Womens rights.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 20, 2009 2:39 am

Is it fair that women have more rights than men? Even today, in a world where equality is supposed to exist, is it fair that women have more rights?

Lets look at the facts. If a married couple with children decide to end the relationship, the man suffers. The woman not only gets the child, but gets to skin the man alive. Every penny the man earns, a majority of it will go to the woman. Whatever reason, the woman usually wins and the man suffers.

A couple of examples:

If a couple decide to part, the mother will not only get the children to deny the father access and have more influence with regards to the attitude the children has towards the father, they have rights to insist on being paid for it.

Ray Parlour:
Parlour married his wife Karen in 1998; the couple had three children before separating in 2001. In July 2004, they agreed a divorce settlement which awarded Karen Parlour two houses and a £250,000 lump sum but the issue of maintenance was not agreed. Ray Parlour offered Karen £120,000 p.a. on the basis that this would meet all of her and their children's needs, but she wanted more. Initially the court awarded her £212,500 a year, but both parties were unsatisfied with this and appealed.

The Court of Appeal increased Karen's award to £440,000 p.a. However, this would only be paid for five years to enable her to put aside £250,000 each year to build up her own capital resources. The case brought with it media speculation that future divorce cases would bring people a more equal share in their former partner's future earnings, and a possible increased usage of prenuptial agreements.

Again, the man suffers. At one stage during that divorce, Ray Parlours wife claimed she wanted more money because she helped her husband through a difficult phase in his life, and of course she was awarded that. Being a married coupled meant nothing in that respect, but when it comes to money she is in her right.

Lets change direction totally. Lets go to sport. Tennis. Women have demanded equal pay for a long time. And now have it. Women play 3 sets on the same pay as men, men have to play 5 sets. Same pay mind.

Lets hit even closer to home. On this forum. Depression. If men suffer this, its a long standing joke. If women suffer its understandable. Why? We live in an equal world, dont we? Or are men classed as wimps if it gets too much?

Another one, Women beating up men. Again, another topic raised but this was recognised. Women can beat up men and if one man even dares to raise the issue he is a joke, but if the man responds to the womans violence he is in the wrong.

Im all for equality, but that in itself means what I believe in. Women currently have more rights than men and it is being exploited to the fullest. Not every woman is exploiting the rules but a majority are, and as the law stands, they will continue to do so. A common argument amongst women is that men are shallow, but have a good look. With the rights women have now, did you make a stand, or just prove to be even more shallow than what men can be?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:14 pm

They want us to pay for dinner, but they still want a vote.. double standards

Women have got it easy though. Any bad day they can blame on the blob... and women complain more when ill than men, that is a fact.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 pm

:laugh:

Can of worms well and truely open here :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Family Law is so biased towartds women it makes my blood boil.

Social Security and its affiliates are the same.

I agree with everything you say Kharhaz; and when it comes to divorce it's almost laughable.
Pre-nuptial agreements are not recognised in this country - feckin why?!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 pm

There is no such thing as equality, in any respect.

Never has been.
tonyeh

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 23, 2009 5:23 pm

why do you think men are more likely to commit suicide and we also die younger.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedShredder » Sun May 24, 2009 6:24 am

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly
RedShredder

Return to General Chat Forum