What level would you play at - Regular lower level or bit part at top

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:26 pm

while reading the thread about itandje (spelling?) I saw how little he played for LFC. There is another thread about Hillsborough service so I don't want this to be about that. even plessis hardly ever plays.

if you were at that level (as opposed to torres,gerrard etc) would you want to be a tiny part of lfc.

to be honest I'd prefer to be playing every week for wolves or sheffield wednesday etc than to be a reserve team player. i know people will feel they should say anything to do with lfc is best but scoring a winner in front of 10000 QPR fans still would be a good life.

I'd prefer to be a big part of a smaller club.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 pm

be a big part of a small club but harbor dreams of a return!!

I never understand players with talent happy to be a reserve (like Cudicini was at the chavs for so long?) when so many teams'd give em first team football. On that score, maybe we could'v encouraged various no-marks about the value and enjoyment of actually playin instead of warmin the bench in our too recent past.

Then again, it appens in all walks of life, people happy to take the dough with no outlay of effort, so who's in the wrong really? Must be a helluva life havin that kinda wage for a few days trainin a week.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

yeah but scoring the winner in front of 10000 fans in the second division (old school when it comes to leagues) isn't as good as scoring the winner at anfield but it sure as hell beats the feeling of scoring winner in reserves.

I liked Neil Mellor - the person. He didn't have the talent to play for LFC and I think he was happy to find his level and actually play for them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 pm

With the ridiculously high cost of just staying alive these days, I don't blame any lad for bench warming for a top club and picking up serious wages while he waits for the inevitable move to a smaller club to happen.

Either way, squads are seriously bloated these days. I can't remember them being that over manned 25+ years ago.
tonyeh

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 am

defo any part of liverpool to work with that talent and under rafa would be a brilliant :cool:
Kopite-Jud

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:21 am

Big Niall wrote:while reading the thread about itandje (spelling?) I saw how little he played for LFC. There is another thread about Hillsborough service so I don't want this to be about that. even plessis hardly ever plays.

if you were at that level (as opposed to torres,gerrard etc) would you want to be a tiny part of lfc.

to be honest I'd prefer to be playing every week for wolves or sheffield wednesday etc than to be a reserve team player. i know people will feel they should say anything to do with lfc is best but scoring a winner in front of 10000 QPR fans still would be a good life.

I'd prefer to be a big part of a smaller club.

I Would Just want to play or work for liverpool If i was a tea ladie or steven gerrard end of day liverpool is club I love any time at any other would be a waste of my life.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 am

Big Niall wrote:yeah but scoring the winner in front of 10000 fans in the second division (old school when it comes to leagues) isn't as good as scoring the winner at anfield but it sure as hell beats the feeling of scoring winner in reserves.

I liked Neil Mellor - the person. He didn't have the talent to play for LFC and I think he was happy to find his level and actually play for them.

Yeah but it likes playing for club like I dunno everton is like being married to this.

But to play for liverpool is like to have a one night stand with this every week.

O opps sorry I ment this.....  :blush:

I know what I rather have.
Last edited by LegBarnes on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 am

i would swap being a bit part player at a big club like liverpool,arsenal etc for say playing for a low/mid level prem team, but i wouldnt drop down into the championship
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 am

[quote="LegBarnes"][/quote]

Nanny won't be happy with you posting her picture on the internet Leggy. I hope you asked her first.

:D   :D 

Sorry Nanny............   :D  (<--- look, another one!)
tonyeh

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:23 am

tonyeh wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Nanny won't be happy with you posting her picture on the internet Leggy. I hope you asked her first.

:D   :D 

Sorry Nanny............   :D  (<--- look, another one!)

Shes gona kill you for that.  :Oo:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:24 pm

If you play a bit part role for a big club, then you're not likely to get enough exposure and that could jeopardise a move to a big club. Would Ebanks-Blake be getting the kind of exposure he is at Wolves had he stayed at man utd? And he's got to enjoy promotion and a bite at playing in the Premiership, would you rather be him or N'Gog? Of course it might be about the money for a number of the players, still I'm sure neither is living below the poverty line.

Even if N'Gog or any of our fringe/squad players did win a trophy it would be down to the (main) contributions of others rather than anything the players themselves did. Perhaps a better question would be to compare Crouch at Pompey with Crouch at Liverpool. Was he better off here or is he better off at Pompey? I suppose a key question might be whether the player feels they have any hope of getting to play regularly or if the manager is unlikely to give them much of a chance no matter how well they do.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion