Benitez: 'we're at the same level as united'

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:41 am

I think Raffa is just trying to put a little sunshine into what has been a less than succesful start to the season.

I still think we are a fair bit away from the top 3, which is no disgrace as the rebuilding of our team is only one year in, where as Fergie and Wenger are just continuing the work they have been doing for a number of years and Maureen has the easiest job in Football as he can simply buy anyone (well anyone who want to play for them) he needs to improve any position.

People keep saying that "on our day we can beat Utd", but in the Premiership, anyone can beat anyone "on their day".  Thas what makes it the best league in the world.

I think LFC players that would command a place in the top 3 teams are, Carra, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko (maybe), Hypia and funny enough Cisse, even though he can't get a game at Liverpool, although a change in formation may be required.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boocity » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:34 am

Personally I cannot see scum getting beat 4:1 at home to chelski
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 am

One thing I can't understand with Benitez.

Ok, he won't play Cisse cos he favours Crouch in the 4-5-1 system but what would he of done if he had succeeded in buying Owen? How would he of worked it then? Because its evident that 4-5-1 would be a no-no if Owen was playing
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:46 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:One thing I can't understand with Benitez.

Ok, he won't play Cisse cos he favours Crouch in the 4-5-1 system but what would he of done if he had succeeded in buying Owen? How would he of worked it then? Because its evident that 4-5-1 would be a no-no if Owen was playing

Thats what I said all along with the Owen thing.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:24 pm

Paul C wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:van der Sar, Heinze, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Rooney and van Nistlerooy are better than anything we have in all of those positions.

I disagree a little, i say Reina and Carragher are a fair match for Van Der Sar and Ferdinand

Yup, I agree there Shanks.

Riena's proved nothing and made mistakes straight away.

He practically cost us the points at Birmingham. He's impressed in some areas and dissapointed hugely in others.

To say Carragher is in Ferdinand's class though is simply laughable.

I've always supported Carragher and always rated him. The slatings i got on here for daring to suggest he's a good player, but now people are going well over the top with him.

He's a good player and is important to the club because of his heart, he will always be an influence and leader for us but he's not a world class or even top class player. He's a good player, nothing more.
115-1073096938

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:21 pm

Yeah,I agree ,I think Ferdinand has a lot more than Carra. Ferdinands better all round and his performance at the last world cup was one to behold. His style puts some people off i think but i wish we had him in our team . i think Carragher is getting better and with his versatility comes a never say die attitude, Im glad we have him.
I agree we are not in utds class :down: We just aint consistent,a problem weve had since the souness days.I honestly think the scum should be challenging chelsea with the players they have ,they still create chances and as good as rooney and nistlerooy are,they still miss more than they score. :D Not that im complaining
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:49 am

Techniclly Ferdinand is a better player than Cara but I wouldnt say it is laughable to compare the two.
I cannot stand the way Rio trots half heartedly around the pitch and acts all cool ,the way he goes on you would think his posing for some football calender.Alot of USAs conceeded goals have been down to Rio and his laid back approach.

I would have Cara in my team any day of the week over the thum sucker , you may think Im being Bias but Cara has the urgency and desire more than Rio.
There is no doubt Cara can tackle and mark aswell as Rio .The two things Cara doesnt have that Rio does is pace and the ability to play or run with the ball at his feet.Rio is probably one of the best defenders at bringing the ball out of defense, but strictly as a defender he is way over hyped.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:01 am

As for being at the same level as Manpoo ,I dont think we are there yet.

We can beat anyone on our day , but at the moment we are unable to churn out results even when playing bad.We do not have the consistency in our team to win week in week out .
Although USA lack consistency we are still some way off of them and I expect them to be Chelskys main rivals this year  :(
There one player who will pick them up at least nine points is Van der sar that was one of there weakest links last year and he will improve them immensely.
Reina on the other hand , well for me the jury is still out havent been totally convinced from what I have seen .Hopefully he will settle down quickly in his first season and eventually we will have the quality keeper we have been missing for for  years now.
66-1112520797

Postby darwisigila » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:32 am

We don need to compared to anyone unless we start winning away games.
darwisigila

Postby RedWolf35 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:19 am

Stu I think Ferdinand is sooooo overated

Give me Carra anyday   

1.   more heart
2.   more pride
3.   never injured

would Ferdinand have been throwing himself in front of players in the champ final when he could hardly stand? ???

how you can say its laughable comparing the two???

Carra     :buttrock
RedWolf35

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:27 am

Bamaga man wrote:Rio is probably one of the best defenders at bringing the ball out of defense, but strictly as a defender he is way over hyped.

Totally agree,

Ferdinand's concentration switches off too often in games for my liking.
He is undoubtably brilliant on the ball...and could imo probably play as a defensive midfielder better, he wouldnt have to be as focused in that position and he uses the ball well enough to play there.
But as a defender although Stu is right about fans going a little over the top now with Carragher, he has still within the last 6 months brought about an extra 40% to his game.
He reads the game better than he did...wins more headers than he did, and also looks far more comfortable in posession than he ever has.
Have you seen him carrying the ball up the field now when there isn't a pass on ?
I would without doubt take Carragher over Rio if i was picking a centre half.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion