Merging threads? - More forum censorship?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Effes » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Sabre wrote:true, *you* didn't say it, and the exact abuse wasn't moronic :censored:, I'm talking about quotes like this from Sir Roger

why isnt he an idiotic moronic lower league useless manager for losing in Athens?

Sabre, that Sir Roger just posts utter tripe. He needs to be sent to the "bench" to think things through.

Can I just air another gripe; people who treat threads like chat rooms. Ive no problem with the odd one line. But when you trawl through a thread and it "Yea mate, hope so", "Yea mate, should be" etc etc - it's just sh!te!

These people need to put some thought into their post, I cant be @rsed reading cht-room bollox. It ruins a thread.

Note: Obviously its fine in Gen Chat, but not the main footy part.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Yea mate, totally agree.:D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:21 pm

zarababe wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Lando, as usual, has talked himself into a Newkit vacation of undetermined length for his persistent failure to debate without abusing those he disagrees with.  No amount of "but those people deserve it" or "but I find Lando's rants funny" will change things so I'd advise people to get used to his absence and simply get on with things.**

(**on the flipside, we also don't need anyone popping in to gloat about the ban and I'll take a dim view of that sort of nonsense)

they don't call you BAD BOB for nowt then - well I will persist in my 'when's Lando coming back'  -

lets not forget he's the one who took time to represent this fourm at Phil's (Drummers) funeral and visited him in hospital when he was dying .. it takes someone with a good heart and humanity to do such things.. that does not make him immune to any action, but tells us what kind of a guy he is. 

Some of the bullies on here have met their match and in Lando there is passion for liverpool and rafa, where abuse of an honourable and dedicated man raises it's own demons for some of us - and the abuse towards Rafa has been a disgrace at times!

So ... BRING BACK LANDO !

Come on Zara, you are so much better than that
leave Phil out of it.

Sometimes he goes over the top we all do even the Mods
hit way below the belt but he will be back.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 am

bigmick wrote:
Judge wrote:yeah bye, now fu'ck off :D

Fecking knew you'd have to get the last word in  :angry:  :p  :D

your not having the last word mickie  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Sabre wrote:There are not bans without reports, and some people want Lando out of this forum a long ago.

Sabre, mate, you know I have the greatest respect for you but I simply must disabuse you of two misconceptions you seem to carry when it comes to Lando. (Zara, you might want to listen up as well):

1) That Lando only abuses people who abuse the manager.  That is simply not the case.  He also abuses people who make a concerted effort to criticize the manager in reasonable ways, people who simply disagree with the manager on a particular decision and a few others for good measure.  And, while a few people might get a little carried away on occasion and have a pop at Rafa, I promise you that no one is carrying on towards Rafa the way Lando carries on towards fellow members.  In other words, the response is incommensurate to the offense. It's a pattern of persistent, frequently vulgar abuse that has no place on an internet message board.  Until he figures that out, he and I are going to have problems.

2) This idea that there are no bans without reports is patently untrue.  I read the board like everyone else and I can generally make my own decisions when someone's crossed a line.  I don't need to wait until someone tells me they've been getting abuse from Lando because he's not particularly subtle about it.  It's usually three, four, five posts in a row having a right go at people, derailing discussion, perpetuating flame wars and generally acting out in an immature way.

So, your support for a mate is lovely and, yes, I'm fully aware of what Lando did for Phil and his family--which I will always respect.  But, the manner in which he carries on here in this forum, in the here and now, is simply unacceptable.  Perhaps it's time to stop making excuses for the guy and consider having a word in his ear about appropriate behaviour--maybe if he hears it from his mates, it'll sink in. ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Sabre, mate, you know I have the greatest respect for you but I simply must disabuse you of two misconceptions you seem to carry when it comes to Lando. (Zara, you might want to listen up as well):

1) That Lando only abuses people who abuse the manager.  That is simply not the case.  He also abuses people who make a concerted effort to criticize the manager in reasonable ways, people who simply disagree with the manager on a particular decision and a few others for good measure.  And, while a few people might get a little carried away on occasion and have a pop at Rafa, I promise you that no one is carrying on towards Rafa the way Lando carries on towards fellow members.  In other words, the response is incommensurate to the offense. It's a pattern of persistent, frequently vulgar abuse that has no place on an internet message board.  Until he figures that out, he and I are going to have problems.

2) This idea that there are no bans without reports is patently untrue.  I read the board like everyone else and I can generally make my own decisions when someone's crossed a line.  I don't need to wait until someone tells me they've been getting abuse from Lando because he's not particularly subtle about it.  It's usually three, four, five posts in a row having a right go at people, derailing discussion, perpetuating flame wars and generally acting out in an immature way.

So, your support for a mate is lovely and, yes, I'm fully aware of what Lando did for Phil and his family--which I will always respect.  But, the manner in which he carries on here in this forum, in the here and now, is simply unacceptable.  Perhaps it's time to stop making excuses for the guy and consider having a word in his ear about appropriate behaviour--maybe if he hears it from his mates, it'll sink in.

Needless to say I accept your different view on point number one.

On point two, I apologize for my misconception.

About the making excuses bit I'm not, I just have a different view to the one of yours, but I won't carry on with it.

About the having a word with him in order to chill him down, I've tried so a couple of times.

I reiterate my respect to your decission and your job (not only your but red,woof, supersub), but when I see that a poster I like is banned I felt that I had to say it's a pity and he's going be missed, please do not take it as a dig to your decission. :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

take this sabre so you can have more digs :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Well I want Lando back, as soon as possible. But, I totally agree with Bob. Lando has been on this forum for years now, and the biggest misconception is that he's always been the same, he hasn't. I'll tell you what it used to be like. In the old days, we used to get regular "feck you, you're all c...s" visitors who were Everton supporters, Mancs or whatever. When I was a mod, I used to ban em instantly. Unless of course Lando was around. It was like being pinned down by artillery and calling in the F16's. Seeing him come over the horizon to not just tell these c...s that they were c...s, not only to show these c...s that they were c...s, but to do it in a really funny way as well. When Lando was reading the thread, I'd go pour meslef a whisky and give it ten minutes. Half the time, you didn't even have to ban the c...s they'd just retreat  :laugh:

Sometimes over the last couple of years though, the sights have gone a bit skew whiff. Sometimes these days it gets trained on our own fans which isn't right. Not only that, but it gets trained on our own fans who very often don't deserve it. Now by that, I remember one night when I was a mod when Peewee and Lando got stuck into each other. I saw that as two heavywieght bolshy feckers slugging it out and i stayed out of it. They can both handle themselves so no harm done. Sometimes though, I think Lando lets his stance on the manager spill over into personal abuse. this "if you slag the manager I slag you" stance is just plain daft. As a lLiverpool supporter on a Liverpool forum, surely you are allowed to moan/gripe/whinge etc without being called a c...? Sometimes it's been OTT, but that said I hope he comes back one day. Even as recently as a few days ago he is still capable of being very funny.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Sabre wrote:

So, your support for a mate is lovely and, yes, I'm fully aware of what Lando did for Phil and his family--which I will always respect.  But, the manner in which he carries on here in this forum, in the here and now, is simply unacceptable.  Perhaps it's time to stop making excuses for the guy and consider having a word in his ear about appropriate behaviour--maybe if he hears it from his mates, it'll sink in.

Needless to say I accept your different view on point number one.

On point two, I apologize for my misconception.

About the making excuses bit I'm not, I just have a different view to the one of yours, but I won't carry on with it.

About the having a word with him in order to chill him down, I've tried so a couple of times.

I reiterate my respect to your decission and your job (not only your but red,woof, supersub), but when I see that a poster I like is banned I felt that I had to say it's a pity and he's going be missed, please do not take it as a dig to your decission. :)

No worries, mate, I knew you weren't having a go at me or the other Mods.  I also know there's a bit of a mythology about Lando that I simply do not share, nor can I, since I have the task of moderating this place (and moderation is not a word that seems to be in his prodigious vocabulary).  Like Mick, I'm nostalgic for the days when Lando's ascerbic wit was a force for Newkit entertainment rather than perpetual strife.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby simolonge » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:24 am

simolonge

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum