when this new season 2 or is it 3 started).

What do you all think of this show?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:17 pm

What about that new program on e4.. Stop treating me like a kid or something..
It seems quite good :D
x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 am

I like wife swap, a classic british show, am i in the right thread Dawson  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:13 pm

wife swap?
erm..not really what i was looking for sorry, but im sure theres something for you, maybe an 'im still in the closet' type threads :D
we can also leave out the two scottish gay lads who do up houses and those birds who say your clothes are sh!te
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:wife swap?
erm..not really what i was looking for sorry, but im sure theres something for you, maybe an 'im still in the closet' type threads :D
we can also leave out the two scottish gay lads who do up houses and those birds who say your clothes are sh!te

Dont say you dont watch it Dawson ? Whats wrong with it....no cops ?

This weeks had a mad bunch of scousers in it, and some snobby millionaire from down sarf, take a look.
Lisa and Nancy swap places

Self-made millionaire businesswoman Lisa Burke swaps her husband, children and international company with Nancy Caldwell, a passionate stay-at-home mum to four lively kids. Thirty-eight-year-old Lisa has always been ambitious. She set up her successful aromatherapy business 15 years ago when her three children were all under three.

Lisa often works 90 hours a week and has two au pairs to run the family home in Northampton, which has a swimming pool and dance studio. Lisa's husband Tony, 48, works for her, and her drive and determination have rubbed off on their middle child, Simon, 15, who also works in the family business. Lisa's convinced she's as close to having it all as you can get.

Life couldn't be more different for Nancy, full-time housewife and mother. Nancy loves staying at home to look after her four children. Nancy and her partner Vinny, 36, rent a house on a Liverpool council estate, and although money is tight they both agree that looking after their four children is their top priority, so Nancy hasn't worked for 13 years.

In Nancy's eyes the family comes first. How does 15-year-old workaholic Simon Burke react to Nancy banning work and trying to bring fun and spontaneity into the house? Can Nancy convince the Burkes that every family needs a mum? And how does Lisa, who's used to motivating hundreds of people at conferences, cope with a man who'd rather tuck his kids in than make extra cash?

TV at its best  :D
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:30 pm

I just cant handle council estate tv. it makes me feel sick. We're better than that. There is no real decent british tv (ok, life on mars, and i admit i actually enjoyed dr who)

Why cant we just spend a lil money, not hire ex eastenders stars and work on some decent scripts.

Im too pro american maybe, gimme criminal minds anyday. I admit im bored of the whole csi thing now tho, its too much, theres only so many times grissom can explain a murder due to a moth he found.

Wife swap is too much like that jeremy kyle show, just shows britain like the viz comic...

i do like my rants
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The Shield is probabably the most hardcore cop show I've ever seen ,the good guys are BAD but you're still on their side. Can't wait for the next series (jan 07) .

My missus has turned me on to "Supernatural" (amongst other things , :D  ) . Great show if your into demons, vengeful spirits and close encounters of the spooky kind.   :)

I watch Supernatural Woof, dont you think one of the brothers (the younger one)looks a bit like Xabi Alonso ?
account deleted by request

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:16 pm

sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:What about that new program on e4.. Stop treating me like a kid or something..
It seems quite good :D
x

Ok, baby then   :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Next

Return to General Chat Forum