Graeme souness - Respect my ****** he is in the right!

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Anyone hear about this? I listened to 2 interviews he done today. Was a bit funny but I think he was totally in the right. What is the point of the respect campaign if the person is not doing their job properly.

The 5live interview was so funny it was one of the female presenters (name doesn't come to mind). But anyway she couldn't understand so he just pasued and then said "well you were never a professional football so I wouldn't expect you to understand".

"Don't patronise me" she said.  :laugh:

Anyway I would have probably done the same thing but maybe have watched my language in the first place. Or wait till after the game and rip into him with all sorts of language.

--------------

Graeme Souness 'in foul-mouthed rant at an Under-10s football match'

Football manager Graeme Souness reportedly launched into a foul-mouthed tirade following an incident at an Under-10s football match.

he former Liverpool manager, 55, started swearing at the coach of a rival team, after his nine year old son James was kicked during the game.

He claimed a player had "lashed out" at James, who had won the ball in the match between Hale and Bramhall North in the Stockport Metro League.

Mike Frayne, club secretary of Bramhall, said: "Souness marched across the pitch and asked where the ****ing Bramhall coach was – and he started shouting abuse.

"People were shocked. I'll be reporting Souness to the League, and the Cheshire FA will take a dim view," he told the Sun.

Jeff Goodwin, 46, who was watching his son Jacob, said: "This guy should know better. There were ladies in our group. He did say to them, 'Excuse me.'

"But he told our coach, 'If you think this is the way to teach kids to play, you've no ****ing chance.'

"Our coach was speechless. It was out of order."

Souness, who has managed Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle, admitted losing his temper.

"I did swear. I hold my hands up. But I apologised when I saw a woman present," he said.

"My son took the ball off a kid and the kid lashed out."

Souness, who is now a television commentator, added: "I waited 90 seconds for the coach to take the lad off – but nothing happened. I said to him, 'What the **** are you teaching kids?'"

Referee Mike Connor, whose son plays for Hale, said: "One lad kicked James. I don't like sending off kids and I was half-hoping their coach would do something – but he didn't."

The Bramhall side won 5-0.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:"People were shocked. I'll be reporting Souness to the League, and the Cheshire FA will take a dim view," he told the Sun.

I bet they couldn't wait to print that story  ???
destro

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 pm

I enjoyed that read :D

Several things to comment. One, you can tell when people loves football. When you love football you love it in the premier league and in a 10 year older game. Souness is probably one of those parents that do go to all the matches of his son and talk the away and home coaches -- For some school coaches it's more complicated to bench someone because he'll have the typical father asking why :D.

Souness is obviously one of those passionated football men. I like that.

He was a bit patronising to the away coach, as that coach probably won't coach anything big in his life and he's there for the love of football. But Souness admits he lost his temper and hold his hand up, so it's all right.

About the incident with the journalist, sorry, he was spot on. THose journos do not only their job, reporting what's happening, too often they become intruders in the coach's job telling them how to do things when they're clueless. Too often they are impertinent. And from time to time they have to be told to stick to what they know about. It's not patronising, it's the fúcking truth.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion